ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Morning after and still trying to figure out what happened last night. At this point, I think the best course of action is to take the W and move on.

Reactions: jace4655555
no Fran coaches players to play actual BB and not street ball/playground.
as for the Michigan game they were 8-33 from 3, looks like Iowa played pretty good defense. Michigan also shot 21-65 for 32.3%

last night MD shot out of their hitting last 2nd shots from 3 3-4' past the ARC most of them with a hand in their face with 1-2 2nds left on the shot clock.

didn't/can't play defense what a load of BS.

There were absolute wide open looks. People not within 10 feet. What game did you watch?

Reactions: jwardelt

I don't watch the NBA much, but I can't imagine refs in the NBA are worse than the B1G. Carsen took and missed a lot of open shots, but I doubt he goes 4-24 without a lot more of these instances where he is blatantly hit on the arm during his shot.

There were absolute wide open looks. People not within 10 feet. What game did you watch?
a few were but there were far more shot with 2 or fewer seconds left on the shot clock and MD only scored 66 points, not exactly lighting the scoreboard up on a team that didn't/can't play defense, inspite of MD making 12 3's all they could manage a 1 point win on a last second shot.

a few were but there were far more shot with 2 or fewer seconds left on the shot clock and MD only scored 66 points, not exactly lighting the scoreboard up on a team that didn't/can't play defense, inspite of MD making 12 3's all they could manage a 1 point win on a last second shot.

Enjoy that 1 point loss at home

Sounds like a good deal im in. My charity of choice is St. Jude.

@CardinalBoiler doing your 2nd 50 to indy BGC. Any certain club you use?

I will make the donation to St Jude tonight. For me, I'll choose the same Tyler Trent cancer research fund as @VulvHa. my old man has been battling cancer for almost a decade, so let me say this clearly: FVCK CANCER!

well at least hit Daily on the side of his vs doing the cheap shot to the back of the head,
I am surprised the refs didn't wave the foul off and blame Dailey for getting head in the way of Bruno's elbow, how dare he interfer with the great and untouchable Bruno.

gee don't these Iowa players realize they were in the presence of a NBA Lottery pick and should just let him do what he wants, Baer found that out when he got a clean block on a Bruno shot and ended up getting called for a foul,

no Fran coaches players to play actual BB and not street ball/playground.
as for the Michigan game they were 8-33 from 3, looks like Iowa played pretty good defense. Michigan also shot 21-65 for 32.3%

last night MD shot out of their hitting last 2nd shots from 3 3-4' past the ARC most of them with a hand in their face with 1-2 2nds left on the shot clock.

didn't/can't play defense what a load of BS.
Fran teaches players to be pussies. Their defense looks like All-Star game defenses. Similar to street ball defense played by tired 40 year olds. Fran taught them the matador defense. Go by them and the only thing you'll feel is exasperated breathing from their sigh.

Maryland's players were hitting wide open threes all night from directly on the 3pt line. Iowa looked lost on that end, per usual.

Play defense and you might have a shot against good teams. Going to be an early tourney exit.

We’ve had some physical games. Our fans chanted “Ugly” at Uthoff. Woodbury poked Melo in the eye twice.

He got Melo twice? Damn, thought he saved that for us. He got Frank and Nigel. Eye poke champion for sure.

Reactions: bMORE607
Enjoy that 1 point loss at home
doesn't matter the team will just forward will look back on how they gave the game away.

they have already surpassed EVERY BODIES expectations by winning 20 games and 9 BT games
20 win season = 5th in 7 seasons
get to 10 wins for a .500 BT record = 7 season in the last 8 seasons

not bad for someone that can't coach.
2nd best win total in Iowa's history up next is Dr. Tom who was run off for not winning enough.

6 straight post season trips Dr. Tom best was 5 straight in 13 seasons with 11 total
Lute's best was 5 straight in 9 seasons with just 5 trips
Fran has over 400 total wins. strange number for a coach that supposedly can't coach.

Omg, so many, so triggered. Blahahahaha

giphy.gif

Fran teaches players to be pussies. Their defense looks like All-Star game defenses. Similar to street ball defense played by tired 40 year olds. Fran taught them the matador defense. Go by them and the only thing you'll feel is exasperated breathing from their sigh.

Maryland's players were hitting wide open threes all night from directly on the 3pt line. Iowa looked lost on that end, per usual.

Play defense and you might have a shot against good teams. Going to be an early tourney exit.
rewatch the game and look at the shot clock and how far the were past the Arc. obviously we watched 2 totally different games. this is not last season.

even the announcers when they were not sucking up tO MD stated that Iowa was playing solid man to man and their change up to zone was very good last night,

even Iowa press was very effective,

Those Wisconsjn and Maryland losses suck bad. Gotta find a way to win at home when it’s not MSU or Michigan, who we actually beat

rewatch the game and look at the shot clock and how far the were past the Arc. obviously we watched 2 totally different games. this is not last season.

even the announcers when they were not sucking up tO MD stated that Iowa was playing solid man to man and their change up to zone was very good last night,

Eric Ayala hit 1(one) 3 that was as the shot clock expired with a hand in his face.

Reactions: Jaycg15

Yet, Maryland scored over 1 point per possession against them. I watched it on mute, so I assume they said "Iowa is playing good defense for Iowa."

It looks like the big ten is figuring out how to beat Purdue. Carsen is fantastic, but their offense isn't sustainable enough to do damage in the tourney unless he plays consistently well.

We’ve had some physical games. Our fans chanted “Ugly” at Uthoff. Woodbury poked Melo in the eye twice.
Woody never guarded Melo so that is a outright lie,

last season alone Pemsl took a elbow to the back of his head with no call, Bruno after knocking Cook to the floor then went all macho by standing over him jacking his jaw. as far as I am concerned had every right to hit Bruno in the mouth as that is exactly would happened in a street ball/outdoor BB Court situation. because even there are limits as to what is allowed before retaliation occur.

this is why I am looking forward to the rest of this season and next when these rejoin the team
7'+ 250 lb Nunge who has gotten bigger and stronger
6'8 235 lbs Pemsl down from 265 lbs who has gotten much stronger quicker
6'4 210 lb Fredrick's who also has gotten stronger and brings his 45+% shooting from 3 and 90+ shooting from the ftl.

all that before 4* F 6'9 Patrick and 5'11 PG Troussaint join the team.

Patrick is br being called the best player in the state
Troussaint is rated the #1 PG in NY and the #2 player in the state of NY, also the best lock down defender in the state.

last season alone Pemsl took a elbow to the back of his head with no call, Bruno after knocking Cook to the floor then went all macho by standing over him jacking his jaw. as far as I am concerned had every right to hit Bruno in the mouth as that is exactly would happened in a street ball/outdoor BB Court situation. because even there are limits as to what is allowed before retaliation occur.

this is why I am looking forward to the rest of this season and next when these rejoin the team
6'4 210 lb Fredrick's who also has gotten stronger and brings his 45+% shooting from 3 and 90+ shooting from the ftl.

Troussaint is rated the #1 PG in NY and the #2 player in the state of NY, also the best lock down defender in the state.

adam-woodbury-020815-vine-ftr_114gjn69q5p7s14gvkjxkpgz75.jpg

String bean Patrick will need 3 redshirt years before he'll be big enough to play. There's a minimum weight limit for the B1G ya know.

ADVERTISEMENT