ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Terrible take. A deep tournament run is one of the funnest experiences in sports. Especially a Final Four. You're one of 4 teams being talked about non-stop for an entire week leading up to the games. You won an entire regional of 16 teams.
Not my point. Fun? No doubt. A clear delineator between being a good coach or not. No way. Being a good team or not. No. Fun? Absolutely. The setup to get to a FF is too variable to determine the best 4 teams. Best of 3 or best of 5 definitely. One and done...no way. In Painters case he is relatively young and arguably a couple of key injuries from having EE or FF teams. Doesn’t change who he is...he’s a really good coach that fields competitive teams consistently. I’m clearly in the minority on this subject...doesn’t bother me. I’m fine with my position.

I want my last 3 hours back from this **** show thread I’m outta here

anigif_enhanced-25230-1439329682-2.gif

Yes because every bet I’ve ever made here has been to charity. I don’t need $50. Any time I’ve won a bet I still match the donation because that’s what it’s about. Maybe one day you’ll understand how important it is to help those in need.
I made two charity bets at the beginning of the year. Won both. So shut the fvck with this holier than thou act.

@B-Westy continue to tell me how big a piece of shit am for using a charity as a disguise for
my degenerate gambling. I tried to fool everyone in using STJudes as a money laundering site but you’ve caught me red handed.
No one gives a fvck dude. You made a bet and lost. You don’t get to tell me what I do with my money. I chose to not partake in this particular bet tonight. Who the fvck cares? Trying to make me out as a bad person for not betting on a basketball game is a joke.

lie much the refs did nothing to help Iowa. MD shot out their ass from 3 making 12-28 and only won by 1. Iowa missed 3 front ends of the 1 n 1's, 8-26 by Iowa from 3 Wieskamp went 0-3 from 3 and 0-2 from 2.

Cowan was shooting 33.1% 3 tonight he goes 5-10, so don't push that shit about the refs helping Iowa out.

Play some defense bitch and we won’t hit 12-28

Indianas best player tonight was Carsen Edwards, the chuckiest of all inefficient chuckers.

If he sits, Purdue wins by, what, 15ish? He single handedly kept iu in the game.

Painter now 3-0 vs Archie with 2 at Assembly Hall. Like I said before, highly unlikely Painter ever loses to Archie before hes fired. Programs headed in opposite directions.
Couldn't agree more brotha

Wasn’t over the back. Haarms had good position and outreached Juwan.
His arms weren't straight up and instead came over the top of Morgan. With how they were calling the game all night, imo it was a good no call since they hadn't called that the whole night. But technically, it was a textbook example of what over the back is.

That’s for sure. It’s about getting 50/50 with the breaks. Michigan lost a national championship game in 2013 to a team that vacated their title due to cheating. Michigan lost in the elite 8 in 2014 to a Kentucky buzzer beater. Michigan lost in the sweet 16 in 2017 on a wide missed three by 44% shooter Derrick Walton.

So hell if I’m going to apologize for a favorable bracket, ya know?
I'm hearing a lot of losing here....if Beilein keeps this up he might drop down to 15th to 20th range instead of the 11th or 12th spot he's currently holding.

His arms weren't straight up and instead came over the top of Morgan. With how they were calling the game all night, imo it was a good no call since they hadn't called that the whole night. But technically, it was a textbook example of what over the back is.
Dz0NGjlX0AAUxhX.jpg

Looks pretty damn clean to me man, wasn’t even touching Morgan. Textbook over the back would be Morgan boxing Haarms out and Haarms jumping/reaching over him, clearly not the case here.

Terrible take. A deep tournament run is one of the funnest experiences in sports. Especially a Final Four. You're one of 4 teams being talked about non-stop for an entire week leading up to the games. You won an entire regional of 16 teams.
One of the best sports memory I've had was the 2002 national championship game run IU had. That Duke game still ranks above the birth of 2 of my children!

I actually had picked IU to make it to the championship game and then to lose to Maryland. IIRC, i was only one of like 200 people who had the correct championship game lineup on the ESPN bracket challenge. I finished i believe around 12th because of that pick and is ny far the highest I've ever been on any of those national bracket challenges.

Dz0NGjlX0AAUxhX.jpg

Looks pretty damn clean to me man, wasn’t even touching Morgan. Textbook over the back would be Morgan boxing Haarms out and Haarms jumping/reaching over him, clearly not the case here.
Um...can you not see that his arms aren't straight up and down? Which then makes his arms go over the top of Morgan while his body is I to Morgan?

But honestly, not sure why its important to you? I've already said that it was a good non call...so what's the point?

Um...can you not see that his arms aren't straight up and down? Which then makes his arms go over the top of Morgan while his body is I to Morgan?

But honestly, not sure why its important to you? I've already said that it was a good non call...so what's the point?
It’s not a big deal but you keep saying it was over the back and it just wasn’t called, that is not over the back.

It’s not a big deal but you keep saying it was over the back and it just wasn’t called, that is not over the back.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but when a defender walls up, but his arm's instead of being straight up...ends up coming down a little and goes into the offensive player....who will get called for a foul?

I'm really not understanding why you don't think this is OTB, but if Morgan was on the ground still, it would be? Not talking shit here...I really don't understand your thinking here. OTB can happen if the under player is jumping for a rebound....not sure if your saying that it can't happen in your last post, or if I misunderstood you.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but when a defender walls up, but his arm's instead of being straight up...ends up coming down a little and goes into the offensive player....who will get called for a foul?

I'm really not understanding why you don't think this is OTB, but if Morgan was on the ground still, it would be? Not talking shit here...I really don't understand your thinking here. OTB can happen if the under player is jumping for a rebound....not sure if your saying that it can't happen in your last post, or if I misunderstood you.
I don’t think it’s over the back because Haarms didn’t go over his back lol nothing too complex here man. Morgan didn’t box Haarms out & Haarms didn’t jump over him, his arms didn’t go over his shoulders flailing for the ball, he didn’t even touch Morgan. If you really get the impression that his arm isn’t going straight up to the ball there and just gets to the ball before Morgan then idk what to tell you. I’m sure you played basketball at some point and know that would have been the lamest over the back call. It was just the classic offensive tip in.

lie much the refs did nothing to help Iowa. MD shot out their ass from 3 making 12-28 and only won by 1. Iowa missed 3 front ends of the 1 n 1's, 8-26 by Iowa from 3 Wieskamp went 0-3 from 3 and 0-2 from 2.

Cowan was shooting 33.1% 3 tonight he goes 5-10, so don't push that shit about the refs helping Iowa out.
The refs manufactured a foul against Cowan at the end. His clean steal was called a foul because they wanted Iowa to win. The refs tried cheating for Iowa, but the better team came into Carver and beat Iowa and the refs.

It's a good thing Iowa plays no defense and Maryland capitalized on it by hitting an absolutely average 42% from 3.

I don’t think it’s over the back because Haarms didn’t go over his back lol nothing too complex here man. Morgan didn’t box Haarms out & Haarms didn’t jump over him, his arms didn’t go over his shoulders flailing for the ball, he didn’t even touch Morgan. If you really get the impression that his arm isn’t going straight up to the ball there and just gets to the ball before Morgan then idk what to tell you. I’m sure you played basketball at some point and know that would have been the lamest over the back call. It was just the classic offensive tip in.
Agree to disagree here. But like I said before, I'm fine with it not being called in that situation.

The refs manufactured a foul against Cowan at the end. His clean steal was called a foul because they wanted Iowa to win. The refs tried cheating for Iowa, but the better team came into Carver and beat Iowa and the refs.

RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT