ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Michigan looked ok. Offense struggled. Defense looks like a top 10 unit. Teske is a bit uncoordinated but alters so much in the paint. A lot of his work doesn't find the box score.

Couldn't watch the game, but Terps won vs Delaware! Next game Friday vs Navy...
Just back from the game.
The good:
Bruno & Sticks are a formidable tandem down low and seemed to work together. Bruno may lead the world in dunks this year (5 today but may have been 6).
MD finally has some ball handlers to go with Cowan. Ayala has great vision and is very savvy. Kind of a throw back.
Wiggins has athleticism.
The Bad:
Epically poor shooting night. Missed 15 straight 3s. Can’t have that in today’s game.
Ayala, Wiggins and Serrell Mitch shoot as well as Morsell did last year. So those 4 poor streaky shooters will take a ton of shots this year. Will make for some sketchy games.
Terps played 5 fresh a lot. Lindo could end up being a good one

Went ahead and fired up a crazy parlay for a few bucks just to get the juices flowing:

Purdue/Fairfield - Under (148.5)
UNC (-11) @ Wofford
Ball State (-320) vs. Indiana State
Nevada (-11) vs. BYU
Duke (+115) vs. UK (N)
Minnesota (-14) vs. Nebraska Omaha
Notre Dame (-12.5) vs. Illinois Chicago

Can't wait to see how quickly I burn through my football winnings.
@klize17 Your boys in the desert are going to end up ruining this for me...

It's hot, and it's not unthinkable either.

Have you done a B1G prediction?
Where do you think Sparty will be ranked for the B1G Tourney?

I'm willing to move the top half-ish up. The bottom half(ish) I doubt as Contenders, but could still muddy up bubble issues in the B1G. Would watch their games vs the (new) Next Tier.

Mid-B1G looks fun again.

My hottake is that the lil 12 sucks

I respect that level of accountability out of you.

giphy.gif

Ok, that explains that....Now what about your take on Eastern being better than Romeo?
It's hot, and it's not unthinkable either.

Have you done a B1G prediction?
Where do you think Sparty will be ranked for the B1G Tourney?

I'm willing to move the top half-ish up. The bottom half(ish) I doubt as Contenders, but could still muddy up bubble issues in the B1G. Would watch their games vs the (new) Next Tier.

Mid-B1G looks fun again.

Michigan State sucks. Bottom 7 of the B1G. Probably miss the tourmey or will be a 9 seed.

Ok, that explains that....Now what about your take on Eastern being better than Romeo?
Dumba*s literally said that Romeo wasn't even going to make the Big Ten all freshman team. Laughing No reason to ever take him serious when attempting to discuss basketball.

Reactions: SNU0821
Dumba*s literally said that Romeo wasn't even going to make the Big Ten all freshman team. Laughing No reason to ever take him serious when attempting to discuss basketball.
Some of his takes are so bad, you would think he is trolling. But I really don’t think he is.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Went ahead and fired up a crazy parlay for a few bucks just to get the juices flowing:

Purdue/Fairfield - Under (148.5)
UNC (-11) @ Wofford
Ball State (-320) vs. Indiana State
Nevada (-11) vs. BYU
Duke (+115) vs. UK (N)
Minnesota (-14) vs. Nebraska Omaha
Notre Dame (-12.5) vs. Illinois Chicago

Can't wait to see how quickly I burn through my football winnings.
200.gif

Not a bad start
Not at all. On a related note, that's one of the first Nevada games I've watched other than tournament play. Definitely a talented roster, but seem pretty undisciplined in their offensive execution. I'm sure they'll be able to out-athlete 90% of the teams they play, but when they aren't able to get into the lane, they settle for a lot of bad threes.

Still, at this point that's picking nits with a team featuring Caroline and the Martin twins.

Reactions: KisteK
Not at all. On a related note, that's one of the first Nevada games I've watched other than tournament play. Definitely a talented roster, but seem pretty undisciplined in their offensive execution. I'm sure they'll be able to out-athlete 90% of the teams they play, but when they aren't able to get into the lane, they settle for a lot of bad threes.

Still, at this point that's picking nits with a team featuring Caroline and the Martin twins.

One reason why Stephens was huge last year. They don’t have that dead eye shooter and they will still take a million of them.

I couldn’t play with the Martin twins would be unbelievably frustrating

Some of his takes are so bad, you would think he is trolling. But I really don’t think he is.
I think he is serious too. A while back he said that he devoted his life to watching big ten basketball in order to keep himself out of trouble (whatever that means). He said he watched every big ten game like 3 times each last year.

I think he is serious too. A while back he said that he devoted his life to watching big ten basketball in order to keep himself out of trouble (whatever that means). He said he watched every big ten game like 3 times each last year.
His meltdown after the Iowa loss a few years back is the only thing that makes me hesitate for a second. Otherwise, I'm totally convinced he's just trolling you guys because he knows the reaction he gets around here, especially from a few specific posters.

His meltdown after the Iowa loss a few years back is the only thing that makes me hesitate for a second. Otherwise, I'm totally convinced he's just trolling you guys because he knows the reaction he gets around here, especially from a few specific posters.
His meltdown after the Iowa game was legendary.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa

He’s no doubt trolling. When he says quit tagging him he means he loves the attention. Stolen valor aside he gets several worked up over here and wouldn’t mind if he came back.

That's a lie. That's at a minimum 315 hrs of footage (assuming average game length and no OTs). His DVR can only hold 300 hrs of footage in SD.

Let's just pretend that the game doesn't have any stoppage due to ft's, referees holding the ball, timeouts, anything aside from gameplay, and he doesn't watch any other game aside from B10 games, he'd have to watch more than 1 big ten conference game every single night of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT