ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

I have no idea what happened on the Maryland play nor did I imply otherwise.

If you think the Chase hit was dirty then would you agree this is dirty, too? Same exact thing.

Not really but maybe I’m wrong. I feel like I see that a million times. Certainly don’t think that one was as blatant as the Chase one.

Not really but maybe I’m wrong. I feel like I see that a million times. Certainly don’t think that one was as blatant as the Chase one.

I feel like that’s unnecessary roughness. Pancaking a guy who is engaged is one thing. Diving on them and driving them into the ground when they are already down and behind the play is completely different.

Or maybe I’m just salty

He's gone full Gil. Hell he's triggered over Indiana Football. I think that's the first person in decades.

Ah the internet tough guy rolling up here. Go run your tough guy vag and deal with the fact that you, like your program, both suck nuts.

Reactions: Blue_J
It’s November. You are making huge assumptions about your team based on one win. If you drop Fitzner from your team percentage, IU shoots 30% or worse from 3. You can claim that’s by design or no big deal if you like, but I bet you wished it were better.
You seem to think Carsen can be stopped, but Romeo can score at will. I personally haven’t said anything about Purdue being great this year, but I do know which team has the better player and it’s Edwards hands down. If he can be stopped, knowing he can get to the rim just as well as Romeo and he is a threat, a huge threat from deep, then I don’t see how you can assume Romeo can’t be stopped?

Right now, I would say IU looks a little better defensively compared to Purdue, but Purdue is a much better scoring team and had just as many, if not more weapons than IU. If other teams can play with IU defensively and have a better overall balance in scoring, you have to ask yourself, what will IU do when that’s taken away. If Purdue isn’t hitting from deep, we still have Haarms and Beaudreaux who average 25 a game from the post, as well as Carsen, Nojel, Cline, Wheeler and Hunter who can get to the basket as well as shoot. Who is going to step up when Juwan or Romeo get in foul trouble? How is good is IU from the stripe? If the other team is scoring, how will IU get runouts without rebounds? There’s always a way to negate other teams strengths. Does IU really have an answer when their defense doesn’t provide scoring?
Huh? Where did I say Edwards could be stopped? Where did I say Romeo couldn't be?

If you take Fitzner off, IU shoots 30%.............Ok. BUT Fitzner is here. So that's irrelevant. Plus, well, Phinisee is shooting 50% from three. SO there is that. Plus, ROmeo isn't going to shoot 17% for the entire year.

Who's going to step up when Juwan or Romeo get into foul trouble? IDk, maybe one of these guys:

Evan Fitzner-12ppg
Phinisee---10ppg
Justin Smith---11ppg
Durham---9 ppg
Green---8ppg

Possible? WHo knows.

What does IU do if their defense isn't providing buckets? I dunno---Maybe look for Morgan in the post...Or Davis....Or Fitzner. Give the ball to Romeo, spread the floor? Look for SMith and Phinisee? Run some pick and roll with Fitz/Phinisee---then pick your poison between the two; both are shooting 50% from "3". So how do you guard that?

Indiana has ton of work to do. No doubt. But I think you're a tad salty b/c I don't think you felt IU was going to be very good.

Should be a great game(s) when the two play.

Reactions: SNU0821
I mean the game will start 0-0 but lol at the game being “close” even early.
Tried to tell ya. For some reason, IU has played UM pretty good the past few years. I wasn't surprised TBH when I heard IU led at half. I mean maybe a little, But when I heard it was 28-20, late in the 4th---Yeah, then I was.

This is Indiana football. We play really good teams tooth and nail---then shit to bed when it counts. You watch.....IU will lose 66-20 next week.Laughing

Tried to tell ya. For some reason, IU has played UM pretty good the past few years. I wasn't surprised TBH when I heard IU led at half. I mean maybe a little, But when I heard it was 28-20, late in the 4th---Yeah, then I was.

This is Indiana football. We play really good teams tooth and nail---then shit to bed when it counts. You watch.....IU will lose 66-20 next week.Laughing

Your bar is set way too low my friend

I do....Exactly where it is. Like I said, if IU can out a competitive FB team on the field, battle for a bowl bid, I'm happy. If we have a season here or there where we win 7, 8 or 9 games---I'd be thrilled. In other words, win Saturday, go to a bowl---I'm good. Successful season in my mind.

I do....Exactly where it is. Like I said, if IU can out a competitive FB team on the field, battle for a bowl bid, I'm happy. If we have a season here or there where we win 7, 8 or 9 games---I'd be thrilled. In other words, win Saturday, go to a bowl---I'm good. Successful season in my mind.

Lol

Why? C'mon, man. Quit trolling. Just have a normal conversation. It ain't hard. Why would I have higher expectations for IU football? I mean do you really think my expectations for IU football should be more? I mean like in expecting to win Big 10 titles...10-11 win seasons.....Really? Did you get into the morphine at work?

Why? C'mon, man. Quit trolling. Just have a normal conversation. It ain't hard. Why would I have higher expectations for IU football? I mean do you really think my expectations for IU football should be more? I mean like in expecting to win Big 10 titles...10-11 win seasons.....Really? Did you get into the morphine at work?
It’s all he does now. Act has grown quite tiresome IMO. Dude just can’t have a normal conversation on here. Personality disorder or something.

It’s all he does now. Act has grown quite tiresome IMO. Dude just can’t have a normal conversation on here. Personality disorder or something.
I have to agree. I mean why would I have higher expectations for IU football?

I mean yeah its fun sometimes to "troll". But sheesh. His "act" is getting tiresome.

When Westy and I agree and have been getting along recently we all should be able to get along.

The best is when you troll back and get a message in your inbox.

Reactions: KisteK and B-Westy
MSU fans what’s the word on Watts and signing? Saw he tweeted out a date of signing and then deleted the tweet and didn’t sign

Do you understand why having those expectations could be taken as funny?

I think it's obvious at this point the Big Ten doesnt deserve a team in the college football playoffs. Michigan struggled against Northwestern and IU, and OSU almost got beat by maryland, and did get beat by Purdue.

I think it's obvious at this point the Big Ten doesnt deserve a team in the college football playoffs. Michigan struggled against Northwestern and IU, and OSU almost got beat by maryland, and did get beat by Purdue.

Alabama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Georgia

Those are probably the 4 best teams. Maybe LSU 5th and Michigan 6th.

Hard to go by who teams struggled against because Clemson, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Michigan have all struggled with average to bad teams at some point.

I don’t think a 2 loss team deserves to be in over a one loss Michigan team if Michigan’s only loss is to unbeaten ND.

If Georgia were to beat Alabama in the SECCG then I could see you he argument those 4.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Obviously the top 3. Coin toss between Oklahoma and michigan imo

Michigan has more impressive wins and a “less bad” loss, no? It would suck if the committee set precedent of not considering Michigan played a top 5 team on the road out of conference.

Michigan has more impressive wins and a “less bad” loss, no? It would suck if the committee set precedent of not considering Michigan played a top 5 team on the road out of conference.
I believe the committee trys to pick the 4 best teams. That doesn't necessarily mean the 4 most deserving. Who the 4th team is I'm not sure

I believe the committee trys to pick the 4 best teams. That doesn't necessarily mean the 4 most deserving. Who the 4th team is I'm not sure

And in that scenario the 4th best team might be Georgia but Georgia would have to be the 4 seed so you be putting Alabama vs Georgia for a third game after Alabama already beat them twice? I doubt it, personally.

And in that scenario the 4th best team might be Georgia but Georgia would have to be the 4 seed so you be putting Alabama vs Georgia for a third game after Alabama already beat them twice? I doubt it, personally.
I'm not sure. Still two weeks left to the season. If Georgia beats Alabama in the title game, then it's a no brainer that they make it in. We will see

ADVERTISEMENT