ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

I’ve seen at least 3 dirty hits and I missed a lot of the game because we are celebrating thanksgiving early (I work thanksgiving). People on our home board are saying this was the dirtiest they’ve seen a team play in a long time (which is saying something since home boarders thing OSU and MSU play dirty every game).

I’ve seen at least 3 dirty hits and I missed a lot of the game because we are celebrating thanksgiving early (I work thanksgiving). People on our home board are saying this was the dirtiest they’ve seen a team play in a long time (which is saying something since home boarders thing OSU and MSU play dirty every game).

Michigan football fans... The new BBN. Did a stripper get pushed down in the stands too?

Reactions: cosmickid
Michigan football fans... The new BBN. Did a stripper get pushed down in the stands too?

It’s only because the game was close.

72 had one bad hit after the pancake. That was dirty.

The other shit happens in damn near every game.

**** your football team. I hope you guys are terrible for eternity. 5-5 and out here playing dirty injuring our players.

I didn't watch the whole game,but I saw the targeting call where Edwards was injured.Sucks that someone got hurt,but it was a freshman making a freshman mistake and he got penalized.

But you seem to forget that UM has had their share of targeting calls this season as well, including 3 times in their first 4 games. Let's not pretend that one team is dirty and the others are angels- the stats say differently...

I didn't watch the whole game,but I saw the targeting call where Edwards was injured.Sucks that someone got hurt,but it was a freshman making a freshman mistake and he got penalized.

But you seem to forget that UM has had their share of targeting calls this season as well, including 3 times in their first 4 games. Let's not pretend that one team is dirty and the others are angels- the stats say differently...

If you show me videos of Michigan lineman cheapshotting guys already on the ground I’ll call them dirty. I won’t double down and defend them like some here.

Reactions: ccballa423

He's gone full Gil. Hell he's triggered over Indiana Football. I think that's the first person in decades.

He's gone full Gil. Hell he's triggered over Indiana Football. I think that's the first person in decades.

Dirty hits trigger me, yes. You defending those dirty hits just speaks volumes about you. You are some random poster but now you’re a random poster who supports cheap shots and that makes you a piece of shit. Congrats.

Dirty hits trigger me, yes. You defending those dirty hits just speaks volumes about you. You are some random poster but now you’re a random poster who supports cheap shots and that makes you a piece of shit. Congrats.
Man more personal attacks, I'm so devastated. The guy who trolls most can't handle message boards today.

Man more personal attacks, I'm so devastated. The guy who trolls most can't handle message boards today.

You could always come around and admit those plays are dirty and call out the lineman who did it.

Or you could continue to troll and pretend they were clean plays.

I assume you’ll do the latter but maybe you’ll surprise me.

Im almost positive defensive holding doesnt matter if the ball is un-catchable.

Well, Defensive holding is basically pass interference that occurs Before the pass is thrown. Since the penalty occurs PRIOR to the pass being thrown,whether or not the pass is catchable is immaterial. The distinction between "interference" and "holding" is whether or not the ball has been thrown.Un-catchable is only a factor for interference.

Defensive holding can even apply if the pass is not thrown, though they usually refer to it as illegal contact. Here's an excerpt from the rules...

"Non-Passing Defensive Holding
A defensive lineman cannot hold an offensive lineman thus preventing him from pulling and leading interference on an outside running play. A defender cannot prevent a running back or receiver from advancing downfield beyond the blocking zone. A defender may jam the offensive player at the line of scrimmage, using legal hand movements, but must release them after five yards. A defender may not intentionally restrain an opponent from recovering a loose ball or fumble."

Well, Defensive holding is basically pass interference that occurs Before the pass is thrown. Since the penalty occurs PRIOR to the pass being thrown,whether or not the pass is catchable is immaterial. The distinction between "interference" and "holding" is whether or not the ball has been thrown.Un-catchable is only a factor for interference.

Defensive holding can even apply if the pass is not thrown, though they usually refer to it as illegal contact. Here's an excerpt from the rules...

"Non-Passing Defensive Holding
A defensive lineman cannot hold an offensive lineman thus preventing him from pulling and leading interference on an outside running play. A defender cannot prevent a running back or receiver from advancing downfield beyond the blocking zone. A defender may jam the offensive player at the line of scrimmage, using legal hand movements, but must release them after five yards. A defender may not intentionally restrain an opponent from recovering a loose ball or fumble."

TLDR I’m drunk KYS

Reactions: theetommyt
The Michigan fans commenting on Indiana’s Instagram are salllllllllty my goodness.

I’m positive it has more to do with the dirty plays than “only” winning by double digits. I didn’t see our fan base mad at Rutgers,
Northwestern, etc. Heck, even in our loss to Notre Dame I didn’t see people calling Notre Dame dirty. Indiana is the outlier here.

The Michigan fans commenting on Indiana’s Instagram are salllllllllty my goodness.

I also can’t recall Michigan fans trashing Indiana for being dirty in years past when you’ve played us closer than expected. This year was different because... well... there were actually dirty plays.

Reactions: Abrick07
I haven’t watched Indiana at all this year. I didn’t realize they were dirty.

Oh-He-mad_o_122667.jpg
P

Reactions: KisteK
I’d think most would be mad at cheapshots. It goes beyond trolling to defend that stuff my dude.

That one that was a cheap shot I said so.

You act like the Maryland kid getting injured was a dirty play when you didn’t see it. Which is why you get the U Mad.

One team out eleven have had fans bitch about Indiana being dirty. Hmmmmm

That one that was a cheap shot I said so.

You act like the Maryland kid getting injured was a dirty play when you didn’t see it. Which is why you get the U Mad.

One team out eleven have had fans bitch about Indiana being dirty. Hmmmmm

I have no idea what happened on the Maryland play nor did I imply otherwise.

If you think the Chase hit was dirty then would you agree this is dirty, too? Same exact thing.

ADVERTISEMENT