ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Dang.....McRoberts and Green are game time decisions vs Marquette. Sheesh. No Hunter again. Now possibly no McRoberts, or Green. Man. That'll be tough vs a pretty good MU team.

Reactions: herrli
We play faster than anyone in the B10. Gonna give up a lot of points. We scored 45 points 7 seconds or less the first game. Similar this game. Defense isn't great though.
This doesn't have a lot to do with pace imo, it has more to do with how easy it is to score in the lane on Illinois. For example, Georgetown shot 44% against Maryland Eastern Shore, 46% against Central Connecticut, and 56% against you guys.

Gonna be hard to navigate the B1G with that kind of defense.

We play faster than anyone in the B10. Gonna give up a lot of points. We scored 45 points 7 seconds or less the first game. Similar this game. Defense isn't great though.

I feel like Fran McCaffery has tried this and it doesn’t work.

Sounds exactly like Creans line of thinking! He might be onto something, if you just score more points each game then your opponent...you'll never lose. I'm surprised no one else thought of this before?!

This doesn't have a lot to do with pace imo, it has more to do with how easy it is to score in the lane on Illinois. For example, Georgetown shot 44% against Maryland Eastern Shore, 46% against Central Connecticut, and 56% against you guys.

Gonna be hard to navigate the B1G with that kind of defense.
It's a little of both. We can't keep people out of the lane though. That's all their guards can do, unfortunately. Upset we didn't even adjust on McClung. Guy is trash at everything except putting his head down and driving, yet we pressured him relentlessly.

Blahahaha. The Illini suck horse cock. What a joke of a school.
giphy.gif

Who is this guy? A Nebraska fan talking smack in basketball? I remember my first beer...

Dang.....McRoberts and Green are game time decisions vs Marquette. Sheesh. No Hunter again. Now possibly no McRoberts, or Green. Man. That'll be tough vs a pretty good MU team.
If I had to guess I bet both of them are a go. We need Roberts. Well, I actually think we need Green, too, for his defense on Howard. We're gonna need to be very good defensively tonight. But, gotta remember, that dude is gonna hit tough shots. Just how it works. Hoping we step up and take care of business tonight.

Iowa had decent defenses a few years ago. Just lately have been horrid.
Is there not another poor defense you all could compare to besides Iowa.

I believe there is a picture of Iowa under poor defense in the dictionary at this point. Tough to come to any other conclusions.

If I had to guess I bet both of them are a go. We need Roberts. Well, I actually think we need Green, too, for his defense on Howard. We're gonna need to be very good defensively tonight. But, gotta remember, that dude is gonna hit tough shots. Just how it works. Hoping we step up and take care of business tonight.

They’ll play. If this game was against a weaker team they might sit out but against Marquette they will play

Iowa had decent defenses a few years ago. Just lately have been horrid.
Is there not another poor defense you all could compare to besides Iowa.
The 10 worst Big Ten defensive efficiency marks in the last 10 years:

Northwestern 2009 - 261
Iowa 2018 - 242
Rutgers 2016 - 236
Iowa 2012 - 205
Northwestern 2012 - 202
IU 2015 - 200
Iowa 2010 - 196
Northwestern 2010 - 180
IU 2010 - 176
IU 2009 - 174

Reactions: KisteK
I read that Northwestern is giving students free tickets and a ride to the game. Kinda pathetic for a Big 10 school. There fan base is embarrassing from that standpoint.

I read that Northwestern is giving students free tickets and a ride to the game. Kinda pathetic for a Big 10 school. There fan base is embarrassing from that standpoint.

Yeah that place will be all Ohio State fans. Its a great time in Indy that Saturday night. Had a blast with a bunch of Iowa fans a few years back.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah that place will be all Ohio State fans. Its a great time in Indy that Saturday night. Had a blast with a bunch of Iowa fans a few years back.

It will. I would go every year if I lived in Indy. Do you live near there? And the Hawks drank all the bars out of beer, lol. Loud and proud baby.

The Big 10 basketball tourney is on the bucket list as well.

ADVERTISEMENT