ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Edey would foul out every team’s frontcourt and shoot 20 FTs a game if the refs called the game straight up. He gets fouled off ball constantly. These so called “elbows” wouldn’t even come into play because it would be a foul well before he gets the ball.

Edey would foul out every team’s frontcourt and shoot 20 FTs a game if the refs called the game straight up. He gets fouled off ball constantly. These so called “elbows” wouldn’t even come into play because it would be a foul well before he gets the ball.
Brother that goes for everyone.....If the game were called "By the book"----CBB teams would need football rosters.

Edey gets whacked on....So does TJD.....So does Oscar. Its part of the game.

Reactions: Sparty_57
Brother that goes for everyone.....If the game were called "By the book"----CBB teams would need football rosters.

Edey gets whacked on....So does TJD.....So does Oscar. Its part of the game.
Edey on defense does not push with two arms because he doesn’t have to. Go watch the MSU game and see him get pushed like that on every play off the ball.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
They did the same thing after winning in East Lansing too. This is the peak of their season each year, they go oddly quiet in March. The definition of a fraud program.

They have a bizarre infatuation with Izzo, and a bunch of them who still post here are guilty of saying some psychotic shit about Izzo in the past.
LOL, so let me get this clear:

1) Purdue fans were very tame in a game that was an @ss whooping
2) Izzo then whines for the second game in a row about officiating
3) MSU poster brings it up in this thread
4) Purdue fans respond obviously
5) It’s Purdue fans that have an “infatuation”.

GTFO. You guys are just fcking butthurt.

MSU has a more recent conference championship, conference tourney championship, elite eight, final four, NC appearance, and national title than Purdue.
Just take the L and move on dude. You got whooped and it didn’t have to do with officiating.

Edey on defense does not push with two arms because he doesn’t have to. Go watch the MSU game and see him get pushed like that on every play off the ball.
It happens all through CBB to "bigs". TJD gets very little calls. Gets hammered. Same with Edey....Same with Oscar; just naming those that come to mind. Timme I guess? But he gets a pretty good whistle.

What happens to Edey is not the invention of the wheel. And TBH, he, along with Trayce, etc, etc...get away with their fair share.

And look, Edey is 7'4", 305 lbs, brother.....He's gonna get hit.

It happens all through CBB to "bigs". TJD gets very little calls. Gets hammered. Same with Edey....Same with Oscar; just naming those that come to mind. Timme I guess? But he gets a pretty good whistle.

What happens to Edey is not the invention of the wheel. And TBH, he, along with Trayce, etc, etc...get away with their fair share.

And look, Edey is 7'4", 305 lbs, brother.....He's gonna get hit.
The point is that IF they call it tight, it would favor Edey. He doesn’t foul on D very much by design and because he doesn’t get challengeed. Just look at the non-con where they called it tighter. Edey fouled out Duke and Gonzaga.

The point is that IF they call it tight, it would favor Edey. He doesn’t foul on D very much by design and because he doesn’t get challengeed. Just look at the non-con where they called it tighter. Edey fouled out Duke and Gonzaga.
You do understand I am agreeing with you, right? I'm just not limiting your bickering to ONE player.

You do understand I am agreeing with you, right? I'm just not limiting your bickering to ONE player.
Guess I haven’t seen some of the others much ex TJD so I don’t know how they play on the defensive side. Neither Edey or TJD foul much and it isn’t happenstance.

Guess I haven’t seen some of the others much ex TJD so I don’t know how they play on the defensive side. Neither Edey or TJD foul much and it isn’t happenstance.
Not sure thery don't much, as much as they don't get called....Both have an issue, IMO, moving out shooters with their bodies----Yeah, that is a foul. With that being said, I think both get BEAT on, and don't get a favoravble whistles at times...

MOF, Edey has almost made more FT's than TJD has ATTEMPTED.

Edey has made 97 FT's TJD has attempted 105.

Edey has made 97 FT's TJD has attempted 105.
Edey has played 2 more games / 60+ more minutes so that’s not shocking.

Better comparison: Edey shoots 8.4 free throws per 40 while TJD shoots 7.3.

Both get to the line a lot - Edey just a bit more.

Edit: looks like both of the stats were using don’t have today’s included. I was using sports reference which is an overnight update.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Edey has played 2 more games / 60+ more minutes so that’s not shocking.

Better comparison: Edey shoots 8.4 free throws per 40 while TJD shoots 7.3.

Both get to the line a lot - Edey just a bit more.

Edit: looks like both of the stats were using don’t have today’s included. I was using sports reference which is an overnight update.
Fair.....They both get there.

I’ll be in Iowa City for our game next weekend. Judging by the fact it’s Iowa’s first sellout of the year, I think I might have a lot of orange-wearing company! 😎
I'll ****ing be in Lexington next Saturday...Ugggggh. Wife's brother gave us tic for Florida/UK. I simply forgot IU and Purdue play that day as well. Good news is, Uk game is at 8;30---IU plays at 4. So either will go to my brothers and watch, OR find a bar to watch Indiana game

They are back
We are playing well, sans the Minnesota game. Huge stretch coming up, starting @ Maryland.

@ MD
Vs Purdue
Vs Rutgers---Time to beat those SOB's....
@ Michigan
@ NW

Toughest part of schedule...Its a stretch where IU could certainly make a HUGE jump, OR-----well, fall flat on our faces. No real predicitions TBH...Every game IMO is 50/50

Based in what?

Welcome to Illinois fans' gripe about how Kofi was officiated.

Welcome to Illinois fans' gripe about how Kofi was officiated.
Yeah, I will say it's been very interesting getting to finally see it from the other side again. Freezing cold take and all, but there is no clear-cut way to handle it - or at the very least, it's very difficult for the refs. Guys that big will inevitably get hacked way more than it's called and will seem to be fouling defenders just because of their body advantage.

You guys are Johnny-come-lately's on this one. We've been insufferably bitching about this since 2014 with the Walking Petri Dish, Isaac Haas, roaming the lane.
I’ll say this, Isaac Haas was big. He wasn’t in the same tier though. He did draw 8 fouls per 40 though.

There is a distinct lack of shit posting for rivalry week. IU ****ing sucks, TJD is soft as a baby's ass, and we're going in raw on sleepy Mike's team on Saturday

There is a distinct lack of shit posting for rivalry week. IU ****ing sucks, TJD is soft as a baby's ass, and we're going in raw on sleepy Mike's team on Saturday

200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT