ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

I'm just not interested in women's sports unless it's the NCAA tournament. So it would literally be signing up for the one game. I'll just listen to it while watching this Sparty-Nit game.
Volleyball is an easy watch. Helps that they run that shit.

Made no sense for him to leave and sucks even more now smh

Well. Juwan still had plenty of time to dip into the transfer portal to find another guard right after that day Frankie left and Jaelin came.

Of course he just had to go to Lebanon to get a fifth guy at the four spot (who just like the previous four has zero versatility in being a three or a five).

So now we have this unfortunate situation. I'm so happy as well in the completely unnecessary commit of Gregg Glenn. We certainly needed his body sitting on the bench for 2-3 years before maybe being in the rotation as upperclassman.

Is JHS just day to day and they’re taking it slow?
They haven’t really been specific with what the injury is besides it being his back, so I’m hoping they’re just taking it slow. I’d imagine they’ll want him for the Arizona and Kansas games. If he doesn’t play Saturday, they’ll be pressed a lot more on what is going on

Reactions: Toast.
Well. Juwan still had plenty of time to dip into the transfer portal to find another guard right after that day Frankie left and Jaelin came.

Of course he just had to go to Lebanon to get a fifth guy at the four spot (who just like the previous four has zero versatility in being a three or a five).

So now we have this unfortunate situation. I'm so happy as well in the completely unnecessary commit of Gregg Glenn. We certainly needed his body sitting on the bench for 2-3 years before maybe being in the rotation as upperclassman.
Shannon would have solved a lot of problems. I like Yo-yo…. Should have gone guard instead of Baker or Glenn (or both) tho.

Everyone gets an injury!!! :D

Report is that Kris Murray was seen in a walking boot and that he suffered the "injury" early in the game against Duke, but tried to play through it, which is supposed to explain his non-existent performance..................
If he’s in a boot, it sounds like he’s somewhat injured…

This is bad tho, y’all’s anusi are bout to get penetrated rough without him

Good bounce back win----Did not get to watch except last 4+minutes, since I had a game tonight.

Next two absolutely brutal:

Vs Arizona in Vegas
@ Kansas

Everyone gets an injury!!! :D

Report is that Kris Murray was seen in a walking boot and that he suffered the "injury" early in the game against Duke, but tried to play through it, which is supposed to explain his non-existent performance..................
Boots are precautionary a lot of times. Davis and Chucky were in boots last year and didn’t miss the next game.

I take it Race was himself again,and X didn't shake off Rutgers hangover?
Yeah X was really really bad tonight. Was punished by two straight bad charge calls but he was out of control all game and didn’t shoot the ball well. Pretty vintage bad X. Race actually scored some points, but he is still irritating me to no end this year. He’s very easy to guard and all of his decision making seems a step slow.

That being said, tons of solid takeaways from this game. Basically everyone else (sans JG) played well.

TJD triple double where his passing was phenomenal. Galloway and Bates both shot the lights out. Kopp looked as confident as I’ve ever seen him play with IU.

I know it’s Nebraska without one of their better players but this was largely a nice get right game before Zona. Hopefully JHS will be available, they’ll need his poise

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Yeah X was really really bad tonight. Was punished by two straight bad charge calls but he was out of control all game and didn’t shoot the ball well. Pretty vintage bad X. Race actually scored some points, but he is still irritating me to no end this year. He’s very easy to guard and all of his decision making seems a step slow.

That being said, tons of solid takeaways from this game. Basically everyone else (sans JG) played well.

TJD triple double where his passing was phenomenal. Galloway and Bates both shot the lights out. Kopp looked as confident as I’ve ever seen him play with IU.

I know it’s Nebraska without one of their better players but this was largely a nice get right game before Zona. Hopefully JHS will be available, they’ll need his poise
Yeah I watched last 4 minutes---had a game tonight. Saw on homeboard where X was catching shit.

Nice to hear Bates went for 19----NEED THAT. PLus Trey scoring 13.

Hopeful this shit with JHS doesn't turn into a "phinisee" type of thing----UGGGGH.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Did BTN+ have locker room footage? Is that what the + means?

4f6d0c91-f704-49a1-b714-75601d7eb19b_text.gif

I’ll admit I was pretty mad when Jalen Terry decommitted in the 2020 class after we got AJ Hoggard, I thought Terry was the better prospect and it was bad move on our part.

AJ is averaging about 13/4/6 with a monster game last night for us and Jalen Terry is averaging 4/3/1 at DePaul on 26% from the field.

AJ has room to improve in a lot of ways, but man, he’s definitely stepped it up this year in my eyes.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
I know we still have to show up for March Madness this year, but the simple fact is that the Big Ten is off to a very impressive start overall. I'm not even saying we are better than any specific conference or whatever, merely suggesting that we are not "down" like so many of our own fans were being spoon-fed.

Removing conference games (duh), the Big Ten is 83-25 (.769) overall on the year ... even Minnesota is still above .500! :cool: We are also 26-22 (.542) against other "Power Conference" teams (which I assume still includes the Big East?), with some impressive wins, with most of them being at neutral sites or on the road. Due to NET being so new, I just used the top 25 as a cutoff:

#17 Illinois vs. #2 Texas (New York, NY)
Michigan State vs. #4 Kentucky (Indianapolis, IN)
#24 Purdue vs. #6 Gonzaga (Portland, OR)
#24 Purdue vs. #8 Duke (Portland, OR)
Nebraska at #7 Creighton
#19 Illinois vs. #9 UCLA (Las Vegas, NV)
#10 Indiana vs. #18 North Carolina
Ohio State vs. #21 Texas Tech (Lahaina, HI)

And there several other games against Power Conference competition coming up before the New Year ... some more exciting than others, lol:

Tonight - #20 Iowa State at Iowa
Sat 12/10 - #14 Indiana vs. #10 Arizona (Las Vegas, NV)
Sun 12/11 - #13 Maryland vs. #7 Tennessee (New York, NY)
Sat 12/11 - Seton Hall at Rutgers
Weds 12/14 - #19 UCLA at #13 Maryland
Sat 12/17 - #14 Indiana at #6 Kansas
Sat 12/17 - #25 Ohio State vs. North Carolina (New York, NY)
Sat 12/17 - Nebraska vs. Kansas State (Kansas City, MO)
Sat 12/17 - Wake Forest at Rutgers
Sat 12/17 - DePaul at Northwestern
Weds 12/21 - Michigan "vs." North Carolina (Charlotte, NC)
Thurs 12/22 - #17 Illinois vs. Missouri (St. Louis, MO)

I know it's corny, but it really does help all of us if we win these. :cool: Also, damn, the Big Ten is really trying to get its money's worth out of this whole exposure in New York City thing! 😂

Also, @hawkit3113, I have been saying this for years. Iowa and Iowa State should absolutely move their annual rivalry game to Des Moines at the Wells Fargo Center and copy the 50/50 crowd setup that Illinois and Missouri use for Braggin' Rights in St. Louis:

Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines
dfb04805be30d0e4ab58d99664acb36b.jpg

Braggin' Rights in St. Louis
bragginrights12_770x330.jpg

Not only would it beat the hell out of the atmosphere at Carver-Hawkeye on a weeknight, but these types of events are fun as shit. I went to my first Braggin' Rights last year, and it was a true drunken, festive Christmas party with two fan bases that hate each other, nothing better! 😂

Also, @hawkit3113, I have been saying this for years. Iowa and Iowa State should absolutely move their annual rivalry game to Des Moines at the Wells Fargo Center and copy the 50/50 crowd setup that Illinois and Missouri use for Braggin' Rights in St. Louis:

Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines
dfb04805be30d0e4ab58d99664acb36b.jpg

Braggin' Rights in St. Louis
bragginrights12_770x330.jpg

Not only would it beat the hell out of the atmosphere at Carver-Hawkeye on a weeknight, but these types of events are fun as shit. I went to my first Braggin' Rights last year, and it was a true drunken, festive Christmas party with two fan bases that hate each other, nothing better! 😂

It is a really nice venue, but I doubt either wants to give up the home court advantage. It's huge in this rivalry. Plus Des Moines is farther than Chicago from where I live, so the travel would suck for Eastern Iowa fans

Lmao @Toast. , your sarcastic comment made it.
oh shit lol. guess it’s kind of difficult to tell with the dry delivery.

my bigger point that I’ve been making is that I still think Purdue is a program that looks for a Mac/American type conference up and comer. We’re not poaching a decent P5 head coach like some folks want to believe.

oh shit lol. guess it’s kind of difficult to tell with the dry delivery.

my bigger point that I’ve been making is that I still think Purdue is a program that looks for a Mac/American type conference up and comer. We’re not poaching a decent P5 head coach like some folks want to believe.
Yeah I’m not sure what people are expecting tbh. Everything is “underwhelming” according to most posters. Seems like they’re expecting a Fickell like hire and that’s just not going to happen at Purdue. (Not to mention, not many of those type of guys out there anyway)

ADVERTISEMENT