ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

I mean creighton is objectively a difficult place to play. This win by Illinois is the best win by the conference and that win at creighton is also great. The inability of people on this board to concede any portion of the opposing view is beyond me.
Exactly!! I can see both cases on people saying why a neutral win the #2 or road win vs a top twenty team would be better than the other.

If Nebraska is getting wins there…
I know---I mean good teams never lose at home vs lesser teams....

I mean like in 20-21, when 12th ranked Illinois lost to 6-6, 1-5 Maryland at home. Shit damn near lost at home to Ohio that year as well; 2 FT's by Ayo with 2 seconds left won the game.

C'mon, dude........

Shit IMO Indiana's win @ Xavier is more impressive than there win @ home vs UNC; and this was before UNC's loss at VaTech.

Its tough to win on the road....Neutral sites----not as much.

I mean creighton is objectively a difficult place to play. This win by Illinois is the best win by the conference and that win at creighton is also great. The inability of people on this board to concede any portion of the opposing view is beyond me.
You mean like this?

I mean, thats cool----You are looking at ranking, opposed to a venue.

I'll ask this-----How would tonights win been viewed had it been at Texas? Opposed to NYC?

Beating #2 Texas is great....very good win. I just think winning AT #20 Creighton is more impressive.

It will be a lot of fun. Just glad we’ve gotten the non-conference wins so far to provide a little buffer when we all beat up on each other.
IU needs one of KU/AZ----I doubt we win in AFH. So looks like AZ, in Vegas it is....

Although, UNC and Xavier COULD end up being good/solid wins; I think XU will stay a Q1 win.

I know---I mean good teams never lose at home vs lesser teams....

I mean like in 20-21, when 12th ranked Illinois lost to 6-6, 1-5 Maryland at home. Shit damn near lost at home to Ohio that year as well; 2 FT's by Ayo with 2 seconds left won the game.

C'mon, dude........

Shit IMO Indiana's win @ Xavier is more impressive than there win @ home vs UNC; and this was before UNC's loss at VaTech.

Its tough to win on the road....Neutral sites----not as much.
It’s a fantastic win for Nebraska, feels like it could be a turning point for them.

I can’t think of any signature win under hoiberg

Just gonna be tough with their conference slate to be a tourney team unless they are really about it

It’s a fantastic win for Nebraska, feels like it could be a turning point for them.

I can’t think of any signature win under hoiberg

Just gonna be tough with their conference slate to be a tourney team unless they are really about it
I really like Hoiberg....Would love to see that dude succeed. Very nice person.

I can see them popping an upset here and there----but I just cannot see them sustaining enough consistency to make the NCAAT. B10 is just really good.

I say this and watch, they'll beat us in AH tomorrow......Unfortunately won't be able to watch---Have a HS game....Ugggh.

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
10,000 people in MSG....

7,000 of them Duke assistant coaches...

JFC, Duke----how many you need?

• Haha
Reactions: dmk321il
I admit I was a baseball player and am hardly an Xs and Os expert … but damn, how many Fran teams just seem to trot out there and the gameplan is to outshoot the other team? With good defense, they’d win a lot more games - obviously, lol…
Baseball player myself, bruh----My first love.

And yep----Its like, "We just gonna try to outscore everyone---**** that defense shit."

Purdue fans, who is on your short list of coaches after Brohm ditches you?
You think he bolts for UL? I don't. IMO, Purdue is the better job.

Although,Louisville is the better citry; West laffy is a dumpster fire. Its like one big "West End"..

He’s going to Louisville.
Turned them down once already......I think its a bad move if he does. He can do @ Purdue, basically what he'll do at UL......

I get it he's a hometown kid, etc, etc.....But I mean I just think the Purdue job is better.

Turned them down once already......I think its a bad move if he does. He can do @ Purdue, basically what he'll do at UL......

I get it he's a hometown kid, etc, etc.....But I mean I just think the Purdue job is better.
My guess is that the Purdue fans that post here already know that he is gone.

Reactions: rosehen
You think he bolts for UL? I don't. IMO, Purdue is the better job.

Although,Louisville is the better citry; West laffy is a dumpster fire. Its like one big "West End"..
If Louisville ponies up the money, I think he leaves. They went cheap on him the first time, also didn't pay Satterfield well. We will see if they do pay up. Being in the B1G is better than the ACC, but Louisville is home for him.

I mean, thats cool----You are looking at ranking, opposed to a venue.

I'll ask this-----How would tonights win been viewed had it been at Texas? Opposed to NYC?

Beating #2 Texas is great....very good win. I just think winning AT #20 Creighton is more impressive.
Winning against a top 5 team is better at any venue than beating a top 20 team. You’re going to get the opportunity to play numerous top 20 teams at their place in conference.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Really shows Illinois potential last night. Didn't get to watch but interested in where their floor is.

If Louisville ponies up the money, I think he leaves. They went cheap on him the first time, also didn't pay Satterfield well. We will see if they do pay up. Being in the B1G is better than the ACC, but Louisville is home for him.
Going to be interesting this time, I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay or go.

He will go and most Purdue fans are ok with that fact. He did good things here but the constant flirtation with Louisville will always be there hanging over our heads.
Hearing any replacement names yet?

Really shows Illinois potential last night. Didn't get to watch but interested in where their floor is.
Honestly, for as bad as they looked offensively for spells last night, was impressed with the way they clawed back down the stretch in regulation. They are able to put the clamps on people defensively when needed.

They relied a lot on isolation, hero ball on the perimeter for most of the game - and Mayer's hot shooting helped.

Was really impressed with Jayden Epps' performance. Thought Underwood going with him over Clarke late in the second half was the difference in the game. Also, Harris may not yet be much of an offensive threat, but that dude can guard the heck out of the ball.

Purdue fans, who is on your short list of coaches after Brohm ditches you?
I'd be interested in them going after JaMarcus Shephard. He's got no head coaching experience; but seems like an up-and-comer, was universally respected at Purdue, and next year is going to be a rebuilding season regardless. So there's no* expectations to win-now (or at least there shouldn't be).

Kevin Sumlin's name has been thrown around, but I think that's just due to him being a Purdue guy. Not sure that's much of an exciting hire.

With NIL, the transfer portal, and Purdue's position in the CFB pecking order, I'm more inclined now than ever to support a younger, more recruiting-oriented hire than a more experienced head coaching candidate.

We are way undersized.
It's funny because while that was an issue last year, it wasn't a massive issue................and yet when you look at who we lost:

Jesus Bohannon (short 3 pt shooter, no defense)

Joe Toussaint (quick short guard with limited scoring ability, tenacious defense, but would also play erractic and get in foul trouble)

and Keegan Murray. And that's it........

What size did we lose from last year?

It wasn't like Murray was necessarily a lock down defender inside..........unless certain non-Iowa fans on this board failed to see the value he brought as an undersized defender inside.

But this year's team has zero chance against any taller, physical team that is at least similar in skill set. And if they're much better talent-wise along with being the taller, more physical team, then Iowa will get embarrassed.

Man does Duke have some dudes.......Talent everywhere.
Meh. They were on last night from 3 (who isn't when you play Iowa), but their ranking is about right.

Lots of NBA style ball by them last night, but not as good as I've seen from Duke teams in the past.

Btw, this is what it's like when teams play Iowa. If I stood about 2-3 feet in front of you and just put my hands up and had you shoot 20 threes, let's say you make 7-ish.

.......but if I put an Iowa jersey on and had you do the exact same thing that number would climb to about 15 or 16. That's what it's like watching teams f***ing shoot against Iowa.

I admit I was a baseball player and am hardly an Xs and Os expert … but damn, how many Fran teams just seem to trot out there and the gameplan is to outshoot the other team? With good defense, they’d win a lot more games - obviously, lol…
If their game plan was to outshoot Duke last night, they did a really poor job of getting shots up............

Of course they did also miss a f*** ton of layups and FTs that would've kept the score a little closer.

Quite a few of us have been posting on the homeboard about Brohm leaving since like August or September. He's not really kept it a secret that he was ready to leave.

Home is home, but I wouldn’t leave the Big Ten or SEC as a head coach in any sport right now. The money gap will NOT get smaller.
They're just obsessed with Louisville. His wife moved back there for a while, his brother Greg is our football Director of Football Ops and never even bought/rented a place in WL, hell when I was home last year Jeff still had Kentucky plates lol.

Only the most naïve Purdue fans are surprised by this stuff.

Reactions: BleedinGold
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT