ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Izzo in the presser said players are running out of gas and injuries have killed us.

Man, if only someone had thought to maybe bring in some transfers for this incredibly short bench. Oh wait. The entire fan base was begging him to all off-season.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Izzo in the presser said players are running out of gas and injuries have killed us.

Man, if only someone had thought to maybe bring in some transfers for this incredibly short bench. Oh wait. The entire fan base was begging him to all off-season.

I don’t think Beilein would’ve enjoyed the NIL and Portal era either

I'll type this when it benefits me.... the fact we beat Columbia, Rider, CCSU and Sacred Heart all by 30+ seems to disproportionately benefit us with NET.
Margin of victory is capped at 10 with the NET

Margin of victory is capped at 10 with the NET
It doesn't really matter at this point but given that, it doesn't make sense to me that Houston and UConn are in front of Purdue. We lead them in essentially every category on this page.

TeamConference12/04/2022 ResultNETPrev NETAvg Opp NET RankAvg Opp NETWLConf. RecordNon-Conference RecordRoad WLNET SOSNET NonConf SOSQuadrant 1Quadrant 2Quadrant 3Quadrant 4
Houston
Houston
AAC1931548-00-08-01-01481462-02-00-04-0
UConn
UConn
Big East2651459-00-09-00-01411402-02-01-04-0
Purdue
Purdue
Big TenW3381308-01-07-01-046293-01-01-03-0

We don't even have the best NET Ranking in our State. LOL

I'm trying reallllllll hard to be optimistic about this program but this season has been really depressing so far. Johnson is probably safe even if he only wins a couple conference games due to the recruiting class coming in but damn, he's going to have a lot of pressure next season to vastly improve the results or I don't think he makes it past next year.

It's even harder to swallow when you see a bunch of other coaches with Minnesota ties and who were realistic hires after Pitino got fired, having really good success.

I'm trying reallllllll hard to be optimistic about this program but this season has been really depressing so far. Johnson is probably safe even if he only wins a couple conference games due to the recruiting class coming in but damn, he's going to have a lot of pressure next season to vastly improve the results or I don't think he makes it past next year.

It's even harder to swallow when you see a bunch of other coaches with Minnesota ties and who were realistic hires after Pitino got fired, having really good success.
Who is having success?

I like some of your younger players

Reactions: boiler1987
Smack talking aside, @hawkit3113, this is a huge week for Iowa. They're sitting at 6-1 and the top team receiving votes in the AP poll (i.e., ranked #26), and they have three absolutely huge games coming up this week:

vs. #15 Duke (New York, NY)
vs. #20 Iowa State
vs. Wisconsin

Lose all three, and Iowa is 6-4 (0-1), not close to being ranked and probably looking at a trajectory of an 8-seed or worse in the NCAAs. Win all three, and Iowa is likely ranked at least in the top 15, tied for first in the conference and has a ton of cushion, pretty much playing out the rest of December and January just having to protect home court to maintain a good seed line.

No preference on the third game, but I will certainly be rooting for the Hawks in the first two.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Smack talking aside, @hawkit3113, this is a huge week for Iowa. They're sitting at 6-1 and the top team receiving votes in the AP poll (i.e., ranked #26), and they have three absolutely huge games coming up this week:

vs. #15 Duke (New York, NY)
vs. #20 Iowa State
vs. Wisconsin

Lose all three, and Iowa is 6-4 (0-1), not close to being ranked and probably looking at a trajectory of an 8-seed or worse in the NCAAs. Win all three, and Iowa is likely ranked at least in the top 15, tied for first in the conference and has a ton of cushion, pretty much playing out the rest of December and January just having to protect home court to maintain a good seed line.

No preference on the third game, but I will certainly be rooting for the Hawks in the first two.

The Big 10 could send a huge statement tomorrow with IL and Iowa wins

2022-23 Big Ten Men’s Basketball Players of the Week

Dec. 5
P: Zach Edey, PUR
P: Kris Murray, IOWA
F: Fletcher Loyer, PUR

Nov. 28
P: Zach Edey, Jr., PUR

Nov. 21
P: Terence Shannon Jr., Sr., ILL
F: Braden Smith, PUR

Nov. 14
P: Hunter Dickinson, Jr., MICH
F: Jett Howard, MICH

Reactions: hawkit3113
2022-23 Big Ten Men’s Basketball Players of the Week

Dec. 5
P: Zach Edey, PUR
P: Kris Murray, IOWA

Nov. 28
P: Zach Edey, Jr., PUR

Nov. 21
P: Terence Shannon Jr., Sr., ILL
F: Braden Smith, PUR

Nov. 14
P: Hunter Dickinson, Jr., MICH
F: Jett Howard, MICH

Edey is going to be a nightmare match up for us.

Did I hear correctly that they've only practiced twice since the start of the season?

Does JHS catch Fletcher Loyer in FOY? Loyer already flashing like a peacock with 2.

If you had told me UNC would be out of the AP top 25 but early December and oh, terps are ranked 13 a few weeks ago I would have said you’re a liar

Sensabaugh and Howard have separated from the rest of the pack at the moment.

Everyone else is playing catch up
Agreed. It will be interesting to see who is on the all freshman team. Way too early to declare anyone but those two as likely. A lot of good freshmen this year. I'd wager one of the Purdue guys ends up on it if we continue playing well but no idea which one.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see who is on the all freshman team. Way too early to declare anyone but those two as likely. A lot of good freshmen this year. I'd wager one of the Purdue guys ends up on it if we continue playing well but no idea which one.
Yeah no idea who will make it. First two are locks, but who knows the rest.

Sensabaugh
Howard

Loyer
Smith
Essegian
Reneau
Hood-Schifino
Clark
Epps
Simpson
Thornton
Payne