ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Yes but still. He’s a decent coach. The nerds suck. Will be interesting when the cali schools come aboard.
I actually genuinely think keeping the divisions is better ... you can try to rebalance them somehow, but I would argue a resurgent Illinois, expected improvements from Wisconsin/Nebraska and the addition of USC/UCLA to the West would make it a LOT more even. It's easy to forget this now, but Michigan and OSU fans actually threw a fit back in the day when Legends and Leaders were announced because if they were NOT in the same division, "The Game" would be rendered meaningless some years. And I actually agree with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwardelt
Yes but still. He’s a decent coach. The nerds suck. Will be interesting when the cali schools come aboard.
The nerds have no chance when Illinois is decent, that along with Nebraska getting better under Rhule means they are literally the bottom of the conference by a wide margin.

In basketball it’s even worse, literally no room for upward mobility within the conference

The nerds have no chance when Illinois is decent, that along with Nebraska getting better under Rhule means they are literally the bottom of the conference by a wide margin.

In basketball it’s even worse, literally no room for upward mobility within the conference
Nerds will be nerds. Let them wallow in the bottom with the pig ****ers.

I remember reading on a Northwestern message board during the absolute DEPTH of the miserable Groce years (and right around when they made the Tournament with Collins) that "very soon" NU could become a basketball power due to being near Chicago and having the second coming in Chris Collins and Illinois was doomed to suck because we happened to be physically located in Champaign ... and I literally cannot stand when people make that argument about location. 😂

For one, elite players have been flocking to places like Lawrence, KS and Lexington, KY for decades, while Arizona State and Miami (FL) have largely sucked. Secondly, it doesn't matter if you are located IN a big metro if hardly anyone there grows up feeling an attachment to your school and/or you have few alumni there. NU might be in a Chicago suburb, but Illini fans outnumber them 20-1 in Chicagoland. Vanderbilt might be in Nashville, but look at their home games vs. Tennessee. Anyone here think Georgia Tech enjoys advantages that UGA doesn't because they are physically in Atlanta? 😂

Poor Kitties.

I remember reading on a Northwestern message board during the absolute DEPTH of the miserable Groce years (and right around when they made the Tournament with Collins) that "very soon" NU could become a basketball power due to being near Chicago and having the second coming in Chris Collins and Illinois was doomed to suck because we happened to be physically located in Champaign ... and I literally cannot stand when people make that argument about location. 😂

For one, elite players have been flocking to places like Lawrence, KS and Lexington, KY for decades, while Arizona State and Miami (FL) have largely sucked. Secondly, it doesn't matter if you are located IN a big metro if hardly anyone there grows up feeling an attachment to your school and/or you have few alumni there. NU might be in a Chicago suburb, but Illini fans outnumber them 20-1 in Chicagoland. Vanderbilt might be in Nashville, but look at their home games vs. Tennessee. Anyone here think Georgia Tech enjoys advantages that UGA doesn't because they are physically in Atlanta? 😂

Poor Kitties.
It even less so matters when everyone pillages Chicago, no one school will ever lockdown a city of that size.

Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, etc. are going to pull some players from there even when Illinois is at it’s best.

Northwestern isn’t a draw for those players, just like DePaul. Except they have even less history/tradition to sell.

Only way they become competitive is by getting a big name coach and/or heavily investing in NIL.

Imo, they should go all in on football with the money they have. Basketball is a lost cause at the moment and probably will be for a long ass time

No need for me to kick em.

If they lose tonight, they’ll be on suicide watch forreal😂
giphy.gif

I actually genuinely think keeping the divisions is better ... you can try to rebalance them somehow, but I would argue a resurgent Illinois, expected improvements from Wisconsin/Nebraska and the addition of USC/UCLA to the West would make it a LOT more even. It's easy to forget this now, but Michigan and OSU fans actually threw a fit back in the day when Legends and Leaders were announced because if they were NOT in the same division, "The Game" would be rendered meaningless some years. And I actually agree with that.

Add ucla and usc to the west and move Purdue east and they’d be pretty balanced I think.

Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
Maryland
Rutgers
Indiana

USC
UCLA
Wisconsin
Iowa
Nebraska
Illinois
Minnesota
Northwestern

I just don’t understand how the Michigan spread is only +4.5 vs Virginia. We are going to get water boarded

I just don’t understand how the Michigan spread is only +4.5 vs Virginia. We are going to get water boarded
+3.5 on FD. I was about to hit it hard, but it seemed so obvious that I must have been missing something. This is similar to 85%+ of betting public backing Ravens couple days ago. Sometimes you have to stay away.

Think it’s a matchup thing for me not wanting to bet it.

-Virginia good at turning people over, UM been really good at taking care of the ball so far.

-Michigan been piss poor rebounding the ball, not necessarily a strength of Virginia’s.

-Virginia good at getting to foul line, UM has been good about not fouling.

-UM due for some positive 3 point regression here sometime.

-Virginia probably not going to continue to shoot 45% from three.

Add in Virginia’s slow as hell pace that makes it tougher to truly blow teams out of the water like crazy & I get it.

Now they may still kill UM tonight on the road but I wouldn’t touch it.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Does Skyy Clark’s hair not fvck with his vision out there? Can’t believe he doesn’t have it tied back or a headband. That would seriously fvck with me.

Does Skyy Clark’s hair not fvck with his vision out there? Can’t believe he doesn’t have it tied back or a headband. That would seriously fvck with me.
His ain’t even bad compared to Anthony Black on Arkansas, that kid is literally playing blind lol

Finally getting to watch some Illinois tonight.

The lighting in the State Farm Center is just intimidating in itself. Really good atmosphere in there.
Not the best game to catch us, this shit ugly right now.

Gotta hope we can get better looks at the rim, right now it’s just chucking from 3 and lot of hoping.

We’re as cold as can be, and we’re still going to break 43.

Not the best game to catch us, this shit ugly right now.

Gotta hope we can get better looks at the rim, right now it’s just chucking from 3 and lot of hoping.
Up 7 at half ain’t bad. Syracuse’s zone is funky, and you guys look great defensively.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
His ain’t even bad compared to Anthony Black on Arkansas, that kid is literally playing blind lol
Both seem like they would be a hindrance lol maybe that’s just my “I’m getting old” take that I even noticed

Up 7 at half ain’t bad. Syracuse’s zone is funky, and you guys look great defensively.
Yeah, I think this is the first ‘Cuse game I’ve watched in years … they’re bad, but we’re young, and it definitely took us a while to adjust to the zone. We can pull away if we find our shot.

This Syracuse team isn’t good at all, which is why the last part is possible.

Gotta start getting better looks at the rim and stop settling from deep

ADVERTISEMENT