ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Purdue makes the Big Ten championship game, beats Gonzaga and Duke, and now you can post. Convenient!
lol

I was admittedly jonesing for bball content yesterday while my flight - which coincided with the Duke tip off - didn't have functioning in-flight live TV and the wifi wasn't strong enough to get a stream working. So I swung by here and noticed that folks had added some tips to your thread.

Edey is absurd.

YU8Oy7y.png

Yep. Doesn't stop him from liking or laughing at posts on the B1G threads tho. I thoroughly enjoy that he clearly wants to comment sometimes so bad but cannot.

I figure if IU is doing well as we get into B1G play, he will create a new account and post under it. But much like with this account, it will probably only take us a few days to figure out its him.

Not sure what to expect out of tonight’s games (Pitt-NW and Minn-VT) but I could see the B1G going 5-1 on Tuesday. Lone loss being Michigan against Virginia.

Purdue looks to be the only forsure win on Wednesday. Michigan St would’ve been the second but with injuries, it might be closer than expected against Notre Dame.

Reactions: MGC_07
D1 experience ranks (per KenPom..weighted by playing time):

1 Penn State (crazy that a B1G team is the most experienced in the nation)
14 Maryland
56 OSU
60 NW
73 IU
121 Nebraska
130 MSU
162 Iowa
207 Minnesota
222 Rutgers
228 Wisky
254 Michigan
289 Purdue
309 Illinois

Reactions: bMORE607
Holy **** how are we receiving votes? We are bad. This is how you know voters don’t follow games.

Also Purdue would be #1 in any blind resume competition.
There are a couple of really head scratching rankings this week. I knew there would be because, as you say, people just don't pay attention.

Stephen Tsai has Duke 2, UNC 3, Gonzaga 7 ad Purdue 10
Michelle Gardner has Gonzaga 9, Duke 11 and Purdue 12
Jerry Dipaola has UNC 5, Gonzaga 6, Duke 14 and Purdue 17

Thank God what these clueless shits do doesn't really matter.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Purdue B1G/ACC Challenge opponents (including this year):

Florida State 4 times (including 3 of the last 5)
NC State 3 times
Virginia 3 times
Clemson 3 times
Miami 2 times
Louisville 2 times
Duke 1 time
Wake Forest 1 time
Va Tech 1 time
BC 1 time
Pitt 1 time
UNC 0 times
Syracuse 0 times
Georgia Tech 0 times
Notre Dame 0 times (tho this is because of the Indy event we did with them, IU and Butler)

NC State 3 times
Virginia 3 times
Clemson 3 times
Miami 2 times
Louisville 2 times
Duke 1 time
Wake Forest 1 time
Va Tech 1 time
BC 1 time
Pitt 1 time
UNC 0 times
Syracuse 0 times
Georgia Tech 0 times
Notre Dame 0 times (tho this is because of the Indy event we did with them, IU and Butler)
MSU opponents:
Duke 5 times
UNC 5 times
Louisville 3 times
Virginia 3 times
Notre Dame 3 times
NC State 1 time
Miami 1 time
FSU- 1 time
BC- 1 time
GT- 1 time
Clemson-0
Virginia Tech- 0
Wake Forest- 0
Pitt- 0
Syracuse- 0

All of the forced UNC and Duke matchups are wild considering the volume of times we see them already in March, Champions Classic, all the various tournaments, etc. Almost assured to see one, or both, of them every season in some capacity.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Surely Chris Collins can’t continue to live off of one NCAA tournament berth, can he?

NC State 3 times
Virginia 3 times
Clemson 3 times
Miami 2 times
Louisville 2 times
Duke 1 time
Wake Forest 1 time
Va Tech 1 time
BC 1 time
Pitt 1 time
UNC 0 times
Syracuse 0 times
Georgia Tech 0 times

This is the third time we've played @ Miami in this "event". Glad it's over; although I'm sure my team doesn't hate a trip to Miami in late November. We only started playing in 2014-15 season.

Miami 3 times (all @Miami)
Clemson 2 times
Wake, FSU, Cuse and Pitt all once

Idk if I can physically put myself thru staying up till a 9:30 Tuesday night tip to watch this UM team play UVA right now. 😅

Reactions: MGC_07
Surely Chris Collins can’t continue to live off of one NCAA tournament berth, can he?

I’ve got like a 6 pager on the home board trolling people about Pat Fitzgerald and half the home boarders seem to think his seat isn’t hot either. He had a good run at NW but greatly benefitted from the division split and is riding “two time west champs” hard. It’ll be interesting to see how many 1 to 3 win seasons that buys him.

I’ve got like a 6 pager on the home board trolling people about Pat Fitzgerald and half the home boarders seem to think his seat isn’t hot either. He had a good run at NW but greatly benefitted from the division split and is riding “two time west champs” hard. It’ll be interesting to see how many 1 to 3 win seasons that buys him.
Transfer portal/NIL is going to kill programs like Northwestern.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
Northwestern has also benefited immensely from an almost unbelievably bad (to the point where you just have to laugh) Illinois program over the last three decades. Sure, Michigan/Notre Dame/Wisconsin/Iowa/etc. are going to have their pick of the litter of our instate talent when we suck, but we have to REALLY suck and have some bonehead coaches in charge to consistently be out-recruited by Northwestern ... and we have been.

If Bielema stays at Illinois and keep us winning 6 games more often than not (I'm biased, but I think both will happen), I think you will just continue to see Northwestern decline. Their sports should really mirror Vanderbilt, they have been extremely fortunate in football the past few decades and (as you mentioned) they have indeed benefited from a relatively weak West (or at least lacking an elite team most years), but I think their time is coming to an end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT