ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Yeah, seems like they’ve had a really good week, obviously barely lost to us and UNC and did beat Nova, but tough given their conference.
Seems like everybody is beating Nova this season so far- more missing Whitmore & Moore or Wright?

6 teams in the WCC? Dang, that’s going to be a meat grinder. Who are the 6?
Not 6 that will make the tourney, just that are as good or better than Portland. Gonzaga, St Mary’s, BYU, and San Fran are all clearly better. Santa Clara and LMU would be the other teams. But honestly, the bottom of the WCC isn’t bad either, it’s just a really solid league these days.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Not 6 that will make the tourney, just that are as good or better than Portland. Gonzaga, St Mary’s, BYU, and San Fran are all clearly better. Santa Clara and LMU would be the other teams. But honestly, the bottom of the WCC isn’t bad either, it’s just a really solid league these days.

Which is what gets me when people trash Gonzaga. The WCC isn’t that bad and Gonzaga usually schedules a solid non conference.

Which is what gets me when people trash Gonzaga. The WCC isn’t that bad and Gonzaga usually schedules a solid non conference.
Fully agree with you here. That argument had more credence 5+ years ago, but the league is way better than it once was (in large part due to Gonzaga lifting the stature of the league). Also, like you said, Gonzaga’s noncon is consistently difficult and I fully expect it to be that way for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately, I could see the conference realignment wrecking the league in the next five years. They’re already losing BYU to the big 12 next year, and if the pac 12 loses anymore schools, they’re going to heavily pressure Gonzaga to join the league. And the big 12 has already been flirting with Gonzaga as well. Only a matter of time

Fully agree with you here. That argument had more credence 5+ years ago, but the league is way better than it once was (in large part due to Gonzaga lifting the stature of the league). Also, like you said, Gonzaga’s noncon is consistently difficult and I fully expect it to be that way for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately, I could see the conference realignment wrecking the league in the next five years. They’re already losing BYU to the big 12 next year, and if the pac 12 loses anymore schools, they’re going to heavily pressure Gonzaga to join the league. And the big 12 has already been flirting with Gonzaga as well. Only a matter of time
That’s fine. I just get annoyed when Texas is all of a sudden a top 2 team for beating Gonzaga, but Purdue gets no credit. They have beaten no one else worth sht. Now that we’ve also kicked the sht out of of Duke, maybe we’ll get some credit.

That’s fine. I just get annoyed when Texas is all of a sudden a top 2 team for beating Gonzaga, but Purdue gets no credit. They have beaten no one else worth sht. Now that we’ve also kicked the sht out of of Duke, maybe we’ll get some credit.
Oh quit being a baby, national cbb media is fawning all over purdue right now (rightfully so, they should be). Also, purdue just beat Gonzaga on Friday night of a holiday weekend, it’s not as if there’s been a ton of time. The cbs eye on cbb pod hasn’t had a release since they’ve played Gonzaga but I guarantee they start with purdue.

Even if Gonzaga is down from what they’ve been the last half decade, they’re still a really good team. Texas should get credence for beating them the way they did. And purdue will also.

Who's not giving Purdue no credit for beating Gonzaga in basically an away game?

Was it fun compiling all of those tweets? 😁
No, but it was the easiest way to call out the dumb ass sentiment from the previous post. Also, fwiw, I never mind when purdue is good when IU also looks to be good. It would be a lot worse seeing that if IU was still a middling to bad team. It’ll make the series more fun this year if both teams are competing at the top of the league

Good time for a KenPom update:

6 Purdue

11 IU

19 OSU
22 Illinois
23 Iowa
24 Maryland

30 MSU
33 PSU
36 Rutgers

40 Wisky

47 NW

53 Michigan

111 Nebraska

154 Minnehaha

Reactions: bMORE607
Good time for a KenPom update:

6 Purdue

11 IU

19 OSU
22 Illinois
23 Iowa
24 Maryland

30 MSU
33 PSU
36 Rutgers

40 Wisky

47 NW

53 Michigan

111 Nebraska

154 Minnehaha
I know its early----But damn-----11 Top 50 teams.....7 in Top 30.

Reactions: bMORE607
This....Its why I have always defended Gonzaga. Anyone who tihnks they couldn't compete in the B10, ACC, SEC, etc.....is fuking stupid. They are like 27-15 vs AP Top 25 since 2016. And as you pointed out, their OOC schedule is usually very solid.

Now this year? I still think they are going to be good come march. But right now they are not the GU of old; past 6 or so years.

This....Its why I have always defended Gonzaga. Anyone who tihnks they couldn't compete in the B10, ACC, SEC, etc.....is fuking stupid. They are like 27-15 vs AP Top 25 since 2016. And as you pointed out, their OOC schedule is usually very solid.

Now this year? I still think they are going to be good come march. But right now they are not the GU of old; past 6 or so years.

A home boarder said something the other day like “I hate Gonzaga because they play an easy schedule get a good seed and always seem to lose before the second weekend of the tournament”.

They haven’t missed the seconded weekend since like 2014 or something and have played for two national championships in that span. Just a clown comment.

A home boarder said something the other day like “I hate Gonzaga because they play an easy schedule get a good seed and always seem to lose before the second weekend of the tournament”.

They haven’t missed the seconded weekend since like 2014 or something and have played for two national championships in that span. Just a clown comment.
Comments like his reveal ignorance...

GU has been to 4 SW 16's as a 10-seed or worse.

7 straight SW 16's. Have not lost in 1st round since 2008. And that is with being an 8 seed or worse 4 times...

I think the easiest (and most prudent) way to attack Gonzaga’s program moving forward is that they’ll lose a step in recruiting, especially international recruiting, with Tommy Lloyd gone. While I do think that’s a pretty sizable issue, I’m guessing few just goes all in on getting 1-2 marquee transfers every year

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Comments like his reveal ignorance...

GU has been to 4 SW 16's as a 10-seed or worse.

7 straight SW 16's. Have not lost in 1st round since 2008. And that is with being an 8 seed or worse 4 times...

What years did they make the S16 as a 10 seed or worse for my knowledge next time

What years did they make the S16 as a 10 seed or worse for my knowledge next time
1999- 10 seed lost to 1 seed UConn, 67-62
2000- 10 seed lost to 6 Seed Purdue, 75-66
2001--12 seed lost to 1 seed MSU,77-62
2016--11 seed lost to 10 seed Syracuse, 63-60

17 of their 22 NCAAT appearances under Few, GU has played to their seed, or better.

Lost in the boatracing on Saturday was this call. They called this down by forward progress 😂. Replay showed a clear fumble and recovery by Michigan but forward progress is not reviewable.

Somehow when Travis Miller took over the Purdue Rivals site on 11/1, my account got messed with and I couldn't post here. Thanks to @hailtoyourvictor @Jaycg15 and @lurkeraspect84 in the Mods thread for helping me get this fixed.

If anyone (like @pig1960 ) is having the same problem where you randomly have "insufficient privileges" and are unable to post here, just email these guys and they can fix.

Jantydog - llongstow@gmail.com
MelbBamaFan - MelbBamaFan@hotmail.com
DuckDude73
- TheDuckDude73@gmail.com
Sublight - sublightmod@gmail.com
Gus Plus - guspluslhb@gmail.com

@B-Westy and @roadblock19 try this.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT