ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

I think UW is outbumbered by Rutgers fans here at this point 😂
As an Illini football fan in Chicago - I have seen us FLOOD out of the wood work! - I’ll go ahead and guess there are plenty of Rutgers fans. It’s just hard to notice when a team has nothing to cheer for (although their hoops has strung together a couple pretty good years). Takes a while to change people’s habits once you get better, too.

Well, now I feel better.

"The Big Ten Conference has reviewed the officiating from The Ohio State University (OSU) and Rutgers University (Rutgers) men’s basketball game on December 9, 2022, at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio.

During regulation play, an OSU student-athlete passed the ball to a teammate who had drifted out of bounds and returned to the court to complete the game-winning shot. The action of stepping out of bounds and being the first player to touch the ball after returning inbounds consisted a violation of NCAA Rule 9, Section 3, Article 1. The play should have been stopped and the ball ruled dead."

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...ial-finish-to-rutgers-loss-to-ohio-state.html

Put all your money on Nebraska today. Courtney Green is on the call. In the last 17 Purdue games he has worked (over nearly 3 years), Purdue is 3-14 straight up and 1-16 against the spread (which should be close to even). That is more than just a statistical anomaly.

Well, now I feel better.

"The Big Ten Conference has reviewed the officiating from The Ohio State University (OSU) and Rutgers University (Rutgers) men’s basketball game on December 9, 2022, at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio.

During regulation play, an OSU student-athlete passed the ball to a teammate who had drifted out of bounds and returned to the court to complete the game-winning shot. The action of stepping out of bounds and being the first player to touch the ball after returning inbounds consisted a violation of NCAA Rule 9, Section 3, Article 1. The play should have been stopped and the ball ruled dead."

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...ial-finish-to-rutgers-loss-to-ohio-state.html

Meh, probably should’ve been a foul on the hip checking that happened before the shot.

Yeah, shit effort combined with PSU shooting out of their minds. Sucks to be 0-2 in the Big Ten, but maybe there is a silver lining in these young guys to get a slice of humble pie after beating #2.

Can’t “show up” and beat anybody in this league.
This loss isn’t on the young guys.

Melendez, Shannon, and Hawkins usually combine for 38 ppg. Today they have 15 between the 3…

Add in Penn St’s shooting and this is the result.

This loss isn’t on the young guys.

Melendez, Shannon, and Hawkins usually combine for 38 ppg. Today they have 15 between the 3…

Add in Penn St’s shooting and this is the result.
I’m not really saying it is, just saying we are a young team overall and even our older guys are almost all new. Plenty of lessons left to learn as a group.

Nicely done psu. Illinois’ offense in the half court needs work.

I like IU over Arizona. Those bigs arent gonna easily outrun TJD/Race and I don’t think their guards are that good.

0-B576299-1-CA1-47-EE-811-E-781-A40424-C50.jpg

I like IU over Arizona. Those bigs arent gonna easily outrun TJD/Race and I don’t think their guards are that good.
I think it’s largely dependent on if JHS plays or not. It’s going to be a fast paced game, and I don’t know if I love the idea of XJ being the primary ball handler in a game like that right now. Outside of the Xavier game, he’s been pretty wild recently.

Also, I’ll probably regret saying this later, but this feels like Tamar Bates coming out party. His shot is finally starting come along and he had a great game against nebraska.

Illinois’ offense and defense*

ADVERTISEMENT