ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Shooting 17 more fts will do that.
Yeah, Maryland is 2nd in the B1G at drawing fouls. And you have some guys that just can't help themselves but to commit fouls. Reneau's 7.4 fouls per 40 is ludicrously high.

BTW, I was just looking at that and realized that TJD actually commits less fouls per 40 than Edey. That's interesting.

Reactions: pig1960
It's hilarious to me that the Orange Krush thought this was a good idea.

Total scumbags that know nothing about winning. That's what makes them do bad.

Iowa is not some Big 10 blue blood in football or basketball, but we have won enough to know how to act.

Teams/schools that have little success, tend to act the worst

Iowa is not some Big 10 blue blood in football or basketball, but we have won enough to know how to act.

macho-man-flying-elbow-drop.gif

Pretty interesting stats on Purdue's 3 pt shooting this year.

Overall: 33.9% on ~22 attempts/game
In 2023: 39% on 20 attempts/game
In conference play: 37.4% on ~22 attempts/game (12 games)
In Q1 games: 38.8% on ~21 attempts/game (8 games)
In Q3+Q4 games: 30% on ~ 23 attempts/game (10 games)

So essentially we dragged our overall numbers down against our worst opponents.

Pretty interesting stats on Purdue's 3 pt shooting this year.

Overall: 33.9% on ~22 attempts/game
In 2023: 39% on 20 attempts/game
In conference play: 37.4% on ~22 attempts/game (12 games)
In Q1 games: 38.8% on ~21 attempts/game (8 games)
In Q3+Q4 games: 30% on ~ 23 attempts/game (10 games)

So essentially we dragged our overall numbers down against our worst opponents.
Saint Peter Puffers all over again.

The spin from Illinois fans has been so odd to watch. If you want to attempt purchasing the tickets under a fake name, fine. You don't use a legitimate nonprofit organization and pretend the tickets are going to underprivileged kids. And you definitely don't tweet some long sob story about it trying to make Iowa look like the bad guys without a single mention of this detail.

Iowa handled it about as perfect as possible, which is rare for their PR team.
Illini Pride has literally built elementary schools for underprivileged kids. You guys are latching onto someone using a fake name as if it's harming anyone. It had zero impact on any organization in any way prior to Iowa cancelling the tickets.

Last edited:
Then why Fvcking do it?
“Hello. My name is {x} calling on behalf of the charitable University of Illinois student group called the Orange Krush. I am looking to procure 200 tickets for the February game to watch Illinois play Iowa.”

How would that go over? Billy Ray Hickweed would get so triggered hearing “Orange Krush” he’d never process that order, not even if Orange Krush tried to bribe him with a two year supply of Spam and Skoal Bandits.

Last edited:
Nobody is saying the Orange Krush was being malevolent or trying to commit fraud. But you can't come out and make a big deal that Iowa denied you tickets. Only to have Iowa come out and say yea because you purchased them under the guise of being for the boy and girls club and not the student section.
You won't get any disagreement from me that putting that organization down was incredibly dumb, haha. When they invaded Michigan a few years ago, they put down that they were like some junior high school group from Detroit ... a lot better optics, lol.

Is the middle sentence a joke? We have won a lot more in basketball than you guys historically AND in the recent past, lol. Hell, if you keep that caveman on as your OC, the gap in football will close real soon, too! 😂

Last edited:
To be fair, that was more dumb/short-sighted than malevolent. The actual name they used does not exist, as I understand it, but it’s unfortunately close to the real charity in Iowa. As for being secretive … didn’t Iowa just prove why that’s a necessity? They would not have sold the 200 tickets to “the Orange Krush.”
So?

Why not keep your riff raff fans out of our arena?

Is that not what a home court advantage is suppose to be? :cool:

Don't get mad because Iowa is finishing the game you started..........

Reactions: hawkit3113
The spin from Illinois fans has been so odd to watch. If you want to attempt purchasing the tickets under a fake name, fine. You don't use a legitimate nonprofit organization and pretend the tickets are going to underprivileged kids. And you definitely don't tweet some long sob story about it trying to make Iowa look like the bad guys without a single mention of this detail.

Iowa handled it about as perfect as possible, which is rare for their PR team.
The college kids this is affecting are definitely not dealing with this in the most "adult" manner possible...........not that we would ever expect that from students of the University of Illinois. :cool:

“Hello. My name is {x} calling on behalf of the charitable University of Illinois student group called the Orange Krush. I am looking to procure 200 tickets for the February game to watch Illinois play Iowa.”

How would that go over? Billy Ray Hickweed would get so triggered hearing “Orange Krush” he’d never process that order, not even if Orange Krush tried to bribe him with a two year supply of Spam and Skoal Bandits.
Good.

Iowa has no legal obligation to let opposing fanbases raid their venues, and it is only made easier when said fanbases try to purchase tickets under false pretenses.

In no way is this a bad look for us. You got caught and your fans won't be able to go to Carver in bulk and act like a**holes cheering for your team.

Sucks to suck. Deal with it. :D

Remember last year when Texas just stopped selling tickets because Texas Tech fans were gonna buy them up? That was actually lame by the home team's ticket office.

This situation does not make Iowa look bad.

Reactions: bMORE607
My only issue with all of this is Iowa making it seem as if the Krush received a discount by purchasing under the false name. That's some bush league misrepresentation, but what is Iowa if not bush league? I guess it's right on par.
It's obviously complete BS, but at the end of the day ... a bunch of college kids took on the PR arm for a major Big Ten athletic department and they didn't think this would happen, given the facts?? As much of a tool as he can be, I actually liked Conner McCaffrey's tweet about it, haha ... I'm more than ready to let this dumb story evaporate and for the actual rivalry itself and huge standings implications of the game for both teams to resume center stage.

Reactions: all4theillini
It's obviously complete BS, but at the end of the day ... a bunch of college kids took on the PR arm for a major Big Ten athletic department and they didn't think this would happen, given the facts?? As much of a tool as he can be, I actually liked Conner McCaffrey's tweet about it, haha ... I'm more than ready to let this dumb story evaporate and for the actual rivalry itself and huge standings implications of the game for both teams to resume center stage.
I just wish Damonte was still around for this one.

Could have said, signed, The Duggers.

Honestly I think we're all mediocre as fvck outside of Purdue. Just a bad year of basketball.
As a group? I guess, since we are literally all huddled in that sweet, juicy, fat part of the curve. Lol. However, I think this is an overblown sentiment. People ALWAYS say college basketball is down, and I think we are overstating that. I think PU is legitimately good (they're ranked #1 for God's sake), and look at how many Big Ten teams almost took them down. Obviously PU won the games and were the better team in each instance, my point is just that there are teams in this league who can compete with them. Additionally, the Big Ten fared as well as any other conference in non-conference play, so it's kind of harsh to judge our entire league because we have enough decent teams to make it hell every night.

I don't think we are a great league this year, but I think our own fans have PTSD or something and are overstating it. We'll have to get the March Madness monkey off our back this year, but I think we are as good as any league not named the Big XII and probably better than mediocre. JMO, though.

As a group? I guess, since we are literally all huddled in that sweet, juicy, fat part of the curve. Lol. However, I think this is an overblown sentiment. People ALWAYS say college basketball is down, and I think we are overstating that. I think PU is legitimately good (they're ranked #1 for God's sake), and look at how many Big Ten teams almost took them down. Obviously PU won the games and were the better team in each instance, my point is just that there are teams in this league who can compete with them. Additionally, the Big Ten fared as well as any other conference in non-conference play, so it's kind of harsh to judge our entire league because we have enough decent teams to make it hell every night.

I don't think we are a great league this year, but I think our own fans have PTSD or something and are overstating it. We'll have to get the March Madness monkey off our back this year, but I think we are as good as any league not named the Big XII and probably better than mediocre. JMO, though.
It’s a bad year of college basketball in general, not just the big ten. Draft analysts have been talking about how poor this draft class is outside the top few prospects, who largely aren’t in college right now anyways.

I agree with the sentiment that a lot of teams huddled around each other doesn’t necessarily indicate a down year for CBB, but I also think there aren’t many truly elite teams this year

"Iowa is one of the schools that wouldn't sell to the orange Krush which is understandable". So they use a fake name, Iowa finds out and voids the tickets and they're still complaint?
They’re not vocalizing it well, but I think their complaint is entirely based on the close proximity to the game that the tickets were voided

ADVERTISEMENT