ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Wasn’t he a borderline 5*? Seems pretty disappointing for a guy with that high of a ranking tbh.
Yep.....

I know he had some "growing pains", some issues. Then had a kid, etc...

Still.

You play like a 5* every 4th or 5th game. Seems to me you could do that a tad more often. IMO, its a motor thing. He is Bracey Wright 2.0-----Well, I wish. But thing is, if Wright missed eatly, it was ugly. Seems when he is off, he just shuts down.

Dunno.

Disappointing loss to an "ok" Maryland team. Sort of lets ya know where IU is, and stands as a program TBH....We'll have good moments, i.e. 5 game win streak---Then go out and lose by 11 to a team that couldn't hit the ocean from a boat. Destroyed off the dribble. Yet no adjustment, i.e. A FUKIN ZONE maybe? Switch it up?

Oh, well....Hopefully this was our clunker. Play like this Sat, and you guys will embarrass us.

Reactions: boiler1987
Bates, JHS and Kopp were no shows. So why did Gunn not play at all?

Bates, JHS and Kopp were no shows. So why did Gunn not play at all?
Or Banks....

Thats a question better suited for Mike.

Or, why no adjustment? Maryland doubled TJD hard on the post...

OK---How about this...

Put TJD in some ball action? PNR maybe? OR----Get him the ball is space, where its harder to double.

Or...........Just keep doing the same shit......

Defensively? Yikes.

Hey Mike----maybe a zone? We are getting smashed off the bounce. Maybe throw a little zone---a wrinkle---try to get them out of rhythm? Maybe force them to shoot-----ya know, a team that shot 22% tonight?

Naaaah------Just keep doing the same shit.

Frustrating

Maryland is making things insanely tough on opposing PGs recently:

- JHS with 1 pt on 0-8 and 4 TOs
- dunno who Nebraska’s PG but none of their guards did shit
- Hepburn with 3 pts
- Braden Smith with no made field goals (still put up 8 pts on free throws)
- Dug McDaniel 4 pts on 2/10 shooting
They speed you up....That is relly all they do. Pressure you, get you out of rhythm. If you are patient, which you need to be, things open up for you.

JHS was "fast" all night. Shots rushed, off balanced. Even when open. Gets in your head. Just need to slow down, and play to your pace.

With NW loss, I'd say that pretty much settles things for Purdue......

While as a Purdue fan, I find this entertaining, I don’t think it’s a good look for the official Twitter account.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Fn3SMB-aMAMs2Uq

lol Underwood just left his team in the locker room. Must have been seriously pissed at their first half performance. To steal a line from Coach K, "I hate your f**king faces!"

• Haha
Reactions: bMORE607
Was disappointed we didn't get that level of a meltdown when I saw the FT disparity.
I can't blame the refs we foul a lot and the fans always have batteries on stand by. I wish they would have hit a few IU players to wake them up.

I can't blame the refs we foul a lot and the fans always have batteries on stand by. I wish they would have hit a few IU players to wake them up.
Galloway and Reneau specifically need to chill the fück out with fouling drivers. Hell, throw bates in that group as well. Galloways the weird one because he seems to have pretty decent defensive instincts and then he just goes a step too far. It’s infuriating

All that being said, I still don’t expect to get worked on Saturday. Purdue is clearly better, but we have enough evidence of this IU team’s Jekyll and Hyde nature when it comes to home and road games.

However, there’s an alarming amount of tape out there now that you can stifle what’s been a pretty good offensive team this year by simply applying a token press and then switching up half court defenses multiple times a game. Any team that doesn’t do that is making a mistake. It doesn’t even have to be a good zone, if you go zone it’s going to take IU way longer than it should to figure out how to beat it

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
However, there’s an alarming amount of tape out there now that you can stifle what’s been a pretty good offensive team this year by simply applying a token press and then switching up half court defenses multiple times a game. Any team that doesn’t do that is making a mistake. It doesn’t even have to be a good zone, if you go zone it’s going to take IU way longer than it should to figure out how to beat it
Purdue is never gonna do those things, so you got that going for you.

Think both sides wary of the good old fashioned trap game
Eh, it's rivalry week, going to need some more trash talking from both sides. We're not the players and both teams are good enough to win, should make it more interesting!

Ha! Always can ask Kentucky fans about IU fans “best behavior “😛

They just mad cause we bang their women. Ask @IUfanBorden.

This reminded me of a hilarious thing I read by IUfanBorden a while back that made me laugh. It was in reference to the Kirby Smart pregame speech that fired up his team haha.

11;35 PM here....relaxing on the couch. Wife is sleeping. Listened to this...Ran into the fukin bedroom---"Are you ready for this shit I am about to give....ARE YOU!!!----ARE YOU ****ING READY???

Wife: "Did you forget to take your meds"?

So me, **** it----headed to work---8 fukin hours early----IM READY TO POUR SOME FUKIN MARBLE!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!

God damn that shit was REAL...

images

A perfect encapsulation of this Illinois team. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that group loses in the Round of 64 or is in the Elite 8.
Agree. They are in love with the 3 and have gone ice cold recently. They can beat and lose to anyone.

Why are they taking so long to review this? Clearly hit the rim and nothing else is reviewable.

Eh, it's rivalry week, going to need some more trash talking from both sides. We're not the players and both teams are good enough to win, should make it more interesting!
I think both fans bases are a little, I dunno----shy, leery? This game could get ugly for Indiana,

OR....

COuld be THAT game where JHS, Bates and Kopp all decide to shoot well from three, at the same time.

I dunno.

Would be nice to get both Geronimo and X back for Saturday....

ADVERTISEMENT