ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

People will go after Izzo for criticizing the officials, but he’s dead on. Edey is allowed to do whatever he wants to establish and hold position, along with his elbow rip-through move.
More whining from you guys? You realize when he’s establishing/holding position that more often than not he’s being held, pushed, grabbed, hacked? What’s he supposed to do when that happens to him?

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
More whining from you guys? You realize when he’s establishing/holding position that more often than not he’s being held, pushed, grabbed, hacked? What’s he supposed to do when that happens to him?
I don’t know it it’s whining exactly. For example , some Purdue fans again were complaining about the refs last week , and you won the game !

People will go after Izzo for criticizing the officials, but he’s dead on. Edey is allowed to do whatever he wants to establish and hold position, along with his elbow rip-through move.
I think he’s no more physical than guys are allowed to be physical with him. He adjusts to how the game is called. In B1G play, it’s crazy how much refs swallow their whistles both ways.

I'll happily concede Edey has been allowed to get physical eatablishing position and the rip-through/chicken-wing move is 50/50 most times.

But officials allow defenders to hack the shit out of him when he gets into his move.

It's my greatest fear about this team in March: drawing a crew who has no idea how to officiate Edey and who dings him for two quick ones that haven't been called all conference season.

I'll happily concede Edey has been allowed to get physical eatablishing position and the rip-through/chicken-wing move is 50/50 most times.

But officials allow defenders to hack the shit out of him when he gets into his move.

It's my greatest fear about this team in March: drawing a crew who has no idea how to officiate Edey and who dings him for two quick ones that haven't been called all conference season.
Very valid post about March Madness- Edey goes out with two early fouls potentially , can the rest of the team stay afloat without him...

Reactions: hawkit3113

You know that’s gonna happen.

Reactions: IUBtown
I don’t know it it’s whining exactly. For example , some Purdue fans again were complaining about the refs last week , and you won the game !
They did the same thing after winning in East Lansing too. This is the peak of their season each year, they go oddly quiet in March. The definition of a fraud program.

They have a bizarre infatuation with Izzo, and a bunch of them who still post here are guilty of saying some psychotic shit about Izzo in the past.

They did the same thing after winning in East Lansing too. This is the peak of their season each year, they go oddly quiet in March. The definition of a fraud program.

They have a bizarre infatuation with Izzo, and a bunch of them who still post here are guilty of saying some psychotic shit about Izzo in the past.
Your tears are a little salty.

“They have a bizarre infatuation with izzo” he posts 3 times a day.
giphy.gif

Reactions: boilerzz

Today was nothing more than an easy Q2 win on an overmatched opponent whose coach is more impactful at the podium than on the court.

Nothing new has been going on for years.
y'all trot out turnover machine and FT clanker AJ Hoggard, tiny Tyson Walker, timid Akins, soft as baby shit Hauser (Furst ate his lunch today), and zero offensive threat Mady Sissoko and you blame officiating? That's the worst starting 5 in 20 years of MSU basketball. zero toughness. and average at best skill.

The script was spot on today. Just doing my part.
You know most of this started from Izzo once again whining in his post game presser right? As a whole, we didn’t get y’all much grief about what actually happened on the court. Could’ve been a lot worse from us but it was fairly tame. Not our fault y’all got butthurt about the officiating.

He ain't wrong on the 3 seconds----But its not just Edey. Its a rule they might as well get rid of---Its never called. Guys like Edey are tough enough---but when you allow them to camp for 5-6 seconds----nope.

Wanna clean up post play? Call 3 seconds.
I'm sure I'll get called a homer, but I feel like Edey is as good at working in and out of the lane to reset the three-count as any big Purdue has had in the past decade.

Undoubtedly, there's a few possessions each game he could get called for it. But he's not "camping" anywhere.

What’s worse? The psychotic shit we’ve said about Izzo or all of the shit that’s gone on at MSU during his tenure?

What does it say about MSU if our “fraud” program has owned you in recent years?

You know most of this started from Izzo once again whining in his post game presser right? As a whole, we didn’t get y’all much grief about what actually happened on the court. Could’ve been a lot worse from us but it was fairly tame. Not our fault y’all got butthurt about the officiating.
No...this started years ago.

I'm sure I'll get called a homer, but I feel like Edey is as good at working in and out of the lane to reset the three-count as any big Purdue has had in the past decade.

Undoubtedly, there's a few possessions each game he could get called for it. But he's not "camping" anywhere.
He camps----as does TJD.....As does Oscar.....As does Ballo....As does any big. And why would you not? It rarely, if ever, gets called. I've watched games where Edey has been in the lane for 5, 6 seconds....Same with TJD...

Now one thing is, a lot officials don't really bother with it, IF they don't feel the player in the lane is trying to get position, move for position, trying to score, etc....I get that. And understand it.

BUT----when a dude catches the ball on one box----passes out----re-post, takes two dribbles, then goes up for his shot, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........And that happens A LOT.

ADVERTISEMENT