ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to look at their numbers on the season? 1 good game against a shitty defense doesn’t make them good. RP going off against a shitty defense doesn’t make him good either.
Yep. IT is shooting 43% from three (including 50% against KenPom tier A opponents) and Hunter is shooting 37% (including 43% against KenPom tier A opponents). Pretty solid.

They'e each played like shit in a couple of games...similar to about every other PG in the country.

Dickinson is a stud. Easily one best player.

Davante Jones has quietly come along. He’s basically at what I had for his projection.

Caleb Houstan and Diabate have come along, too. They actually look the part of 5 stars. Houstan slumped for a while but has really found his stroke.

Eli Brooks is who we knew he is.

Brandon Johns is trash, worse than expected. Terrance Williams should be a spot minute guy.

Frankie Collins and Kobe Bufkin show a lot of tools but are inconsistent. They’ll be fun going forward but I can see why Juwan didn’t commit to starting either one of them, but I do like seeing them in the rotation though.

It’s going to be a grind to fix that 1st half resume but it’s nice to have tournament hope again.

Reactions: Ingersol
Can Iowa petition the NCAA to get Connor McCaffery eternal eligibility?

McCaffery is an 8% shooter against Purdue from behind the 3-point line.

Game2P2PA3P3PA
1/3/20190201
2/5/20200104
3/3/20200028
12/22/20201104
12/3/20210005
1/27/20220003
Totals14225
25%8%
Fun little homoboard stats.

2022 B1G games (9 for each team):

Davison (per game): 35 min, 16.2 pts, 4.2 reb, 45.1 FG%, 45.8 3P%, 87.1 FT%, 2.2 A/TO
JBo + CMac (per game) 41 min, 9.2 pts, 2.6 reb, 25.9 FG%, 23.9 3P%, 79.3 FT%, 1.8 A/TO

• Haha
Reactions: WheelerG
Yep. IT is shooting 43% from three (including 50% against KenPom tier A opponents) and Hunter is shooting 37% (including 43% against KenPom tier A opponents). Pretty solid.

They'e each played like shit in a couple of games...similar to about every other PG in the country.
That's one statistic. They have been poor defensively. They don't get many assists.

IT shooting 29% from 3 in conference play.

Their numbers combined don't even get to what XJ averages for a game which was the point.

That's one statistic. They have been poor defensively. They don't get many assists.

IT shooting 29% from 3 in conference play.

Their numbers combined don't even get to what XJ averages for a game which was the point.
Purdue PG's never get many assists. It's the offense we run. They showed an assist last night that Purdue is leading the B1G in assists and not one Purdue player is among the top 14 assist guys in the B1G. That's expected. We've literally had only 2 guys with a season average of 4 or better in Painter's tenure and he's okay with that.

I see you didn't mention what Hunter shoots from three in conference play. Hint...when you combine Hunter and IT's 3P shooting, their % is better than XJ, both conference and overall.

Dickinson is a stud. Easily one best player.

Davante Jones has quietly come along. He’s basically at what I had for his projection.

Caleb Houstan and Diabate have come along, too. They actually look the part of 5 stars. Houstan slumped for a while but has really found his stroke.

Eli Brooks is who we knew he is.

Brandon Johns is trash, worse than expected. Terrance Williams should be a spot minute guy.

Frankie Collins and Kobe Bufkin show a lot of tools but are inconsistent. They’ll be fun going forward but I can see why Juwan didn’t commit to starting either one of them, but I do like seeing them in the rotation though.

It’s going to be a grind to fix that 1st half resume but it’s nice to have tournament hope again.
The real question is: How fast is your puppy?

Fun little homoboard stats.

2022 B1G games (9 for each team):

Davison (per game): 35 min, 16.2 pts, 4.2 reb, 45.1 FG%, 45.8 3P%, 87.1 FT%, 2.2 A/TO
JBo + CMac (per game) 41 min, 9.2 pts, 2.6 reb, 25.9 FG%, 23.9 3P%, 79.3 FT%, 1.8 A/TO
I was looking at your KenPom, and it's impressive how few times you guys have won by double digits. Outside of your first two wins against schools of the blind, 2 of the 14 wins were by 10+ points. You like to keep it interesting.

The real question is: How fast is your puppy?

5nbq.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15
Purdue PG's never get many assists. It's the offense we run. They showed an assist last night that Purdue is leading the B1G in assists and not one Purdue player is among the top 14 assist guys in the B1G. That's expected. We've literally had only 2 guys with a season average of 4 or better in Painter's tenure and he's okay with that.

I see you didn't mention what Hunter shoots from three in conference play. Hint...when you combine Hunter and IT's 3P shooting, their % is better than XJ, both conference and overall.
IT was hot to start the year from 3 while Hunter was poor. Hunter has been hot recently while IT has been poor.

You can still get more than 1.8 and 1.4 apg in Painter's system. They are currently 5th and 6th on the team.

Hey if you are happy with them, then I guess that's all that matters.

I was looking at your KenPom, and it's impressive how few times you guys have won by double digits. Outside of your first two wins against schools of the blind, 2 of the 14 wins were by 10+ points. You like to keep it interesting.
What fun would a bunch of blow outs be? Now go count how many times we’ve been up by 15+ in those games. Since you like to worry about stupid shit. ;)

Projected final standings per KenPom with a few makeup games to be rescheduled:

Purdue 14-6
Illinois 14-6
Wisky 14-6
MSU 13-6
OSU 12-7
Iowa 11-9
IU 11-9
Michigan 10-9
Rutgers 8-12
NW 8-12
PSU 7-12
Maryland 7-13
Minnesota 6-13
Nebraska 2-17

Purdue 14-6
Illinois 14-6
Wisky 14-6
MSU 13-6
OSU 12-7
Iowa 11-9
IU 11-9
Michigan 10-9
Rutgers 8-12
NW 8-12
PSU 7-12
Maryland 7-13
Minnesota 6-13
Nebraska 2-17
Really impressive coaching job by Underwood to have the team in this position with all of these: Kofi suspension, Curbelo concussion, Hutcherson hernia, Frazier separated right shoulder, Frazier knee injury, team gets the flu, team gets Covid and takes a break, Kofi concussion, Curbelo flu and covid.

Sounds like Curbelo might be back for NW, but I think we see limited if any Kofi.

just got synergy again. It’s $30/mo, so I’ll probably only keep it 1-2 months. PM me if you want to see a player’s info, and I’ll screenshot it for you.

@dukedevilz, I know you’re probably interested, so you’re welcome to request too.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Purdue 14-6
Illinois 14-6
Wisky 14-6
MSU 13-6
OSU 12-7
Iowa 11-9
IU 11-9
Michigan 10-9
Rutgers 8-12
NW 8-12
PSU 7-12
Maryland 7-13
Minnesota 6-13
Nebraska 2-17

11-9, lololol

Can Iowa petition the NCAA to get Connor McCaffery eternal eligibility?

McCaffery is an 8% shooter against Purdue from behind the 3-point line.

Game2P2PA3P3PA
1/3/20190201
2/5/20200104
3/3/20200028
12/22/20201104
12/3/20210005
1/27/20220003
Totals14225
25%8%
Like do we have no one better? Oh wait, I know why he's playing.

just got synergy again. It’s $30/mo, so I’ll probably only keep it 1-2 months. PM me if you want to see a player’s info, and I’ll screenshot it for you.

@dukedevilz, I know you’re probably interested, so you’re welcome to request too.

This isn’t about you it’s about home boarders but you give me a fair breakdown of Jones vs Smith

Reactions: Jaycg15
From the homoboard.

They have 13 games remaining. 10 of those are against MSU(2), Purdue(2), OSU(2), Iowa(2), UW(1), & Illinois(1).

200w.gif

I think a fair analogy for Michigan's conference schedule thus far is comparing to a normal Iowa non con slate (about as easy as f'n possible, basically).

Hurt is likely coming, but I will sleep ok tonight knowing destiny is still in their hands.

Reactions: jwardelt
MSU is having a big recruiting weekend and it’s going to be like 15-20 degrees and snowing today. Southern kids won’t want to come up to this shit.

Inflection point for both teams today. Can Michigan keep rolling and rattling off wins and continue to become the team we though they were, or can MSU weather the storm and try to stay in the fight at the top of league.

Either team could win by 10+ and I wouldn’t be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT