ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the Bears would have gone with an offensive minded coach to help with Fields development. Could be a decent hire, but it's going to come down to who he has as his OC.
Yeah I was kinda hoping they would have gone the offensive coach as well. Daboll may not work out but he seemed to make more sense, given the comps between Josh Allen and Fields’ rookie seasons. They had remarkably similar stats, and have at least semi comparable skill sets.

Meh. Colts fans aren’t too upset losing him. If I cheered for the Bears, I’d be pretty bummed.
Yeah that’s what I was kinda worried about. I don’t think Dan Quinn is some great coach, but I trusted him more to build a solid staff. Sounds like he felt his path to the Cowboys head coach is imminent, so I don’t blame him for wanting that job instead. Bears defense has been lacking in toughness since 2018, so I think Eberflus will at least bring some culture change on that side of the ball.

Reactions: bMORE607
I think the league is good this year, but I don't think we have a NC contender, unless Purdue figures it out. Or Illinois.

But I only see a couple Final Four teams

Reactions: 1016CC0503
I think IU, IL, and PU have the talent to win it all but have alot of work to do on the court to get there

I think IU, IL, and PU have the talent to win it all but have alot of work to do on the court to get there
IU does not. A lot of teams can shut down TJD if they focus on doing that. Also the team is never going to develop the consistency needed to put together 6 good games in a row. I’m just going to be happy if this team gets into the dance. That’ll be a step in the right direction, and it’ll be good to get the underclassmen some experience.

Reactions: cmore79
That's a great question. It has worked really well this season, where in the past it was an automatic lay up or dunk.

It creates problems this season, which is great.
We didn't have any issues w/ it unless you count the last two minutes vs the walk-ons. Then we struggled. I haven't watched every Iowa game but I've noticed we are the only team to put a Big at half court and get the ball to him then turn and pass. That was pretty effective. Iowa may have gotten 1 or 2 TO"s off our regulars but it was pretty minimal especially compared to some other teams I've seen.

Reactions: hawkit3113
IU does not. A lot of teams can shut down TJD if they focus on doing that. Also the team is never going to develop the consistency needed to put together 6 good games in a row. I’m just going to be happy if this team gets into the dance. That’ll be a step in the right direction, and it’ll be good to get the underclassmen some experience.
100% agree

Reactions: cmore79

I disagree. They have the talent, they just haven't put it together.

I wouldn't put IU in that group lol. I also think OSU has the easiest path moving forward.

I am serious, I have felt IU has not preformed up to their talent the last couple of year. They have some players. But can be wildly inconsistent

I am serious, I have felt IU has not preformed up to their talent the last couple of year. They have some players. But can be wildly inconsistent
They have talent to be a top 25 team if they would quit shooting themselves in the foot. Truly elite teams work this IU team in a game that matters though. Like they would lose to Baylor by 15+ on a neutral floor. It wouldn’t be close

I think we have the players to finish top 3 or 4 in the Big Ten, but I don't think 1 or 2 is realistic. I mean if we played at the top of our game every single time out then sure, but that's the same for everyone.

They have talent to be a top 25 team if they would quit shooting themselves in the foot. Truly elite teams work this IU team in a game that matters though. Like they would lose to Baylor by 15+ on a neutral floor. It wouldn’t be close

I think there are good teams and talented teams.

IU is talented. Are they a good team, it remains to be seen. But they have good players

Right. Others would really need to step up.
I think Race has proven to be a very valuable piece for them, but they're not going to win a championship with their backcourt. I'm not sure Illinois can either with the hole we have at the 4.

I think Race has proven to be a very valuable piece for them, but they're not going to win a championship with their backcourt. I'm not sure Illinois can either with the hole we have at the 4.
Don't think anyone in the B1G is winning it this year or the forseeable future.

Don't think anyone in the B1G is winning it this year or the forseeable future.
After seeing Arizona firsthand, I don't think we're as good as our ratings. I think the best team in the Big Ten is probably no better than number 8.

Reactions: jwardelt
This whole time I thought the talk was about IU having the talent to win the Big Ten...

No way in hell does IU have enough talent to win the whole thing lol.

The Big Ten overall doesn't. A large part of that is the talent that comes to the Big Ten. For example, there were 0 Big Ten players selected for the McDonald's AA game. The Big Ten only has 5 players ranked in the composite top 50.

It's time for the Big Ten to get away from tackle basketball. Makes no sense that they would continue to call the game differently from the rest of college basketball.

You have to have more than 1 dude to win it all. IU has a bunch of solid players, but they only have 1 guy that can take over.
Guaranteed a role player going off against us when we go to Bloomington lol

Indiana finished runner up for him and Bloomington is basically a hop skip and a jump from his hometown*

*Relative to North Carolina
I don't think there was any interest last offseason, so I'm not sure why there would be this offseason. Illinois will be needed a big though.

I haven't seen those yet. Where'd you see that?
Somewhere on twitter. Not sure if it was early rumor or just that there was a connection to Garrett and it's a possibility. I'll try to find the tweet.

Here you go @Jaycg15 No rumor yet, just a connection. Being a first year head coach he might want somebody with experience that he knows with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycg15
This whole time I thought the talk was about IU having the talent to win the Big Ten...

No way in hell does IU have enough talent to win the whole thing lol.

The Big Ten overall doesn't. A large part of that is the talent that comes to the Big Ten. For example, there were 0 Big Ten players selected for the McDonald's AA game. The Big Ten only has 5 players ranked in the composite top 50.

It's time for the Big Ten to get away from tackle basketball. Makes no sense that they would continue to call the game differently from the rest of college basketball.

Tackle basketball sucks. And I blame Tom Izzo and Bo Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT