ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been asking that most of the season- where ya been? Feel bad for him as he seems lost right now.
I might have missed it in some Indiana/Purdue arguments, but for the most part I haven’t seen it mentioned.

Has he been this bad all season? 5 minutes 3 fouls and no other stats is bad…

XJ and Rob were big time tonight, BUT Edey struggled a lot b/c of Durr. 7'0", 260. Durr played him as well as anyone could have.
Edey was 5-6 from the floor with 9 rebounds and 3 assists. If he goes, 6-8 from the line instead of 2-7, we’d be saying he had a great game.

I think Painter played Trevion too much. I’d have rather seen Edey late.

I also question our coming over screens 5 feet behind the 3P line. I know it was an RP three that beat us but I’d rather take my chances with making him and XJ beat us from three than let them get downhill against our bigs.

I was just thinking this feels like the Michigan / Harbaugh @ MSU / Tucker loss. You guys will be fine even though it’ll annoy you all season. Until you hit a bigger goal come March.
Emotional losses over a rival can help fuel a team to reach thag next level.

I might have missed it in some Indiana/Purdue arguments, but for the most part I haven’t seen it mentioned.

Has he been this bad all season? 5 minutes 3 fouls and no other stats is bad…
He’s lost - having a bad year and not sure he will recover. Too bad because he has the tools but mentally seems lost. Still young and hope he sticks it out as it could click in the next couple of years - needs to be patient and listen to Painter.

Hope so. We’ve been flawed all season defensively and better teams are taking advantage. Purdue fans dogged me for saying I’d rank us 9-12 preseason and I still think that’s who we are. Top 3 offense but suspect D.

I’m petty as hell, but seeing Emoni Bates stock in free fall makes me laugh. He was supposed to be the next LeBron. NPOY as a sophomore in high school. He let that shit get to his head, and so did his dad. Seeing what’s become of him, thank god he didn’t come to MSU and we got all the shit for him being selfish and just bad. Jaden Akins got kicked off his team because he yelled at Emoni for never passing. What a pussy.

The latest mocks for next year have him out of the lottery.

Edey was 5-6 from the floor with 9 rebounds and 3 assists. If he goes, 6-8 from the line instead of 2-7, we’d be saying he had a great game.

I think Painter played Trevion too much. I’d have rather seen Edey late.

I also question our coming over screens 5 feet behind the 3P line. I know it was an RP three that beat us but I’d rather take my chances with making him and XJ beat us from three than let them get downhill against our bigs.
True, BUT.....our interior defense vs Williams/Edey was well documented, and seen as THE issue. Edey had decent numbers, and if he hits some freebies, he has good numbers. We just could afford to have Edey/Williams go for 40 combined----or have one of them totally dominate the paint. Durr's defense allowed us to contest shots.

He’s lost - having a bad year and not sure he will recover. Too bad because he has the tools but mentally seems lost. Still young and hope he sticks it out as it could click in the next couple of years - needs to be patient and listen to Painter.
Will have an optimal situation moving forward if he sticks around. But he needs a confidence boost like no other right now.

Reactions: pig1960
I’m petty as hell, but seeing Emoni Bates stock in free fall makes me laugh. He was supposed to be the next LeBron. NPOY as a sophomore in high school. He let that shit get to his head, and so did his dad. Seeing what’s become of him, thank god he didn’t come to MSU and we got all the shit for him being selfish and just bad. Jaden Akins got kicked off his team because he yelled at Emoni for never passing. What a pussy.

The latest mocks for next year have him out of the lottery.
PG experiment was a terrible idea. Exposed himself when it was unnecessary because of his ego.

The lebron comparison were always unrealistic

Reactions: MGC_07
Got to get my posting in now - my ban bet with Trojan not looking favorable according to my magic 8 ball. 😂

…then again I may just come back as prenatalpig1959. No one would notice.

Last edited:
Very true....And emotional wins can help fuel confidence for a program that has been a shit hole for the past 20 years(for the most part). IU is 5-3, and next two are @ home as well---vs MIchigan/PSU.

Two weeks ago IU was being blasted for losing at PSU----And now all the sudden, they are one game in the win column out of first place...

With our upcoming schedule, this team could be 9-3 in the next couple of weeks:

vs Mich
Vs PSU
@ Maryland
'Vs Illinois.

After tonight, with basically no TJD, its not out of the question to feel IU could run the table in their next 4...

K60N1oq.jpg

Very true....And emotional wins can help fuel confidence for a program that has been a shit hole for the past 20 years(for the most part). IU is 5-3, and next two are @ home as well---vs MIchigan/PSU.

Two weeks ago IU was being blasted for losing at PSU----And now all the sudden, they are one game in the win column out of first place...

With our upcoming schedule, this team could be 9-3 in the next couple of weeks:

vs Mich
Vs PSU
@ Maryland
'Vs Illinois.

After tonight, with basically no TJD, its not out of the question to feel IU could run the table in their next 4...

You’re losing Sunday bud

You’re losing Sunday bud
I think they will too. Either Michigan will get it figured out or they won’t. Plus, Michigan is getting Indiana at the perfect time, right after an emotional win against big brother. Honestly, it’s a big one for both teams. If IU loses, then they have squandered the PU win, to an extent.

Hell, they are all big games…

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Next morning take. Great effort by a Lafayette kid who had a monkey the size of King Kong on his back. It's only right for IU that he hit the big shot.

As for Purdue, we are always going to have issues defensively as long as Trevion and Zach are patrolling the middle. As such, we can't afford the B1G's leading shooter coming into the game to go 1-7 from three and for a guy who was 1st team All B1G last year to forget how to catch the ball and airball a 5 footer in the closing minute. It was the worst game for Trevion in a long time.

But even moreso, we can't have our 72%+ FT shooting team go 7-17 from the line, especially when our one guy who is a poor free throw shooter took only 2 of those attempts. That's bat shit.

I think they will too. Either Michigan will get it figured out or they won’t. Plus, Michigan is getting Indiana at the perfect time, right after an emotional win against big brother. Honestly, it’s a big one for both teams. If IU loses, then they have squandered the PU win, to an extent.

Hell, they are all big games…
A quad two loss wouldn’t offset a quad one win.

Good to see Rob get his moment. Struggled since his Freshman year, injuries hadn't help, but to see a Lafayette kid who had never beaten Purdue put the team on his back and come through in the clutch was good to see. Hopefully he keeps stepping up, if you pair what he did last night with having TJD an entire game this team and can take a step forward.

Reactions: cmore79
Especially when the quad 2 loss is to a team that is more talented. The committee wouldn’t consider it a bad loss.

😏
I agree with you. Last nights game doesn’t really change my opinion of IU’s upside. They won games against ranked opponents under Archie too (obviously never Purdue but still), but it’s a wildly inconsistent group of players with not a ton of offensive aptitude. The one solace I take is that it’s at home, and they’re less susceptible to droughts while at home.

Regardless, I agree with you it’s not a bad loss if they do lose. UM literally can’t fall in the net far enough to make it a tier 3 loss.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT