ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to cover my ass here because I feel like this is something Hail would bring up 100 times if it does happen, but Jalen Wilson may end up being better than KU’s 4th best player. But referring to the national pundits he is pretty squarely ranked 4th on that team if you look at their player rankings and that’s what I was referring too, not that he’s no debate the 4th best.

I never said he was or wasn't 4th. I said he was missing and they are obviously better with a 12ppg/8rpg player on the court than in street clothes.

Me: "This [beatdown] is without Jalen Wilson?"
You: "He's like their 4th best player."

So? lol

Based on what?
1. He’s been recruiting very well to start
2. Recruits seem to be buying into Woodson because of his pro experience. Kaufman has pro aspirations, so that would likely be appealing.
3. Unlike Archie, Woodson would be pitching him as more of a 3/4 than a 4/5. Archie was suggesting he would be taking TJD’s spot on the floor and that made no sense.

All of that with Purdue’s front court logjam basically. I said all off-season there was no chance all 3 of Gillis/Furst/Kaufman would be playing this year.

1. He’s been recruiting very well to start
2. Recruits seem to be buying into Woodson because of his pro experience. Kaufman has pro aspirations, so that would likely be appealing.
3. Unlike Archie, Woodson would be pitching him as more of a 3/4 than a 4/5. Archie was suggesting he would be taking TJD’s spot on the floor and that made no sense.

All of that with Purdue’s front court logjam basically. I said all off-season there was no chance all 3 of Gillis/Furst/Kaufman would be playing this year.

I don’t disagree with any of those but one of the big reasons he picked Purdue was the campus vibe/culture compared to IU. That isn’t changing regardless of who the coach is. TKR is a different kind of person in that regard.

I don’t disagree with any of those but one of the big reasons he picked Purdue was the campus vibe/culture compared to IU. That isn’t changing regardless of who the coach is. TKR is a different kind of person in that regard.
Wait, so Purdue fans made a huge deal about Rabjohns’ “fishbowl” comments, and now you are saying they were correct?

If he truly has NBA aspirations, he’s going to have to get over that phobia.

Wait, so Purdue fans made a huge deal about Rabjohns’ “fishbowl” comments, and now you are saying they were correct?

If he truly has NBA aspirations, he’s going to have to get over that phobia.

IIRC, it was the way Rabby said it that we laughed about.

He said Kaufman didn’t feel comfortable being in the fishbowl that comes with being an IU basketball player.

I thought there was more to it but that was awhile ago. Seemed like he got defensive after being way off on the entire recruitment and that’s why we all had a good laugh about it.

giphy.gif
Glad you asked...... :cool:

BECAUSE F*** WISCONSIN, THAT'S WHY. :D

I thought there was more to it but that was awhile ago. Seemed like he got defensive after being way off on the entire recruitment and that’s why we all had a good laugh about it.
As do all recruiting reporters when they get one wrong.

Reactions: cmore79
Iowa's OOC schedule makes Iowa's old OOC schedules look tough.

257 Longwood
255 UMKC
341 NC Central
343 Alabama St.
315 Western Michigan
217 Portland St
56 Virginia (forced to play because of ACC/Big Ten)
117 Iowa St.
99 Utah St.
305 Southeastern Louisiana
221 Western Illinois

Is this what dressing for the role you want looks like?

257 Longwood
255 UMKC
341 NC Central
343 Alabama St.
315 Western Michigan
217 Portland St
117 Iowa St.
99 Utah St.
221 Western Illinois

giphy.gif

257 Longwood
255 UMKC
341 NC Central
343 Alabama St.
315 Western Michigan
217 Portland St
117 Iowa St.
99 Utah St.
221 Western Illinois

It's the worst, reminds me of another team in the Big10 and how they schedule yearly.

So Purdue will play through the UNC game with only 1 true 4, due to Gillis' suspension and TKR's redshirt. Looks like Furst will start and Morton will back him up until Gillis returns, then who knows.

Will be interesting to see how we lineup with UNC since they have some big options at the 4.

257 Longwood
255 UMKC
341 NC Central
343 Alabama St.
315 Western Michigan
217 Portland St
117 Iowa St.
99 Utah St.
221 Western Illinois

It’s horrible. They have to go 9-1 at worst

So Purdue will play through the UNC game with only 1 true 4, due to Gillis' suspension and TKR's redshirt. Looks like Furst will start and Morton will back him up until Gillis returns, then who knows.

Will be interesting to see how we lineup with UNC since they have some big options at the 4.
Will be important for Furst to stay out of foul trouble.

Buffalo Is picked to win the MAC . Already preparing myself for a close game so I can scream at the TV. Get that BP good and high tonight

If Sasha and IT combine to go 10-14 from 3, it probably won’t matter haha
I think there are some potential downsides of having them two start, but they should be able to really provide spacing for Ivey and Tre/Edey to operate.

I think there are some potential downsides of having them two start, but they should be able to really provide spacing for Ivey and Tre/Edey to operate.
As I said yesterday, I love that move by Painter. There were spacing concerns with Hunter, Ivey, Furst, and Edey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT