ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I like the move by Painter adding shooting instead of Hunter, but I would have thought it would be Newman, not IT.
I think most Purdue fans are surprised. But it does get some nice shooting on the floor which should be nice for Ivey and Tre/Edey. Furst is also showing some range, though early.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
No idea. I do know he only played 3 seasons of high school. That fourth season could have gone a long way in terms of his development.
Answered my own question. He turned 19 on August 9th so that's would be a young sophomore typically. He's no Hunter Dickinson old for his class but he's a little old for his class.

Answered my own question. He turned 19 on August 9th so that's would be a young sophomore typically. He's no Hunter Dickinson old for his class but he's a little old for his class.
I turned 19 the summer between my Senior year of High school and freshman year of college. So he’s very young for his grade.

How the fvck does Painter get a top 50 kid to redshirt?
Good question. TKR is, I believe, his 3rd highest ranked recruit ever behind Biggie and E'twaun.

But Painter has been pretty clear in interviews that this is by far his deepest team and that he's gonna trim the rotation to the point that capable players would have to make sacrifices. Probably told the kid that he's behind Furst and Gillis at this point and that he can't spend a ton of time experimenting with lineups this year, so TKR would have a tough road to catch them.

While I thought TKR was gonna be good enough to be an impact frosh, I do think that Furst and Gillis are well suited for that low volume, last option, complementary type role of just taking open shots, hitting the glass, and defending.

Reactions: otte21
Good question. TKR is, I believe, his 3rd highest ranked recruit ever behind Biggie and E'twaun.

But Painter has been pretty clear in interviews that this is by far his deepest team and that he's gonna trim the rotation to the point that capable players would have to make sacrifices. Probably told the kid that he's behind Furst and Gillis at this point and that he can't spend a ton of time experimenting with lineups this year, so TKR would have a tough road to catch them.

While I thought TKR was gonna be good enough to be an impact frosh, I do think that Furst and Gillis are well suited for that low volume, last option, complementary type role of just taking open shots, hitting the glass, and defending.

That plus his wrist injury sidelined him for a good portion of the summer too.

That plus his wrist injury sidelined him for a good portion of the summer too.
Good call.

Also, Painter has been harping on dribble penetration defense, and to me, TKR's biggest weakness looked like his footwork.

Good call.

Also, Painter has been harping on dribble penetration defense, and to me, TKR's biggest weakness looked like his footwork.

No doubt ESPECIALLY if he wants to continue to progress toward more of a 3 he’ll need to work on his quickness/footwork. Damn good problem to have that’s for sure.

Just was listening to the pregame show and Painter mentioned he told TKR where he stood on the depth chart and after thinking on it for 3-4 days, TKR decided today to redshirt. Painter was fine with either choice.

Reactions: Toast.
Who has stayed their 5th year? And how many of them were highly ranked guys versus guys like Biefeldt?

Actually Austin Davis is one that stayed a 5th year. I honestly can’t really think of anyone else in the Beilein era that redshirted and played at Michigan their 5th year. Bielfeldt (Indiana), Donnal (Clemson). I can’t think of other redshirts off the top of my head.

Bingham looks frustratingly close to becoming a guy that could make draft boards.

MSU flashing right now , they look pretty good 10 minutes in

*Hot take *

Better than I thought thus far. Wings need to be better defensively. And Akins is struggling. But Hoggard looks wayyyy better than last year.

Hopefully we can keep it up.

It will be nice when he has 4 years left next year after he transfers to IU… SmokinSmile

He’d rather redshirt at Purdue versus play at IU…

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Just have to make less mistakes and be better defensively. Saw some things I liked but we were pretty damn bad to end the half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT