ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purdue is playing a team tonight that doesn't like to dribble the ball.

Should be an interesting test of our already questionable defense. I'd take the over if I were a betting man.

I’m jealous of all of you fvckers that gets to relax and watch an easy win tonight for your team. We literally play Kansas. We’re probably going to lose by like 8+

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Michigan State with the chance to get back on track after missing the tournament field of 64 last season.
and-here-we-go-joker.gif

Opening Day Starters for IU:

Xavier Johnson
Parker Stewart
Miller Kopp
Race Thompson
TJD
Will Kopp slide to the 4 at times?

Purdue's:
Thompson
Ivey
Sasha
Furst
Edey

If you would've asked me two weeks ago who our starting lineup would be in game 1, I would've gone 2 for 5 lol.

I’m jealous of all of you fvckers that gets to relax and watch an easy win tonight for your team. We literally play Kansas. We’re probably going to lose by like 8+
4.5 seems very light. Thinking about putting down size on KU.

Will Kopp slide to the 4 at times?

Purdue's:
Thompson
Ivey
Sasha
Furst
Edey

If you would've asked me two weeks ago who our starting lineup would be in game 1, I would've gone 2 for 5 lol.
I could see Kopp at the 4 at times, but I think he will be more of a 3. There has been a lot of praise for Geronimo in the off-season, so I think he will get the backup 4 minutes.

Johnson/RP
Stewart/Leal
Kopp/Bates
Thompson/Geronimo
TJD/Durr

Leal and Durr are probably under 15 mpg as the 9th and 10th men.

Edit: I like the move by Painter adding shooting instead of Hunter, but I would have thought it would be Newman, not IT.

I could see Kopp at the 4 at times, but I think he will be more of a 3. There has been a lot of praise for Geronimo in the off-season, so I think he will get the backup 4 minutes.

Johnson/RP
Stewart/Leal
Kopp/Bates
Thompson/Geronimo
TJD/Durr

Edit: I like the move by Painter adding shooting instead of Hunter, but I would have thought it would be Newman, not IT.
Think Newman has a ways to go on the defensive side of things in order to earn Painter’s trust. He has the tools to be the best defender of all three of them though. Just need to iron things out and concentrate on that side of the ball more.

Johnson/RP
Stewart/Leal
Kopp/Bates
Thompson/Geronimo
TJD/Durr

So is Galloway just out of the rotation completely?

So is Galloway just out of the rotation completely?
That’s what it sounds like. Same for Duncomb once Durr is back. Lander will get minutes, but we aren’t going 11 deep too often. He may beat out RP eventually though.

Galloway had mono recently, and we all know that takes years to recover from… 😉 jk

MSU will be playing 9 guys consistently

PG-Tyson Walker
SG-Max Christie
SF-Gabe Brown
PF-Joey Hauser
C-Marcus Bingham

Bench
G-AJ Hoggard
G-Jaden Akins
F-Malik Hall
C-Julius Marble

Pierre Brooks and Sissoko will probably get spot minutes. I could see Sissoko pushing for more time though. Definitely the bounciest out of the big men and if we are struggling to get rebounds he might get some minutes. Still raw offensively and can’t hit free throws for shit though.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
That’s what it sounds like. Same for Duncomb once Durr is back. Lander will get minutes, but we aren’t going 11 deep too often. He may beat out RP eventually though.

Galloway had mono recently, and we all know that takes years to recover from… 😉 jk

So we shouldn’t expect much from Lander it sounds like?

I got attacked for saying he looks disappointing by the IU fanbase and now, as a 5 star, he might be out of the playing rotation as a Sophomore.

That’s what it sounds like. He had a really good Summer/Fall, but Johnson and RP are ahead of him. If he doesn’t play much this year I would be highly shocked if he didn’t transfer.

PG Devante Jones
SG: Eli Brooks
SF: Caleb Houstan
PF: Brandon Johns
C: Hunter Dickinson

6th man: Mousa Diabate
Wing depth: Terrance Williams

That’s 7 in our rotation for sure. The 8th or 9th will be whoever is most ready between Collins, Bufkin, and Zeb Jackson. I’d say our fanbase is split pretty evenly on who that will be.

Not being in the rotation group as a 5 star going into your second year is pretty extraordinary though. How often do you see that?
Still don’t understand his ranking. Undersized quick guard with poor intangibles that doesn’t really do anything all that well. I’ll be proven way wrong if he lives up close to that 5 star ranking.

IU fans were happy when his shot hit the rim last season or threw a pass that wasn’t a turnover. Has a long way to go but what is his legitimate upside? Just don’t know what separates him from a guy like Eric Hunter if he improves. Fine player but no where near a 5 star.

Not being in the rotation group as a 5 star going into your second year is pretty extraordinary though. How often do you see that?
Not often. I know it’s been said 1000 times, but he should be a freshman this year.

Reactions: MGC_07
Still don’t understand his ranking. Undersized quick guard with poor intangibles that doesn’t really do anything all that well. I’ll be proven way wrong if he lives up close to that 5 star ranking.

IU fans were happy when his shot hit the rim last season or threw a pass that wasn’t a turnover. Has a long way to go but what is his legitimate upside? Just don’t know what separates him from a guy like Eric Hunter if he improves. Fine player but no where near a 5 star.
Athleticism and quickness.

That's all fine but if you can't shoot or pass what good are you?
He was thought to be able to do both of those things. We will see if he has it or not. He’s going to be better off in a free flowing read/react offense than in Archie’s sets.

Reactions: jwardelt
He is quick but like Eric Hunter is pretty quick too. Lander isn’t exactly an above the rim player either.
I would suggest potentially looking more into it. Watch some of his AAU games. Constantly dunking and catching oops while playing a year up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT