ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was getting wide open looks for the most part. Your guards don’t actually guard anyone. That’s why guards go off against you all the time. I remember when you guys were trying to say Hunter was the best on ball defender in the country.

You’re right, we are better without our All American 🙄

Nice hyperbole on Hunter. TJD wasn’t 100% that game anyway and it led to you having to be more guard-oriented. We’re much better defending traditional lineups versus teams going small (see Purdue vs Illinois when Kofi wasn’t in).

Lost to a bad team… again.

Who hasn’t lost to bad teams? Happens all the time.

I’m also curious how Ivey has risen to as high as the number 1 overall pick considering he’s not an elite athlete?

Nice hyperbole on Hunter. TJD wasn’t 100% that game anyway and it led to you having to be more guard-oriented. We’re much better defending traditional lineups versus teams going small (see Purdue vs Illinois when Kofi wasn’t in).
You guys didn’t say he was the best on ball defender in the country?

You are better defending post play because your guards are bad defenders. Like I said.

You guys didn’t say he was the best on ball defender in the country?

You are better defending post play because your guards are bad defenders. Like I said.

Dont ever remember hearing that or reading about it. I remember us saying that about Eastern though.

I’m also curious how Ivey has risen to as high as the number 1 overall pick considering he’s not an elite athlete?
Ivey won’t go #1, IMO.

He could slide in to the top 5 if one those teams needs a guard, but it’s gonna be tough to crack the top 3.

Prior to the year it was said when talking about who would be B1G DPOY. You guys thought it would be Hunter.

So B1G DPOY equals best on-ball defender in the country?

Kramer won B1G DPOY twice and he wasn’t the best on-ball defender in the country.

Ivey won’t go #1, IMO.

He could slide in to the top 5 if one those teams needs a guard, but it’s gonna be tough to crack the top 3.

Oh I know. Just giving him crap for still not thinking Ivey is an elite athlete is all. I think he’s a lock for the top 10. All of the draft analysis of him mention how explosive he is and his crazy athleticism but a certain someone on here doesn’t think he’s elite.

Last edited:
Yep. If I'm not mistaken, he ended Romeo Langford's high school career with that shot.

We'd love to have him walk on the basketball team. He would definitely be a rotation player.
Yes, he did....Very good Warren Central team. MOF, that team finished unbeaten, and won the title. Sucks---New Albany let that one get away---up 8, with 3+ minutes----CHHOKE.

Bell would 100% see decent minutes for Purdue. Very good basketball player, that just happens to be much better at football.

So one/a few people saying it means the entire fan base believes it? Lol
Did I say the entire fanbase said it? Your reading comprehension isn’t great tonight.

Your entire fanbase did think he was an elite defender which is obviously wrong.

Did I say the entire fanbase said it? Your reading comprehension isn’t great tonight.

Your entire fanbase did think he was an elite defender which is obviously wrong.

You said “you guys” so I’m guessing you were thinking a good number of us said if but maybe that’s what I get for assuming.

He was a really good defender his first few seasons. Can’t really argue that. But his play on both ends of the floor have dropped off the last 2 years.

You said “you guys” so I’m guessing you were thinking a good number of us said if but maybe that’s what I get for assuming.

He was a really good defender his first few seasons. Can’t really argue that. But his play on both ends of the floor have dropped off the last 2 years.
I didn’t say every person said it.

He’s a Aaron Wheeler type career.

Oh I know. Just giving him crap for still not thinking Ivey is an elite athlete is all. I think he’s a lock for the top 10. All of the draft analysis of him mention how explosive he is and his crazy athleticism but a certain someone on here doesn’t think he’s elite.
Athleticism certainly isn’t an area he’s lacking. That argument never made sense.

Of the teams in that 5-10 draft range, it’d be cool to see him go to the Pacers (hometown team type deal like Ayo) or the Pelicans. Would love to see him Ingram and Zion when he gets healthy. Plus Ivey would get to be on the court with an “elite” athlete lol

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987

I love Ivey---but if he's the #1 pick---a GM is losing his job.

THis team drives me insane....Get up 32, and decide to "got get mine....". DO they just think teams are gonna quit?

Down to 16, with 3:53 to go. 11-0 PSU run , currently.

Michigan went 8-12 from 3 and only beat NW at home by 2? Wow
200.gif

Post in thread '****Official B1G Off Season Thread****'
https://forums.rivals.com/threads/official-b1g-off-season-thread.994681/post-34614700

Here’s an example of a fanboy overhyping Hunter’s defensive prowess.

So you went from thinking we called him the best on-ball defender in the country, then changed it to us thinking he’d be B1G DPOY, and the actual comment was him simply making the All-Defensive team lol. Yikes. And that wasn’t that crazy of a prediction because he should’ve made it last year.

@boilerzz I can’t believe you predicted Hunter to make the all-defensive team. Absurd!

In all the mocks I’ve seen he hasn’t been lower than 5. It’s not a crazy thought depending on who gets the first pick.
Lowest I have seen him is 8th. Highest, 5th. Which to me is high(5th). But really not much of a difference between 5th/8th.

But #1 ?

Hell, TBH, I think Davis being a potential Top 5 is crazy.

Love Ivey, though. Lot of Lillard in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT