ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2022 Transfer Portal Thread

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Just heard Andre Curbelo from Illinois is in the portal.

Shaq's kid is leaving LSU.

Sean McNeil leaving WVU.

Terrence Shannon leaving Texas Tech (hopefully he comes home to DePaul...he went to high school literally less than a mile from DePaul)

Phinesee is leaving Indiana.

Xavier Pinson leaving LSU.

Who else is entering the portal and where do you think they are going?

Reactions: deacdevil
Murray state has some interesting prospects. Kj william, hill, hannibal.

sam williamson and donte allen two former 5 stars hitting the portal.

Can Kentucky start winning the transfer portal? First we won the draft, then recruiting, and now it has to be the portal. Anything other than games in the tournament, Kentucky is all about winning under Cal.
Uh... with Grady and Tshweibwe, I think you did win the transfer portal.

Reactions: KisteK and JimboBBN
The last one seems odd.

Wasting your time on Shannon, he’s coming home.
I thought it was odd also, but the guy is 6'11", 245 averaged a double - double and shot 45% from the 3. I watched some video and he is legit. We're solid at the 3, we desparately need another 1-2 guy and since Sharpe is gone, maybe another 2-3 guy. Our 4-5 are question marks. Collins is oozing with talent but Cal didn't give him enough minutes to develop. I hope he can put on about 20 lbs with added strength. He's good enough to be a point forward. We're solid at the 3 with Livingston and CJ with Wallace being able to play 1 thru 3. Livingston and Wallace are very good and versatile. The 2-3 is definitely and upgrade. TyTy's nba stock has dropped off, but still top 20 so he is probably gone. Oscar may be back because he has a better chance at making more with the NIL than the nba. His stock has risen with all the awards he's already received and he's going to get more, so he may be able to crack the high 20's.

We offered another HS player but he's not ranked and will never see a minute on the court. Cal coached his dad at Memphis. Practice body at best.

The problem with these transfers, with exception of Tshweibe, is that they aren’t UK material in the first place, but when they play AGAINST us we let them have career nights and then return to status quo. What’s sad is I can’t tell you what UK material even looks like anymore it’s been so long since we’ve had anyone that’s been consistently decent.

Reactions: cdbearde
I thought it was odd also, but the guy is 6'11", 245 averaged a double - double and shot 45% from the 3. I watched some video and he is legit. We're solid at the 3, we desparately need another 1-2 guy and since Sharpe is gone, maybe another 2-3 guy. Our 4-5 are question marks. Collins is oozing with talent but Cal didn't give him enough minutes to develop. I hope he can put on about 20 lbs with added strength. He's good enough to be a point forward. We're solid at the 3 with Livingston and CJ with Wallace being able to play 1 thru 3. Livingston and Wallace are very good and versatile. The 2-3 is definitely and upgrade. TyTy's nba stock has dropped off, but still top 20 so he is probably gone. Oscar may be back because he has a better chance at making more with the NIL than the nba. His stock has risen with all the awards he's already received and he's going to get more, so he may be able to crack the high 20's.

We offered another HS player but he's not ranked and will never see a minute on the court. Cal coached his dad at Memphis. Practice body at best.
Olivier Sarr 2.0

lol, where's that thread with all the Kentucky fans saying that Sharpe was gonna stick around for next year?

I never thought he'd stay. And I never thought Cal was calling the shots with him.
I thought his parents and Canadian coach were.

*i wouldn't be surprised to see him back and Oscar gone. We'll see the first full year of UK NIL. "A lot of gold in those hills." They'll get Crafty with it.

Last edited:
Things probably heat up after a few more guys announce their NBA status too.

These guys are gonna enjoy the fun of being wanted again. Probably looking for some NIL. Maybe some nationwide booty here and there on the recruiting visits. Etc.

Can't blame 'em.

Obviously any program with a coaching change will have a transfer portal party. What do you guys think about some of the Murray St dudes?

Things probably heat up after a few more guys announce their NBA status too.

These guys are gonna enjoy the fun of being wanted again. Probably looking for some NIL. Maybe some nationwide booty here and there on the recruiting visits. Etc.

Can't blame 'em.

Obviously any program with a coaching change will have a transfer portal party. What do you guys think about some of the Murray St dudes?
The studs are following mcmahon to lsu

Gonna lose two to the portal. Wouldn't care if Fran gave a fvck about recruiting the portal. Man, we could add some good pieces, but he doesn't like the concept of the portal. Well Fran, it's called reality. Use the fvcking portal!!

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
lol, where's that thread with all the Kentucky fans saying that Sharpe was gonna stick around for next year?
As a fan, I don't like it or get it. Everyone involved knew he would be eligible for the draft. So he gets a 1 semester ride at UK, practices and trains and gets Porsche I believe while there. Then off to the NBA without UK receiving any benefits.

I actually thought he might be back, and he may but doubtful, he's on the mock boards as high as #5.

Should have used him piss on his draft stock.

Why didn't Sharpe play was he injured?
giphy-4-1.gif

• Haha
The last one seems odd.

I'm not sure if he's wanting to head back home or if he's looking for a good payday. He definitely needs a fresh start somewhere though. Hated the way he left, but I'll always root for the kid.

As a fan, I don't like it or get it. Everyone involved knew he would be eligible for the draft. So he gets a 1 semester ride at UK, practices and trains and gets Porsche I believe while there. Then off to the NBA without UK receiving any benefits.

I actually thought he might be back, and he may but doubtful, he's on the mock boards as high as #5.

Should have used him piss on his draft stock.
no benefit to UK?

What about when Cal brags about how many lottery picks he's produced?

Collins is oozing with talent but Cal didn't give him enough minutes to develop. I hope he can put on about 20 lbs with added strength. He's good enough to be a point forward.
Collins as a point forward? Bruh, put down the crack pipe. He might be able to rebound and run the ball up the court on straight line drives during fast breaks once in a blue moon but will never have the handles or passing ability to run point. Also, development doesn't happen by playing like 15 hours of total game time over the duration of a season, it happens during hundreds of hours of practice. Obviously, as fans, we don't see what goes on every day in practice but I am sure if he was good enough to garner consistent minutes he would have. I suspect the reason he didn't is because he's just too thin and weak to produce consistently at this point. He gets pushed around way too easily and gets rebounds knocked away or stolen all the time. Like you said, he needs to add weight and strength more than anything else.

The last one seems odd.

Haven't seen anywhere saying DePaul is leading for him, everywhere seems to say either Kentucky or Illinois are the leaders on him currently.

Collins as a point forward? Bruh, put down the crack pipe. He might be able to rebound and run the ball up the court on straight line drives during fast breaks once in a blue moon but will never have the handles or passing ability to run point. Also, development doesn't happen by playing like 15 hours of total game time over the duration of a season, it happens during hundreds of hours of practice. Obviously, as fans, we don't see what goes on every day in practice but I am sure if he was good enough to garner consistent minutes he would have. I suspect the reason he didn't is because he's just too thin and weak to produce consistently at this point. He gets pushed around way too easily and gets rebounds knocked away or stolen all the time. Like you said, he needs to add weight and strength more than anything else.
Collins being a point forward is an echo from Cal lol He has a better handle than you think he does. But hell we almost always disagree lol And I certainly love different perspectives. I just watch the player and Collins has impressive skills for not playing any longer than he has. Cal has to develop him by playing him in games, giving him experience and confidence.

I agree with him being too thin. I'm hoping an additional 20 lbs and added strength before next season. Dude has a lot of potential.

Collins being a point forward is an echo from Cal lol He has a better handle than you think he does. But hell we almost always disagree lol And I certainly love different perspectives. I just watch the player and Collins has impressive skills for not playing any longer than he has. Cal has to develop him by playing him in games, giving him experience and confidence.

I agree with him being too thin. I'm hoping an additional 20 lbs and added strength before next season. Dude has a lot of potential.
Cal says a lot of stupid things to talk guys up but we both know he would never give Collins the chance to handle the ball anyway. 😂 He does have the attributes to do some special things with his bounciness and athleticism so I hope he makes a big sophomore jump. He better be on a 10K calorie daily diet and spending 4 hours a day in the weight room in the off-season though because he has a loooong way to go in order to bulk up and add a lot more strength. He's probably one of the reasons the midget strength and conditioning coach is on the hot seat and likely on the way out. That and the little sideline dust up during the Tennessee game. What an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT