***Official 2020 B1G Off Season Thread***

Jaycg15

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2008
Team
Illinois
Katz and Rothstein are both very high on us. Our home court last season was a BIG edge. Not sure that is being factored enough. We were 18-1 at home. I think we will be pretty good again, but not many teams will be more impacted by no fans than the Scarlet Knights.
Katz is a Big Ten homer. He always gives Illinois pub and ranks us higher than other people do. Not complaining, but he does for some reason.

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821

Toast.

Gold Member
May 10, 2011
Boulder CO
Katz and Rothstein are both very high on us. Our home court last season was a BIG edge. Not sure that is being factored enough. We were 18-1 at home. I think we will be pretty good again, but not many teams will be more impacted by no fans than the Scarlet Knights.
The home game advantage will be interesting this year. The lack of home crowds has certainly impacted the NBA playoffs (Nugs probably don't complete two 3-1 comebacks in a normal year), but obviously there will be more home advantage during the college season due to actually playing on a home court.

Purdue generally feeds off of the home court as well. Put some stats together on our home/road 3 pt shooting splits from this past season back during quarantine, and it was kind of crazy.
  • We finished at 33% (186th out of 353 teams) on 21.8 attempts per game (163/353). So essentially on the whole we shot an average percentage on relatively average volume
  • I was curious to how our home vs road 3 pt shootings splits of 37% vs. 28.6% stacked up against others. Our 8.4% home to road drop was the 20th biggest out of 353, but below some notable teams, including Wisconsin.
  • 37% at home was third in the B1G (70/353), while 28.6% on the road was last in the B1G (331/353)

Reactions: RutgHoops

Jaycg15

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2008
Team
Illinois
Overrated and sleeper teams in the Big Ten?

Overrated: Wisconsin. Still think they're top 5 in conference and a good team, but they're a team that played better than the sum of their parts. They also benefitted from an easy Big Ten schedule. They'll probably luck into a share of the title again somehow.

Sleeper: Rutgers. Gio Baker gets the accolades, but he's not the best player on their team, and Cliff is a big offseason pickup.

jwardelt

Gold Member
Apr 30, 2007
Overrated and sleeper teams in the Big Ten?

Overrated: Wisconsin. Still think they're top 5 in conference and a good team, but they're a team that played better than the sum of their parts. They also benefitted from an easy Big Ten schedule. They'll probably luck into a share of the title again somehow.

Sleeper: Rutgers. Gio Baker gets the accolades, but he's not the best player on their team, and Cliff is a big offseason pickup.
What loser wrote that?

Reactions: KisteK and Jaycg15

boilerzz

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
Katz is a Big Ten homer. He always gives Illinois pub and ranks us higher than other people do. Not complaining, but he does for some reason.
Yep, 7 Big Ten teams in the top 18 is silly.

otte21

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
It’ll kick back up when the season starts. There is just nothing to talk about right now.
Yeah, I can only talk so much trash about IU before I just start to feel bad.

not really. Suck on Evan Boudreaux’s old-man balls you d-bags. Ruining Bobby Knight day in the same week he started collecting social security.

Jaycg15

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2008
Team
Illinois
Schutt grew up an Illinois fan, and he loves the Illinois staff. He could end up elsewhere, but I'd be surprised unless it's a blue blood.

klize17

Oct 30, 2006
That sounds like a damn good weekend. I've heard the new IU course is a motherf*cker and is great. Share some thoughts when you get back. Also nothing is better for the golf swing than a scramble...just trying to hammer the golf ball while having 43 beers.
First can't stress the amazing weather I got my entire trip in Indiana. Wedding went off without a hitch, which was great because the folks involved worked their asses off for it. Mr. John Standeford was the officiant and he did a great job.

Calling the new IU course a mother****er is extremely accurate. After playing it I said, I have never paid for a prostitute before, but I just paid 80 bucks to get ****ed. Now I am not a great golfer. I have begun taking lessons in the past month or so and have really just been concentrating on my ball striking. I am absolutely horrendous around the greens and can not score to save my life.

It is a beautiful course. I can not wait to see it as the heather continues to grow. We played from the "backs" which is 6,700 yards. Many, many up hill drives on the par 4s. Once we hit some practice putts we knew it was going to be a rough day so we just said **** and went with it. No one got upset and just had a great time. I saw some taps go 30 feet past the hole.

$80.00 bucks is pretty fair right now considering you get access to the range and two practice par 3s for all day use in that $80.00. I look forward to seeing the B1G championship one day on that course and just knowing I have an idea of how tough it can be. Next trip to Indiana I really want to make the trip to Purdue and play those. I have heard nothing, but great things.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and Toast.

Toast.

Gold Member
May 10, 2011
Boulder CO
First can't stress the amazing weather I got my entire trip in Indiana. Wedding went off without a hitch, which was great because the folks involved worked their asses off for it. Mr. John Standeford was the officiant and he did a great job.

Calling the new IU course a mother****er is extremely accurate. After playing it I said, I have never paid for a prostitute before, but I just paid 80 bucks to get ****ed. Now I am not a great golfer. I have begun taking lessons in the past month or so and have really just been concentrating on my ball striking. I am absolutely horrendous around the greens and can not score to save my life.

It is a beautiful course. I can not wait to see it as the heather continues to grow. We played from the "backs" which is 6,700 yards. Many, many up hill drives on the par 4s. Once we hit some practice putts we knew it was going to be a rough day so we just said **** and went with it. No one got upset and just had a great time. I saw some taps go 30 feet past the hole.

$80.00 bucks is pretty fair right now considering you get access to the range and two practice par 3s for all day use in that $80.00. I look forward to seeing the B1G championship one day on that course and just knowing I have an idea of how tough it can be. Next trip to Indiana I really want to make the trip to Purdue and play those. I have heard nothing, but great things.
Ha pretty cool that Standeford officiated.

Playing 36 at Purdue would be a great day. Highly recommend. Then have some wings at Harry’s.