***Official 2020 B1G Off Season Thread***

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Call me crazy, but isn't the nature of football, with all of the traumatic injuries, inherently more risky than COVID-19?

Reactions: jwardelt

theetommyt

Mar 13, 2012
Call me crazy, but isn't the nature of football, with all of the traumatic injuries, inherently more risky than COVID-19?
No, not with the vital organs and system being possibly effected for life. It's one thing to have bad knees, it's another to have a bad heart, bad kindneys, lungs, endocrine system, etc. CTE and other nervous system injuries though are obviously that serious.Football is inherently more risky to long term health than cross country for sure, though.

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
No, not with the vital organs and system being possibly effected for life. It's one thing to have bad knees, it's another to have a bad heart, bad kindneys, lungs, endocrine system, etc. CTE and other nervous system injuries though are obviously that serious.Football is inherently more risky to long term health than cross country for sure, though.
I'm seeing a lot more people talk about the possible long-term effects of COVID. Residual effects that last a few months makes sense. However, for such a novel virus, I don't know how anyone can properly gauge whether the virus will effect someone for life. Perhaps. Just seems a little presumptuous. Chronic football injuries, however, aren't really debatable in that regard. We know it's happening, and it's hard to imagine anything worse than a head-related injury.

theetommyt

Mar 13, 2012
I'm seeing a lot more people talk about the possible long-term effects of COVID. Residual effects that last a few months makes sense. However, for such a novel virus, I don't know how anyone can properly gauge whether the virus will effect someone for life. Perhaps. Just seems a little presumptuous. Chronic football injuries, however, aren't really debatable in that regard. We know it's happening, and it's hard to imagine anything worse than a head-related injury.
Because it has caused permanent scaring in vital organs, that lasts a lifetime.

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
Ah, yes, but open campus!

MGC_07

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2016
Jaden Akins committing Thursday, spoiler alert, it’s MSU. He’s ranked 65 on Rivals but in state folks say he’s pretty underrated, should be top 50 supposedly, but they think all the state of Michigan kids (Pierre Brooks, Kobe Bufkin, and especially Akins) for this class are pretty nationally underrated.

Reactions: JRMSU and Sparty_0n

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
Jaden Akins committing Thursday, spoiler alert, it’s MSU. He’s ranked 65 on Rivals but in state folks say he’s pretty underrated, should be top 50 supposedly, but they think all the state of Michigan kids (Pierre Brooks, Kobe Bufkin, and especially Akins) for this class are pretty nationally underrated.
As expected

Reactions: JRMSU and Sparty_0n

Sparty_0n

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2019
I won't even pretend to know where he should be ranked nationally but his film along with the idea of playing with the talent we have coming next year, is pretty exciting.

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
A class of

Whitt
Bufkin
Barnes
Tschetter
Reid

would be pretty sick. If we miss out on Whitt I'm thinking it might end up grad transfer for 2021 and then Dug McDaniel in 2021.

MGC_07

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2016
A class of

Whitt
Bufkin
Barnes
Tschetter
Reid

would be pretty sick. If we miss out on Whitt I'm thinking it might end up grad transfer for 2021 and then Dug McDaniel in 2021.
Do you guys feel good about Whitt and Reid?

Gumbo02

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2005
So MSU will be at 14 with Akins. I assume though that Henry will be gone. Once a guy tests the waters and comes back he rarely sticks for two more years. That drops the number to 13.

If Emoni wants to come then what is the most practical scenario? I don't think Watts or Hauser are good enough to leave after next year. It also seems unlikely that one of Loyer/Bingham/Kithier would leave after their junior year and transfer. You rarely see that unless they are graduating in three years and can play right away. It seems like the most logical means would be for Marble to get passed on the depth chart and leave IF Bates wants to play with the 2021 class.

MGC_07

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2016
So MSU will be at 14 with Akins. I assume though that Henry will be gone. Once a guy tests the waters and comes back he rarely sticks for two more years. That drops the number to 13.

If Emoni wants to come then what is the most practical scenario? I don't think Watts or Hauser are good enough to leave after next year. It also seems unlikely that one of Loyer/Bingham/Kithier would leave after their junior year and transfer. You rarely see that unless they are graduating in three years and can play right away. It seems like the most logical means would be for Marble to get passed on the depth chart and leave IF Bates wants to play with the 2021 class.
Foster and Thomas will graduate after 3. Most our insiders expect Rocket gone after next year as well. So that requires those 2 gone and probably Foster Loyer gone or Kithier gone. Those 2 have been the most floated around by insiders. If Rocket stays then they’re both gone.

I guess we have to Crean people now.

Reactions: Gumbo02

MGC_07

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2016
Of course they are.
Their words, not mine. They have also said they thought state of Michigan kids we overrated nationally in the past, like Rocket Watts, Marcus Bingham, etc.

What they are saying isn’t a normal class, this is the first time I’ve seen them say a whole group of 3 instate were underrated. And one of them is committed to UM and they have no reason to say that for him

Reactions: RichardMassive

JRMSU

Gold Member
Nov 4, 2001

Henry is gone. Loyer is going to grad transfer, and we probably lose a big man to transfer unless Hauser goes pro.

both Loyer and kithier will graduate in 3 years. And assuming neither are in the two deep they are gone.

boakye is almost a lock to move to 2021 imo, so we need either 2 or 3 gone.

JRMSU

Gold Member
Nov 4, 2001
Foster and Thomas will graduate after 3. Most our insiders expect Rocket gone after next year as well. So that requires those 2 gone and probably Foster Loyer gone or Kithier gone. Those 2 have been the most floated around by insiders. If Rocket stays then they’re both gone.

I guess we have to Crean people now.
I’m not seeing or hearing rocket gone from anyone.

He’s best friends with Bates, if Bates is here in 2021 rocket is staying another year unless he’s a lottery pick (he won’t be).

Loyer is basically a lock to leave. Family already left the state, and he’s going to be our 4th string PG in 2021. Dude will grad transfer to a mid major, if kithier gets beat out by Marble or Bingham he will join him.

Reactions: KisteK

klize17

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2006
Sounds like Indiana (Bruiser Flint) or Illinois (Orlando Antigua) will be looking to replace an assistant coach.

boiler1987

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
Sounds like Indiana (Bruiser Flint) or Illinois (Orlando Antigua) will be looking to replace an assistant coach.
Seems like Antigua makes more sense at UK tbh since he’s been there before but I could be wrong.

Toast.

Gold Member
May 10, 2011
Boulder CO
Last night one of UMs main insiders said hes recently heard some good things about ums chances at Harrison Ingram. However, hes a top 50 wing/guard so hes not allowed to come to um.
I feel like if he can visit Michigan, it's gonna be his choice. Maybe even if he can't visit.

gowolverines8

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2005
I feel like if he can visit Michigan, it's gonna be his choice. Maybe even if he can't visit.
Hes not going be able to visit and um isn't going be his choice. FWIW some strange stuff out there that Ingram hasn't visited um before and thats false. UM was actually the original major out of state school on him and he visited after his frosh year for the UM elite camp. Yaklich got um in there early during the Jalen Wilson recruitment(same aau program). Communication stopped after Howard got hired and didn't pick up again until this past spring.

klize17

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2006
He's been decent, not a star recruiter. Ostrom has probably been a little better.
Ostrom has been the ace for sure especially for the instate kids. Ostrom was the lead for TJD and is for Kaufman while Flint was the lead on Keion

Toast.

Gold Member
May 10, 2011
Boulder CO
Hes not going be able to visit and um isn't going be his choice. FWIW some strange stuff out there that Ingram hasn't visited um before and thats false. UM was actually the original major out of state school on him and he visited after his frosh year for the UM elite camp. Yaklich got um in there early during the Dj Wilson recruitment(same aau program). Communication stopped after Howard got hired and didn't pick up again until this past spring.
Interesting.

MGC_07

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2016
I’m not seeing or hearing rocket gone from anyone.

He’s best friends with Bates, if Bates is here in 2021 rocket is staying another year unless he’s a lottery pick (he won’t be).

Loyer is basically a lock to leave. Family already left the state, and he’s going to be our 4th string PG in 2021. Dude will grad transfer to a mid major, if kithier gets beat out by Marble or Bingham he will join him.
I’ve read it on the home board from some mods that they expect him to be our leading scorer/gone after next year and given he will be in the primary ball handling role I don’t think that’s too far off. Dudes a straight scorer, and once he finally got healthy and adjusted he was doing just that, 17 point per game to end the season.

If Rocket doesn’t leave though, Henry is gone for sure and 2 scholarships open up from the Seniors, Langford and Hoiberg who was given one this year. So that requires 2 transfers, 1 will be Loyer, and I bet the other will be Kithier, but I could also see it being Marble, given that Sissoko, him, and Boayke cannot play on the floor at the same time together for spacing reasons and I assume those 2 will pass him on the depth chart.

Reactions: JRMSU

JRMSU

Gold Member
Nov 4, 2001
I’ve read it on the home board from some mods that they expect him to be our leading scorer/gone after next year and given he will be in the primary ball handling role I don’t think that’s too far off. Dudes a straight scorer, and once he finally got healthy and adjusted he was doing just that, 17 point per game to end the season.

If Rocket doesn’t leave though, Henry is gone for sure and 2 scholarships open up from the Seniors, Langford and Hoiberg who was given one this year. So that requires 2 transfers, 1 will be Loyer, and I bet the other will be Kithier, but I could also see it being Marble, given that Sissoko, him, and Boayke cannot play on the floor at the same time together for spacing reasons and I assume those 2 will pass him on the depth chart.
yeah I’d say kithier is most likely big to transfer followed by the loser between marble and Bingham. I just feel that marble could beat Bingham out and carve out some minutes.