***Official 2020 B1G Off Season Thread***

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
I like to make sure i've crossed all t's and dotted all i's so to speak so i don't say something stupid. Ya know...., as you did w/ your response.
you had to have that post open for like an hour. In the future, put less stock into my posts and waste lest time responding.

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
This is probably at least the 5th time he's been banned for posting racist things, and he still thinks he's not racist because he knows/knew black people.
He thinks he's not racist because his actions, beliefs is normal, for him. But his comments, i.e. "blacks vs american citizens.., etc", is a slip of the tongue, and a huge indicator that he indeed IS racist. That comment alone separates blacks from the rest of society.

Dude is a POS. He's probably the only poster in here that I genuinely did not/do not, like. I think he's a terrible person.

hawkit3113

Apr 14, 2011
Speaking of, Cockburn is reported to have contracted HIV from his current boyfriend. Per the 24/7 Illini mod

JRMSU

Gold Member
Nov 4, 2001

JDMEvergreen

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2012
Grand Rapids
michiganstate.rivals.com
you had to have that post open for like an hour. In the future, put less stock into my posts and waste lest time responding.
Easy big guy. I wasn't sitting itt.., or w/ my device, writing for any more than half the time you deduced. In the future, spend less time arrogantly..., aloofly so, telling others what to do and more time, idk, maybe responding to the actual content of what's put out there. Ik you can't help but get the last word in (compulsively), but try just moving on from this.

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
Easy big guy. I wasn't sitting itt.., or w/ my device, writing for any more than half the time you deduced. In the future, spend less time arrogantly..., aloofly so, telling others what to do and more time, idk, maybe responding to the actual content of what's put out there. Ik you can't help but get the last word in (compulsively), but try just moving on from this.
You literally replied to a post an hour after I deleted it which means you had it open for an hour. Do I mean that much to you?

Chicubsfan24

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
I would imagine we’re going to see it pushed back to the spring in the next few weeks.

Noahtogo24

Jan 6, 2015
You just simply can not.
I could see the P5 + Big east conferences trying to do a bubble, but no way the small conferences can do that- so will the NCAA tourney just be those 6 conferences then- and that's with of course no players in the big 6 conferences getting covid.

klize17

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2006
I could see the P5 + Big east conferences trying to do a bubble, but no way the small conferences can do that- so will the NCAA tourney just be those 6 conferences then- and that's with of course no players in the big 6 conferences getting covid.
No way you can put athletes only in a bubble still call them “student athletes” it isn’t going to happen.

Now with no football the schools also simply can not afford it. A college basketball program has about 35 people with players coaches managers doctors. They can’t afford to put that many people together for months at a time

Reactions: Noahtogo24

Noahtogo24

Jan 6, 2015
No way you can put athletes only in a bubble still call them “student athletes” it isn’t going to happen.

Now with no football the schools also simply can not afford it. A college basketball program has about 35 people with players coaches managers doctors. They can’t afford to put that many people together for months at a time
I agree with this- but think of all the revenue lost by the schools a second year without march madness (Pus the ncaa losing money). Additionally if no season in bball, going to be a sh*tshow for scholarships potentially next season after that.

klize17

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2006
I agree with this- but think of all the revenue lost by the schools a second year without march madness (Pus the ncaa losing money). Additionally if no season in bball, going to be a sh*tshow for scholarships potentially next season after that.
College sports as we all know them are going to be very different. No football equals shitshow for all programs for every sport going forward

Kids aren’t going to be getting years back in these sports. This was the nightmare no one wanted to believe would happen back in March

Noahtogo24

Jan 6, 2015
College sports as we all know them are going to be very different. No football equals shitshow for all programs for every sport going forward

Kids aren’t going to be getting years back in these sports. This was the nightmare no one wanted to believe would happen back in March
Valid, but to be fair, a precedent was already set- 2020 spring sports seniors got granted a extra year, so how can you deny that to the fall 2020 sports seniors?

klize17

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2006
Valid, but to be fair, a precedent was already set- 2020 spring sports seniors got granted a extra year, so how can you deny that to the fall 2020 sports seniors?
Those spring sport kids aren’t getting those back anymore I’d guess. You can throw anything said before now out the window

IUBtown

Mar 9, 2016
Honestly, what the fvck does this mean?
It has gotten to be too much, sports take in too much money and take up too much time while offering nothing of substance. It’s sad how much is wasted on nothing. People need to get back to more important things, that’s one good thing this pandemic has shown, what’s truly needed and what’s not.

Reactions: SNU0821

Chicubsfan24

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
It has gotten to be too much, sports take in too much money and take up too much time while offering nothing of substance. It’s sad how much is wasted on nothing. People need to get back to more important things, that’s one good thing this pandemic has shown, what’s truly needed and what’s not.
This is quite the epiphany from someone who stole all the entry fees to the board March madness bracket pool a few years ago (whether that was a bit or not, I don’t really care). I’m glad you’re the moral arbiter in the role sports should take in our society in the future. Much appreciated bud.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s likely going to go back to close to normal Post-pandemic (at least at the professional level). At the end of the day, sports and entertainment is this nations largest export, and there is a demand for it. Leagues are not going to stifle sports when there is a demand for it. The NCAA clearly needs to be restructured but I don’t think that’s the sentiment you were trying to get across.

Reactions: B-Westy