***Official 2020 B1G Off Season Thread***

buckymel

Oct 1, 2011
Brooklyn, New York
Team
Wisconsin
Ethan Happ played in Italy Basketball Serie A and just returned home last Thursday. Here's his experience in Italy and back home. I was saddened when he said that Italian hospitals were overcrowded and doctors would tell elderlies with COVID19 to go home and just treat younger patients.

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
in other news the lockers is taking advantage to the Virus as they have gone from $1.99 per lb to $3.99 per lb for hamburger.

on the other side gas on the spot market is $0.71 for the April contracts. who knows gas at the pump just might drop to $1.25 per gallon.

Toast.

Gold Member
May 10, 2011
Boulder CO
Ethan Happ played in Italy Basketball Serie A and just returned home last Thursday. Here's his experience in Italy and back home. I was saddened when he said that Italian hospitals were overcrowded and doctors would tell elderlies with COVID19 to go home and just treat younger patients.
Scary -- after playing at Wisconsin for 4 decades, Happ's gotta be in the most vulnerable age group.

boilerzz

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
So, did anyone else tell 47 employees today that they were unemployed? Because that is what Governer Dewine's decision to close bars and restaurants did to our brewery.

I'll be working without salary for as long as I can in hopes of having a business to reopen when this crisis ends.

Wish me luck.

VulvHa

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2003
Seems a$$ backwards to turn away the most vulnerable

VulvHa

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2003
So, did anyone else tell 47 employees today that they were unemployed? Because that is what Governer Dewine's decision to close bars and restaurants did to our brewery.

I'll be working without salary for as long as I can in hopes of having a business to reopen when this crisis ends.

Wish me luck.
Hope you pull through OK bud. Any chance the property ownership will suspend rent for the brewery until things are relatively back to normal?

Reactions: MGC_07

IUBtown

Mar 9, 2016

Wish me luck.
Hate it for ya, is that how many to operate the day to day restaurant/bar? I kept getting more liquid over the past few years thankfully in case the shut downs go even further.

theetommyt

Mar 13, 2012
To summarize the real first 2020 off-season thread: Purdue sucks, Iowa is bringing in the best walk-ons in history in next season.

OK now we can continue where we left off.

theetommyt

Mar 13, 2012

Wish me luck.
What kind of help can we give, if any?

Do you can or bottle? I'll buy.

Reactions: klize17

ScarletnGrayBuck

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2014
Columbus, Ohio

Wish me luck.
Will do. Gov. DeWine starting to get significant heat, not for trying to do whatever he can to help our state, but by not starting out by asking to space customers when they go to bar/restaurant instead of immediately closing everything.

SNU0821

Apr 1, 2013

Wish me luck.
Holy shit man. I give you lots of shit here, but that's just message board banter. This is real life stuff. Wishing you the best. Is there anything we can do to help? Can we order beer from you or something?

otte21

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012

Wish me luck.
Horrible man. I hope it all turns out well for you.

HoosierstuckinIowa

Mar 14, 2012
West Des Moines Iowa
Team
Indiana

Wish me luck.
That sucks dude.

I'm sure this would get tricky but I'd buy whatever and let you hand it out locally as you see fit. Probably legal issues with that but if you can find a way to do it I'm in...

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012

Wish me luck.
How much will it cost you to stay afloat for the next 8 weeks? I'm guessing we can help offset that as a group.

Reactions: SNU0821

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
Will do. Gov. DeWine starting to get significant heat, not for trying to do whatever he can to help our state, but by not starting out by asking to space customers when they go to bar/restaurant instead of immediately closing everything.
and this is the same governor that called out Trump for not doing to the whole country, because he knew how to react to the Virus, been a couple other Gov's doing the same,

can you imagine what would happened if Trump had done Nation wide what this Gov did.

Trump would have been sliced diced and tarred and feathered.

LetsGoHawks12

Oct 6, 2017
To summarize the real first 2020 off-season thread: Purdue sucks, Iowa is bringing in the best walk-ons in history in next season.

OK now we can continue where we left off.
Iowa’s 1 stars via rivals who score 20 ppg in Florida will propel Iowa to a National Championship appearance bit it’s Ulis the younger brother of Tyler that will put them over the top. Think I did that right

Reactions: theetommyt

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
nah you
Iowa’s 1 stars via rivals who score 20 ppg in Florida will propel Iowa to a National Championship appearance bit it’s Ulis the younger brother of Tyler that will put them over the top. Think I did that right
forgot 6'4 Perkins who was just named the MIC POY. plus is a finalist for the Indiana Mr. BB.

I said once before I will take those type of players out of Indiana any/every time.

he played in the strongest region in 4A with some of the best players in the state of Indiana out playing them all.

same with Ulis as he played in the toughest region in Illinois,
Keegan was named the most Outstanding Player at the National Invitational where they played the best talent in the country.

Keegan scored 36 points in a win over then #1 nationally ranked IMG Academy, in a span of 2 weeks he led DME Academy to wins over #7 Nationally Montverde and #9 Nationally ranked Woodstock Academy.

Keegan led DME in scoring, blocked shots, 2nd in Rebounding and 2nd in steals
Kris led the team in RPG, Steals @2.5 spg, 2nd in scoring, 2nd in assists.
looks like Fran found himself some diamonds in the rough
just like these

even Ogudele looks like another good find,

Jordan
Fredrick
White
Olaseni

pig1960

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2010

Wish me luck.
Wishing you the best brother.

boilerzz

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
Thanks for all the support guys. I’m fortunate that I’ve made a lot of smart financial decisions in my life so I’m good.

That said, I don’t have enough faith in our government officials to continue pumping money into the business for long. To take such drastic measures that affect the livelihood of so many Americans when only 61 people have died in the US (and none in Ohio) is terrifying.

We’ll do a little bit of carry out business (sorry, can’t ship) and our spirits can still sell thru state liquor stores until the Governor closes them too. Between the 2 (and a hopeful respite from the bank), we should be ok for a while.

Reactions: MGC_07 and SNU0821