***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m not worried. Fran isn’t getting top talent out of Indiana.
does need them when he can get Cook out of Missouri and Iowa producing more to talent instate.

it just became a lock that Foster is going to commit to Iowa has he got that 5th * and then dropped like a rock to #40 curious to see how far he ends up dropping once he commits. just like every Iowa commit and kids from the state of Iowa.

25 pages behind...

giphy.gif

does need them when he can get Cook out of Missouri and Iowa producing more to talent instate.

it just became a lock that Foster is going to commit to Iowa has he got that 5th * and then dropped like a rock to #40 curious to see how far he ends up dropping once he commits. just like every Iowa commit and kids from the state of Iowa.

Foster dropping like a rock? Must be a white kid.

Foster dropping like a rock? Must be a white kid.
nope he is black his fault is he is a Iowa kid and does not have a offer from Duke or UNCheats to justify a high ranking.

early in the year 247 crystal ball looked like this 4 for Iowa and 1 for Kentucky and just a few weeks ago the one for Kentucky flipped to Iowa,

New Albany wifes family in Fort Wayne so i'm up and down often.
You live in New Albany? Wow. I went to school there; then transferred to Borden. Did not know you live in New Albany. I live about 30 miles north of NA.

Good point about Cook - a guy who would rather languish in Europe than finish his eligibility in Iowa City.
Cook was a 4 year guy who thought he was going to be drafted after just 1 year.

yes he was very athletic but it takes more than being athletic to go to the NBA. if he does get drafted it will be on projection for the future,
White for Iowa was drafted and stashed in Europe by the Wizards and after 2 years they have called him back to play in the NBA.

this could happen with Cook be a 2nd round draft and stash type of situation, its doesn't hurt the team either. if Cook develops further in Europe then they can recall him. or they can move on.

Is Gardo already thinking he isn't getting JJ? Seems like he offered quite a few kids over the last month. And FWIW, the pessimist in me doesn't think he's getting him.

We won’t get Johnson. Recent offers have been ‘21 and ‘22, no effect on anything Johnson related. They’ll open a spot for him if a miracle happens regardless. Still need a big for ‘20. Carlson seems like top priority. Lewis maybe next in line for offer. Or Crowl.

Reactions: buckymel
The Athletic got some candid takes from NBA scouts. Below are evaluations of B1G players.

https://theathletic.com/1026141/201...n-2019-nba-draft-prospects/?source=dailyemail

Ignas Brazdeikis, 6-7 forward, Michigan, 20. “I’m not a huge fan. He measured smaller than I thought. He’s not all that athletic. I don’t think he can guard a 4, and right now doesn’t have the ability to play the 3. I don’t like drafting Michigan players because I think John Beilein takes average players and makes them look terrific. His guys get drafted high but don’t do much in our league. Lateral quickness is a question. He was terrific the first month of the season, but I don’t know what happened to him. He did not shoot the ball well in the workout I saw. What does he do to really stand out on an NBA floor? He’s a streaky shooter but not a bad one.”

Carsen Edwards, 6-1 guard, Purdue, 21. “I love that kid. He’ll have a place in the NBA because he can score. If you’re looking for him to do more than that you’re going to be disappointed. His size will be problematic. Can he be a Fred VanVleet? I don’t think you can play him at the point. He can’t run a team. At Purdue they ran him off a hundred screens and let him play and not have to think. Is he Isaiah Thomas? Is he Eddie House? He’ll be picked on defensively.”

Bruno Fernando, 6-10 forward, Maryland, 20. “I’m more of a Bruno Fernando guy than most of our staff. He measured a little smaller than I thought, but I think over time he’s going to become a more than capable shooter. He rebounds, runs the floor, plays with energy. His basketball IQ has to come up a little bit, but he’s a willing passer. He’s a sneaky good shooter from 15, 17 feet. He can finish lobs and has a decent midpost game. He should be Montrezl Harrell, but I don’t think he has a motor like that. I think the game could get easier for him at the NBA level because people won’t make him post up.”

Ethan Happ, 6-10 forward, Wisconsin, 23. “I love this dude, but he can’t make a shot. Really good passer. When he goes up against size, he has problems. He’ll go to Europe. The way the game is played today, I don’t see it. Best I can say is he would be a perfect stretch 5 in the G League. The guy can’t make a free throw. Unbelievable college player, but I can’t get there as an NBA guy.”

Romeo Langford, 6-6 guard, Indiana, 19. “His shot is fixable, but he has to want to get after it and be enthusiastic, and I haven’t seen that so far. I expected more, but I know he played all year with a bad thumb. He can become better as a shooter, but I don’t know if he’ll ever be great at it. His shooting isn’t broken, it just needs work. He played with one hand all year and still scored 17 a game. He’s got that calm demeanor that leaves you wanting more, but you can’t argue with the production. We didn’t really find out until after the season how bad the hand was. He had surgery on his right thumb.”

Charles Matthews, 6-6 guard, Michigan, 22. “Breaks my heart that the kid just tore his ACL. He was borderline before the injury. Now I can’t imagine who would draft him. I don’t see anything there. If you’re a wing in our league you have to be able to shoot, and he doesn’t have that yet. He’s more of a two-way guy who you develop. When you don’t improve your jumper after playing for Beilein, that’s a troubling sign. He’s going to have to make it defensively.”

Jordan Poole, 6-5 guard, Michigan, 19. “He should have stayed in school. Doesn’t handle the ball in terms of being to attack off the dribble. He’s going to have to take the long route to the NBA, probably through the G League. Not a fan. Good size but not a great athlete. I’m not convinced he loves basketball. Smooth as heck. Can really pass it. I think he can be a point guard if he gets stronger. Needs to get better as a defender but he’s good. He’s smaller than I thought, really lean and thin. Toughness is his biggest question. I question his decision-making. I thought he was good at times, but at other times I thought Michigan lost games because he was a train wreck.”

The Athletic got some candid takes from NBA scouts. Below are evaluations of B1G players.

https://theathletic.com/1026141/201...n-2019-nba-draft-prospects/?source=dailyemail

Ignas Brazdeikis, 6-7 forward, Michigan, 20. “I’m not a huge fan. He measured smaller than I thought. He’s not all that athletic. I don’t think he can guard a 4, and right now doesn’t have the ability to play the 3. I don’t like drafting Michigan players because I think John Beilein takes average players and makes them look terrific. His guys get drafted high but don’t do much in our league. Lateral quickness is a question. He was terrific the first month of the season, but I don’t know what happened to him. He did not shoot the ball well in the workout I saw. What does he do to really stand out on an NBA floor? He’s a streaky shooter but not a bad one.”

Carsen Edwards, 6-1 guard, Purdue, 21. “I love that kid. He’ll have a place in the NBA because he can score. If you’re looking for him to do more than that you’re going to be disappointed. His size will be problematic. Can he be a Fred VanVleet? I don’t think you can play him at the point. He can’t run a team. At Purdue they ran him off a hundred screens and let him play and not have to think. Is he Isaiah Thomas? Is he Eddie House? He’ll be picked on defensively.”

Bruno Fernando, 6-10 forward, Maryland, 20. “I’m more of a Bruno Fernando guy than most of our staff. He measured a little smaller than I thought, but I think over time he’s going to become a more than capable shooter. He rebounds, runs the floor, plays with energy. His basketball IQ has to come up a little bit, but he’s a willing passer. He’s a sneaky good shooter from 15, 17 feet. He can finish lobs and has a decent midpost game. He should be Montrezl Harrell, but I don’t think he has a motor like that. I think the game could get easier for him at the NBA level because people won’t make him post up.”

Ethan Happ, 6-10 forward, Wisconsin, 23. “I love this dude, but he can’t make a shot. Really good passer. When he goes up against size, he has problems. He’ll go to Europe. The way the game is played today, I don’t see it. Best I can say is he would be a perfect stretch 5 in the G League. The guy can’t make a free throw. Unbelievable college player, but I can’t get there as an NBA guy.”

Romeo Langford, 6-6 guard, Indiana, 19. “His shot is fixable, but he has to want to get after it and be enthusiastic, and I haven’t seen that so far. I expected more, but I know he played all year with a bad thumb. He can become better as a shooter, but I don’t know if he’ll ever be great at it. His shooting isn’t broken, it just needs work. He played with one hand all year and still scored 17 a game. He’s got that calm demeanor that leaves you wanting more, but you can’t argue with the production. We didn’t really find out until after the season how bad the hand was. He had surgery on his right thumb.”

Charles Matthews, 6-6 guard, Michigan, 22. “Breaks my heart that the kid just tore his ACL. He was borderline before the injury. Now I can’t imagine who would draft him. I don’t see anything there. If you’re a wing in our league you have to be able to shoot, and he doesn’t have that yet. He’s more of a two-way guy who you develop. When you don’t improve your jumper after playing for Beilein, that’s a troubling sign. He’s going to have to make it defensively.”

Jordan Poole, 6-5 guard, Michigan, 19. “He should have stayed in school. Doesn’t handle the ball in terms of being to attack off the dribble. He’s going to have to take the long route to the NBA, probably through the G League. Not a fan. Good size but not a great athlete. I’m not convinced he loves basketball. Smooth as heck. Can really pass it. I think he can be a point guard if he gets stronger. Needs to get better as a defender but he’s good. He’s smaller than I thought, really lean and thin. Toughness is his biggest question. I question his decision-making. I thought he was good at times, but at other times I thought Michigan lost games because he was a train wreck.”

Ethan Happ the perfect stretch 5 in the G league? RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughWhat the fvck?

survivor1.gif

Reactions: KisteK and boilerzz

That blurb on Romeo describes exactly what I thought would be the issue with him last year.

Kid shows no intensity or enthusiasm. Just kinda “happy to be here” type mentality. He just seems so bored.

That blurb on Romeo describes exactly what I thought would be the issue with him last year.

Kid shows no intensity or enthusiasm. Just kinda “happy to be here” type mentality. He just seems so bored.
I'd argue you're focused on the wrong part. The part where the scout acknowledged he produced at a high level even with a hand injury that required surgery, to me was more interesting. People here dogged him all year. Kid had an injury to his shooting hand and played through it all year and still scored 17 ppg. There hasn't been anything suggested, anywhere, that the kid isn't an extremely hard worker. Just because he doesn't show emotion like some others isn't indicative or anything, really.

Funny, you bitch when Thomas Bryant yells after every play and now bitch when Romeo does the exact opposite.

there are more players that don't show emotion that just do what they just react like they have done it before. vs players that need to shall say make a scene like it was the 1st time.

kinda like when a fb player makes a play when they are supposed to make the play then strut around like a little bity Banty Rooster in a hen house full of Leghorns like he is some stud.

ADVERTISEMENT