ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Its crazy how much Nebraska is choking. I can't believe some of the poor play and decision making they've exhibited the last two games. That win or go home pressure has really effected them. Thank God Indiana proceeded to get really sloppy with the ball last night. 2 weeks ago, I think the Huskers would've won that game by 25. Sucks the Huskers are playing tight. Hopefully they can play a bit more loose vs. Penn State.

Devonte Green tonight: 2-6, 4 points, 6 turnovers. Like I said, incredibly inconsistent. He just needs to learn how to make the simple play. This is the Big Ten, not high school ball.

IU fans understand that all too well. Problem is right now there isn’t another option. Newkirk is worse. If Green sticks around he will either have to learn or play Purdue game minutes

IU fans understand that all too well. Problem is right now there isn’t another option. Newkirk is worse. If Green sticks around he will either have to learn or play Purdue game minutes

How’s Reno?

Its crazy how much Nebraska is choking. I can't believe some of the poor play and decision making they've exhibited the last two games. That win or go home pressure has really effected them. Thank God Indiana proceeded to get really sloppy with the ball last night. 2 weeks ago, I think the Huskers would've won that game by 25. Sucks the Huskers are playing tight. Hopefully they can play a bit more loose vs. Penn State.

Both teams were real bad last night. Kudos to Nebraska for gutting it out when they needed it

Part of me kinda wants him to just rest against Indiana. I mean it looks like winning the B1G regular season championship isn't gonna happen and we aren't the same team with him playing the way he's been the past 3-4 games (since after the Iowa game). If we rest him against Indiana, he will have a solid 10ish days off to rest and get his body prepared for hopefully a few B1G tourney games and a deep NCAA tourney run.

I don’t think so. Yes he really needs rest, but as improbable as it seems, if OSU wins @Indiana and MSU loses @Wisconsin...OSU can also claim the B1G championship and the #1 seed. You gotta go after that no matter what. It could actually happen. lol

He will go pro. He is an All American and a second round pick. He plays for Ohio State. They do the right thing with their hoop players. His greatest value is collecting a paycheck for playing hoops.

Meanwhile Ethan Happ will come back to Wisconsin because they have a backwards culture where pro ball is frowned upon. Ethan could collect at worst 200k in Europe (but I think he could last a couple years on an NBA bench), but he will come to Wisconsin and waste a year of his life getting paid for basketball for the glory of a 10 seed in the 2019 NCAA.

I think he’s leaving also. Would love to see him have a really good tournament and sneak into the first round.

Last year of the college experience is worth more than 200K and not a “waste of a year”, imo.

He has already had four years of "the college experience". He is a team captain. He will graduate soon. He can participate in Senior Night.

Next year is basically redundant. There is nothing new to experience (especially with that crew returning).

Throwing money down the drain.

Love it. It got cold after mid 60s all February, but it’s sunny 85% of the year so I can deal with cold and sun
Was just looking at flights out there for Tahoe for a long weekend in April, but couldn't pull the trigger. The only flights that were cheap were at inconvenient times, and the good times were really expensive. And I was just looking for a little trip with at most one day of PTO, so scrapped it and got a cabin in CO instead.

Want to check it out at some point.

Was just looking at flights out there for Tahoe for a long weekend in April, but couldn't pull the trigger. The only flights that were cheap were at inconvenient times, and the good times were really expensive. And I was just looking for a little trip with at most one day of PTO, so scrapped it and got a cabin in CO instead.

Want to check it out at some point.

Coming from Denver right? Really Southwest is the best bet. I have looked into Frontier, but best price ends up being Southwest. Non-stop is in the 106-112 range I believe. I am looking to take a summer trip to Denver. Been checking Red Rocks summer lineup to see if any dates will work out. I have always wanted to catch a show there.

We have made a couple of day trips up until this point to Tahoe. Its just absolutely beautiful. South Lake is a much different vibe than North Lake, but both are beautiful places.

It hasn't been a good year for skiers but I took my dad there on Saturday and it could not have been a better day. My co-workers and I have a place rented out for Fourth of July, so I am looking forward to spending four days there during the summer.

Reactions: KisteK
Coming from Denver right? Really Southwest is the best bet. I have looked into Frontier, but best price ends up being Southwest. Non-stop is in the 106-112 range I believe. I am looking to take a summer trip to Denver. Been checking Red Rocks summer lineup to see if any dates will work out. I have always wanted to catch a show there.

We have made a couple of day trips up until this point to Tahoe. Its just absolutely beautiful. South Lake is a much different vibe than North Lake, but both are beautiful places.

It hasn't been a good year for skiers but I took my dad there on Saturday and it could not have been a better day. My co-workers and I have a place rented out for Fourth of July, so I am looking forward to spending four days there during the summer.
Southwest is my first stop for flights, and the issue was that all flights back from Reno to Denver on Sunday were 250+. If I'm doing a little 3 day weekend, I'm not gonna spend ~400 for a flight.

Good info though. I'd love to go during the summer to enjoy the lake and do some hiking, as I don't really care enough about skiing to fly somewhere when I have all the skiing I want right here.

I personally recommend Boulder more so than Denver. To me, Denver is a pretty standard big city. Definitely would agree that red rocks is worth going to.
Way too much, but I honestly do not care as much as others. The most annoying part was the BTN coverage showing them after every damn basket.
Yeah, don't care much, but they look like morons.

Reactions: klize17
Southwest is my first stop for flights, and the issue was that all flights back from Reno to Denver on Sunday were 250+. If I'm doing a little 3 day weekend, I'm not gonna spend ~400 for a flight.

Good info though. I'd love to go during the summer to enjoy the lake and do some hiking, as I don't really care enough about skiing to fly somewhere when I have all the skiing I want right here.

I personally recommend Boulder more so than Denver. To me, Denver is a pretty standard big city. Definitely would agree that red rocks is worth going to.

Yeah, don't care much, but they look like morons.

Yeah the Sunday fly back is ridiculous expensive. I am flying home in May for the race and doing a Wednesday to Wednesday. It ended up being 370 round trip which is a damn good deal to Indy and back. I am taking the last possible flight from Reno to Indy and vice versa, but I can live off only 5 hours of sleep if needed.

I have been to Denver a couple of times. Went back to back summers when the Mile High Music Festival was a thing, but I was 21-22 and just wanted to drink. I did spend some time on Colorado's campus and it was great. I want to get back and do more than what I have done in the past.

What is the deal with the message that pops up preventing you from posting, saying post is spam/contains inappropriate material? Is anyone else getting this? Tired of this crap.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Devonte Green tonight: 2-6, 4 points, 6 turnovers. Like I said, incredibly inconsistent. He just needs to learn how to make the simple play. This is the Big Ten, not high school ball.
If I had a dollar for everytime I yelled this---------------Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Just make the simple play.

Frustrating loss. A game we absolutely should have won.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
Well by my calculations, if we beat OSU, we will be the 6th seed.

While checking this Minnesota 19 Iowa 2 score before I start work, I cant help but reminisce back to the good ole days when my good friend Giligan would be letting us know who was shooting out of their ass and just how bad the refs were screwing Iowa.

Miss you buddy, return soon!

BTW, nitewing said he isn't posting on here for a while and hawkeye bb n fb fan privately messaged me saying that he got banned 3 days for posting a tweet in football soundoff that showed a tit via a wardrobe malfunction at the Olympics. That was 2 days ago so he should be back tomorrow. I won't be posting on here, so for once an Iowa game shouldn't take up 3 pages. Have a great night you guys

Alright, what exactly happened to Gil? Sorry if I’m ignorant I just have no clue

My reaction to this game, and frankly, the whole Iowa season
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT