ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Sad very winnable game.

On to Ohio State Hopefully a much better performance at home on Robert Johnson, Collin Hartman and Freddie McSwain night

(Newkirk and Priller) bye

After a loss against UM seemed like an impossibility is now official. Michigan State Spartans, Big Ten Champs.

Tom Izzo after the game: "And we want to win [the conference] outright, something that hasn't been done that often."

Yeah, I mean, other than the past five years in a row, it's been pretty rare. There's been two shared titles in the past 15 years.
Wow I would have thought it would be higher than 2 shared titles out of the last 15.

Tom Izzo after the game: "And we want to win [the conference] outright, something that hasn't been done that often."

Yeah, I mean, other than the past five years in a row, it's been pretty rare. There's been two shared titles in the past 15 years.
Ehh, he is just trying to get his team hyped to win it outright. He’s just happy that they are Big Ten Champs

They can, the owners just wouldn’t let them go, so if you wanted to go you would have had to retire. KHL guys are there though because the Russians aren’t ******ed.

Really dumb IMO. I want to see the best of the best.

Reactions: KisteK
Gotta respect Nebraska's crowd. Good atmosphere for a football school. Kinda sad comparing to place like Penn State.

Honestly has to do with nearly 300,000 people living in Lincoln. Its a big enough market to draw strong crowds on a random Tuesday with 6 inches of snow on the ground.

Just to show how perception becomes reality - Blind Resume time

Resume A
0-8 vs tournament teams
4 losses to non tournament teams
0-9 vs quadrant 1
2-1 vs quadrant 2
9-1 quadrant 3
5-2 quadrant 4

Resume B
4-11 vs tournament teams
3 losses to non tournament teams
4-12 quadrant 1
3-2 Q2
5-2 Q3
6-0 Q4

Who has the better resume?

Devonte Green tonight: 2-6, 4 points, 6 turnovers. Like I said, incredibly inconsistent. He just needs to learn how to make the simple play. This is the Big Ten, not high school ball.

Just to show how perception becomes reality - Blind Resume time

Resume A
0-8 vs tournament teams
4 losses to non tournament teams
0-9 vs quadrant 1
2-1 vs quadrant 2
9-1 quadrant 3
5-2 quadrant 4

Resume B
4-11 vs tournament teams
3 losses to non tournament teams
4-12 quadrant 1
3-2 Q2
5-2 Q3
6-0 Q4

Who has the better resume?

A i feel like is Indiana or Maryland. B is Penn State?

Also B has the better resume, unless its Penn State. Penn State can go fvck itself with a rusty fork.

Reactions: WheelerG
I'm starting to get the impression that you don't care for Penn St.

giphy.gif

If the measurements Im seeing are correct, I see no real reason at all Juwan Morgan shouldnt enter the draft.

Hes an inch taller than KDB, younger than KBD, and is so skilled Crean ran him as the point in pick and rolls last season a decent amount.

Hes now flashed the ability to shoot and he will need to start practicing NBA range 3s anyways to get muscle memory down so no real need for him to have to prove over a larger sample size he can shoot college 3s.

I have not seen him turn up in any mock drafts lately but (unless his wingspan is Trex like or he has someother hidden wart Im unaware of)I would be surprised if he doesnt enter the draft without an agent, go through the process and workouts, and end up making a Donovan Mitchell/DJ Wilson esque rise into the teens of the first round.

If the Buckeyes finish 2nd there's a decent chance we could get Penn State as our first game in the tournament. I don't know what it is about that team but they just have our number. I think I'm okay with not playing them lol.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
If the measurements Im seeing are correct, I see no real reason at all Juwan Morgan shouldnt enter the draft.

Hes an inch taller than KDB, younger than KBD, and is so skilled Crean ran him as the point in pick and rolls last season a decent amount.

Hes now flashed the ability to shoot and he will need to start practicing NBA range 3s anyways to get muscle memory down so no real need for him to have to prove over a larger sample size he can shoot college 3s.

I have not seen him turn up in any mock drafts lately but (unless his wingspan is Trex like or he has someother hidden wart Im unaware of)I would be surprised if he doesnt enter the draft without an agent, go through the process and workouts, and end up making a Donovan Mitchell/DJ Wilson esque rise into the teens of the first round.

KBD backtracked slightly about the draft at sr. night last night. Said reason he participated in sr. night is because he already graduated early. Said he’s made no decision about draft yet and he said coming back from missing all last year with his injury has been harder physically than he thought. The last few games you can tell he’s pretty worn out. But, I’d be very surprised if he stayed for his final year.

He’ll put his name in but don’t see him leaving and him “running” the point was classic awful Crean and there is a reason it isn’t done now

KBD backtracked slightly about the draft at sr. night last night. Said reason he participated in sr. night is because he already graduated early. Said he’s made no decision about draft yet and he said coming back from missing all last year with his injury has been harder physically than he thought. The last few games you can tell he’s pretty worn out. But, I’d be very surprised if he stayed for his final year.

Part of me kinda wants him to just rest against Indiana. I mean it looks like winning the B1G regular season championship isn't gonna happen and we aren't the same team with him playing the way he's been the past 3-4 games (since after the Iowa game). If we rest him against Indiana, he will have a solid 10ish days off to rest and get his body prepared for hopefully a few B1G tourney games and a deep NCAA tourney run.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck

He will go pro. He is an All American and a second round pick. He plays for Ohio State. They do the right thing with their hoop players. His greatest value is collecting a paycheck for playing hoops.

Meanwhile Ethan Happ will come back to Wisconsin because they have a backwards culture where pro ball is frowned upon. Ethan could collect at worst 200k in Europe (but I think he could last a couple years on an NBA bench), but he will come to Wisconsin and waste a year of his life getting paid for basketball for the glory of a 10 seed in the 2019 NCAA.

He will go pro. He is an All American and a second round pick. He plays for Ohio State. They do the right thing with their hoop players. His greatest value is collecting a paycheck for playing hoops.

Meanwhile Ethan Happ will come back to Wisconsin because they have a backwards culture where pro ball is frowned upon. Ethan could collect at worst 200k in Europe (but I think he could last a couple years on an NBA bench), but he will come to Wisconsin and waste a year of his life getting paid for basketball for the glory of a 10 seed in the 2019 NCAA.

Last year of the college experience is worth more than 200K and not a “waste of a year”, imo.

Was he referring to MSU or the league?

ADVERTISEMENT