ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

So why didn't they help Northwestern beat MSU?
MSU needs to win to get the best possible seed, I have watched BB since the 60's and it happens every year at the end of the season, teams get wins where they should have lost to get certain teams into the post season then they win to get the highest seed possible all in the name of getting as money as they can.

money drives the conference. you would think knowing how much each conference gets from having teams in, this means more teams more money. the higher the seed usually mean a better chance at moving on as with each win they get more money.

like it or not when CBS signed a BILLION DOLLAR Contract to cover these games the cheating by the conferences ramped up big time, wouldn't you with all that money available?

follow the money just follow the money. you think that schools use money to get players? well conferences uses the same tactic to get teams into the post season.

MSU needs to win to get the best possible seed, I have watched BB since the 60's and it happens every year at the end of the season, teams get wins where they should have lost to get certain teams into the post season then they win to get the highest seed possible all in the name of getting as money as they can.

money drives the conference. you would think knowing how much each conference gets from having teams in, this means more teams more money. the higher the seed usually mean a better chance at moving on as with each win they get more money.

like it or not when CBS signed a BILLION DOLLAR Contract to cover these games the cheating by the conferences ramped up big time, wouldn't you with all that money available?
So why didn't Purdue beat Wisconsin?

Damn. I would have bet a lot of money that you were no older than 15

So why didn't Purdue beat Wisconsin?
not every thing goes as planned and Purdue is pretty well set as to their seed which should be 1 of the top 4 seed in one of the regions by the way congrats on a great season.

tenor.gif

Didn’t get to watch any of the game so just started really looking forward to see this cheat job but the refs

Reactions: SNU0821
lets make this real simple each conference gets 100000 dollars for each team that reaches the NCAAT then they get 100000 dollars for each win those teams win. have not looked at the standings yet but right now the BT should have 5 BT teams in the NCAAT, that = half a million dollars just for making the NCAAT, with each win the BT looks to make a HALF A MILLION DOLLARS.

now do you want to tell me that is not enough incentive? to tinker with out come of certain games,
getting teams into the NIT the conferences get more money. just a short time ago it was looking like the BT would get at most 4 teams in now it is looking like 5 teams are going to make it, not to bad of a incentive in getting that 5th team in to collect a extra Hundred THOUSAND Dollars.

lets make this real simple each conference gets 100000 dollars for each team that reaches the NCAAT then they get 100000 dollars for each win those teams win. have not looked at the standings yet but right now the BT should have 5 BT teams in the NCAAT, that = half a million dollars just for making the NCAAT, with each win the BT looks to make a HALF A MILLION DOLLARS.

now do you want to tell me that is not enough incentive? to tinker with out come of certain games,
getting teams into the NIT the conferences get more money. just a short time ago it was looking like the BT would get at most 4 teams in now it is looking like 5 teams are going to make it, not to bad of a incentive in getting that 5th team in to collect a extra Hundred THOUSAND Dollars.
$100,000...Man that's chump change for them

Yea weird that he was 2-4 from 3, with 5 assists, and 4 rebounds today. Total bum.

He's been in a bit of a slump lately. Kinda like Dakota Mathias has been the last few games. It happens.

Which are you, dumb or troll or equal partsboth?

Turge wearing a tie. Maryland looks good with an early 10-0 lead. Still not sure if coincidence.

....I think it could be a harbinger of things to come. That tie might be magical.

Certainly more likely than the fact they are playing Rutgers.

Reactions: KisteK
Soooooooooooooooo. Let me get this straight. The "refs" screwed Iowa? Ven though Iowa shot 22 FT's to Indiana's 9? Or that IU was whistled for 19 fouls....Iowa 15? Or that Iowa had no players with more than three fouls, yet two IU's starters had 5(Smith) and 4(Morgan)?

Well, guess one thing is for sure. They(officials) certainly hid their bias very, very well.

:D

Doooooooooooooooooooo whaaaaaaaaaaat? You think the fix is on over $500 thousand dollars? Obviously you have no idea how big a money making machine college sports are. Basketball revenue is a drop in the bucket.

I mean Hoooooooooooooooooooly Shit, batman.

Two of our better players, Smith and Morgan, were limited due to foul trouble. But the "refs" were out to get Iowa?

Jesus.

Soooooooooooooooo. Let me get this straight. The "refs" screwed Iowa? Ven though Iowa shot 22 FT's to Indiana's 9? Or that IU was whistled for 19 fouls....Iowa 15? Or that Iowa had no players with more than three fouls, yet two IU's starters had 5(Smith) and 4(Morgan)?

Well, guess one thing is for sure. They(officials) certainly hid their bias very, very well.

:D

Right? Haha

Big game for osu today. I don’t think they have a great chance at winning but it would be huge if they somehow found a way to steal the game. It has been a great season but unfortunately I think they have peaked.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
I believe I set MSU'S over under for losses at two. Looks like a good call

True but man it seems like they’ve won a ton of close games for the last month and a half lol. Them and Purdue are still the best in the b10 but I don’t trust any team in the country. Going to be tough picking the bracket this year imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT