ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

I've been out of town...I just realized Purdue lost..........WTF? I had basketballl last night, late travel. had to be up at 7am for a webinar. Then had an association meeting. Missed all kinds of hoops. Had no idea Purdue lost. Jesus.

It was bad. That’s all you need to know.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
He's a capable shooter. Shot 45% as a soph. For his career he's at 38%. Just been a tough season. But he is the one guy for IU that is more than capable of having a game like this.
I just told my dad I've been waiting for a have where he goes 5-7 or something like that from 3. His shot has looked better, more confident, in rhythm lately. 9-12 though, I guess I forgot about Iowa's defense.

Dude I think you may need a break from the computer for a bit. Your obsession is really unhealthy, and it's sad considering how wrong you are too.

Meh maybe. Only because MSU fans shouldnt have to keep waiding thru my hate posts. Hes still a pos though.

I just told my dad I've been waiting for a have where he goes 5-7 or something like that from 3. His shot has looked better, more confident, in rhythm lately. 9-12 though, I guess I forgot about Iowa's defense.
I was talking to one of my buddies about the same thing: Johnson is just due. When he his first two, I was like----This dude might not miss today. YHou could just see it. He was consistent with is form, and release. Nothing was rushed. Looked like Robert Johnson of old.

While I’m boasting about my Hoosiers prediction, I’ll give it to @Mgkcbb for calling Purdue being much better offensively. I didnt think it was gonna happen. Good call sir.

giphy.gif
Remind me what Fran has done in the tournament versus Painter. I guarantee you every non-Purdue/Iowa fan would take Painter over Fran in a heartbeat.

What does this even mean you troll?
You beat NW by 5 at home. We won by 5 on the road when they were on fire from deep. But I gues that doesn’t mean anything to you. Don’t you think there is a reason your own fan base doesn’t even recognize you?

Reactions: SpartanRock
If you are being investigated for sexual misconduct you are suspended off my team. If cleared you can come back. If you are investigated again for another offense you’re gone no questions asked
Meh, I dunno. It only takes one person who you piss off to make a false accusation. I think it's better to gather information, and go from there. When I was a junior in HS, we had a teammate who didn't have the best reputation. But I went to a small school, and Coach just simply didn't cut people. Anyways.........we were on a road trip, and a teammates necklace comes up missing. Everyone, hell even me, felt "Ron" took it. We even spoke to coach about it and wanted him off the team. Coach says----"everyone is due the benefit of doubt". Two days late, the school we played called and said a necklace had been found in our locker room. Was anyone missing a necklace??

I get the two accusations are not the same. But the principal is. You ust cant go kicking kids off teams, suspending them etc, etc...over hearsay, runors, etc, etc...JMO.

While I’m boasting about my Hoosiers prediction, I’ll give it to @Mgkcbb for calling Purdue being much better offensively. I didnt think it was gonna happen. Good call sir.

If we’re bragging about predictions I said Cowan was better than Jesus Bohannon. Literally one of the few bright spots in this shit season.

Reactions: SNU0821

I was also wrong on that one. I thought they'd struggle a bit more, but they have exceeded my expectations. Morgan is a stud

Reactions: SNU0821
If we’re bragging about predictions I said Cowan was better than Jesus Bohannon. Literally one of the few bright spots in this shit season.
Cowan is really good. He's going to be a good one for you guys. Bohannon woud be better served at the '2". But today, Green/JOhnson just locked him up.

Cowan is really good. He's going to be a good one for you guys. Bohannon woud be better served at the '2". But today, Green/JOhnson just locked him up.
Bs prepared for a response from nitewing. Whenever I suggest that, I get yelled at and called a hater and non-fan

You have to be wrong to be a troll. You know, like saying Josh Lanhford is a good player or something crazy stupid like that.

Yea weird that he was 2-4 from 3, with 5 assists, and 4 rebounds today. Total bum.

He's been in a bit of a slump lately. Kinda like Dakota Mathias has been the last few games. It happens.

Reactions: KisteK
Bs prepared for a response from nitewing. Whenever I suggest that, I get yelled at and called a hater and non-fan
I don't take anything that dude says seriously. Bohannon was a non-factor today until late. Up till then, he was completely shut down.

Iowa's defensive efficiency is 108.8. No Big Ten team in the 17 year history of KenPom has ever had a defensive efficiency that high.
Update - Iowa's defensive efficiency is now 109.5, good for 253rd in the country and far and away the worst the Big Ten has seen in the 17 year history of KenPom.

Remind me what Fran has done in the tournament versus Painter. I guarantee you every non-Purdue/Iowa fan would take Painter over Fran in a heartbeat.
this is may be true but right now Fran is not going anywhere and some year the refs won't steal the games from Iowa like they did today. but whatever it takes to get as many teams into post season play as the more teams they get in the more money the BT Gets.
Iowa just happened to be the sacrificial lamb.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
this is may be true but right now Fran is not going anywhere and some year the refs won't steal the games from Iowa like they did today. but whatever it takes to get as many teams into post season play as the more teams they get in the more money the BT Gets.
Iowa just happened to be the sacrificial lamb.
Have you ever thought that maybe the reason why Iowa is on the short end of calls (if they really are) is because Fran is frequently over the top belligerent to them and does not have their respect. After all, no other Big Ten coach has one of these.

QtkftTP.jpg

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason why Iowa is on the short end of calls (if they really are) is because Fran is frequently over the top belligerent to them and does not have their respect. After all, no other Big Ten coach has one of these.

QtkftTP.jpg
you forget your very own Keady or Bobby Knight who threw a chair 3/4 court.

Fran is sticking up for his players, who have received blow after blows to the head knocking them out of games with concussions,

I don't give a damn if they hate Fran's guts you don't let what the other players get away with what they are and you damn well steal a game away from a team just because they are that petty.

if the Refs are that petty then maybe its time to either fire them or suspend them, BB has no place for petty or crooked refs,

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa

QtkftTP.jpg
and if support these type of refs I feel sorry for you.

You should. If you don't, that would be even more crazy than the stat itself.
this season is almost over with. so no I don't give a damn, they are not making the post season as the BT will make damn sure of that.

Fran is sticking up for his players, who have received blow after blows to the head knocking them out of games with concussions,

I don't give a damn if they hate Fran's guts you don't let what the other players get away with what they are and you damn well steal a game away from a team just because they are that petty.

if the Refs are that petty then maybe its time to either fire them or suspend them, BB has no place for petty or crooked refs,
That was a different era. That stuff doesn't fly now.

And I don't believe there is a conspiracy against Fran. You do.

no they are fixing games to get in as many teams into the Post season now.
Indiana desperately needed this win to get them into at least the NIT.
So why didn't they help Northwestern beat MSU?

There's a difference between sticking up for your players and getting mad for some little thing that won't come up again during the course of the game. The second is why Fran isn't respected. When other coaches get mad, they have a good reason for doing so. If he wins and stops doing the latter part, then he will become respected and we will get more calls

ADVERTISEMENT