ADVERTISEMENT

O/U 31 minutes

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
So Purdue-IU is on ESPN 4 hours prior to Coach K’s final regular season game (which happens to be against UNC). Between in game discussion and promos, I’m setting the O/U at 31 minutes of airtime on that game during the Purdue/IU game. You taking the over or under?

BTW, on a national podcast, they were asking why people hate Duke. The biggest reason for me is ESPN alienating their audience by slobbing on Coach K for the last 30 years.

Already showing K highlights during the Ark/UT game. The highlights were against Clemson. 🙄

I'm glad our game is on CBS.
CBS caters to the Cats. Example, last week even though they were showing a game that went to OT, they switched to UK vs Arky. This started when they switched from UK at halftime, because we were blowing out #12 Syracuse 1996-97. BBN attacked CBS bigtime. CBS vowed to never switch from a UK game again lol. We ended up winning 87-53.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sounds like a logical reason to hate ESPN.
I wouldn’t say it leads me to direct hate OF Duke, it leads me to hate hearing about them and therefore having a distaste to hearing them mentioned more than other teams. Like, I don’t care about Duke any more than another program that far away from Chicago and the Big Ten, but if I’m constantly being asked to care by mainstream channels like ESPN, it’s going to create a feeling of annoyance that will sometimes come across as disliking Duke. I certainly have nothing against Duke fans or players, inherently.

ADVERTISEMENT