ADVERTISEMENT

Now, how to deal with basketball withdrawl....

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
After this AZ game----no more games until Thursday...

And what stnks, is I have a baseball clinic to attend Thursday at 5pm, allmost 2 hours from home---So I'll miss Thursday games....

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Just get google glasses and watch while you work. :)
I hate these fukin baeball clinic's----Dumb, useless, time wasting......DId I say, dumb? Fukin waste of time?

I'll get ask about 200 fukin stupid questions----Its gonna be kind of chilly. And its in Jasper(Indiana).

Fuuuuuuuuk...

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
The best athletes and basketball players in the world have games Every night this next week

Invest in a DVR, if you haven't already. I live by this. Probably record 40 games a week. Obviously I can't watch every minute. But, it's freakishly helpful in watching games and maximizing my time. I rarely watch a game live.

CBS Sports Network will be replaying several of the top games from this past weekend, between 8 pm - 2 am (EST). I'm pretty sure that will be happening all week.

There will be two NIT games on Tuesday - and another two on Wednesday. It's not the same quality as the tournament, obviously. But, still decent amount of talent on display.

After this AZ game----no more games until Thursday...

And what stnks, is I have a baseball clinic to attend Thursday at 5pm, allmost 2 hours from home---So I'll miss Thursday games....
BaseVol, FootVol and then back to BasketVol.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Lol, I'm in the opposite camp. Ready for this season to be over so I can move on to watching all the shows piled up in my Q.

Cobra Kai
Ms Mazel
Last Kingdom
Book of Boba Fett
F1 Drive to Survive
Cheer
Survivor
Walking Dead
Yellowstone
After Life

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Also got some gaming to catch up on.

And then there's golf season..

Invest in a DVR, if you haven't already. I live by this. Probably record 40 games a week. Obviously I can't watch every minute. But, it's freakishly helpful in watching games and maximizing my time. I rarely watch a game live.

CBS Sports Network will be replaying several of the top games from this past weekend, between 8 pm - 2 am (EST). I'm pretty sure that will be happening all week.

There will be two NIT games on Tuesday - and another two on Wednesday. It's not the same quality as the tournament, obviously. But, still decent amount of talent on display.

Youtube TV has unlimited DVR space. So every basketball game goes in there just in case

NBA has been getting good with regular season coming to a close. I watch year round though. I fr only watch U of L basketball games and March madness. Being that we sucked complete ass this year, this tourney has been pretty good, but I still prefer NBA. Having games all week and March madness starting back up tomorrow evening I’m stoked.

Youtube TV has unlimited DVR space. So every basketball game goes in there just in case

Do you have YouTube TV? If so, are there ever any issues with the recordings? Just thinking a streaming service might have a few hiccups when live events are recorded, but would be curious to hear more if it's a quality service.

Do you have YouTube TV? If so, are there ever any issues with the recordings? Just thinking a streaming service might have a few hiccups when live events are recorded, but would be curious to hear more if it's a quality service.
I'd also like to know about youtube tv. With the DVR options, does it work like a normal DVR where you can fast forward through the game?

Also, can you start watching a game before it is done recording?

@duckboy33 you've just become our youtube tv customer service hotline guy.

I will give a beginners review/answer. The more experienced @duckboy33 can confirm or give even better info. I have had it about a month now.

No issues with recordings for me so far. You can skip forward through commercials or whatever like a normal dvr. It isn't as smooth as a DVR though, if you have a slower connection it can take a second or two to buffer/slight delay.

If you join mid game you can watch live or watch from beginning. If its over, you can watch from beginning or watch "highlights". Haven't checked the highlights out yet.

Regaurding recordings being cut off, I haven't had that happen but I have only used it about a month now. It auto records UK basketball/football. For St. Peters game(overtime) it recorded about 20 minutes before the game started and over an hour after it ended. So it recorded the march madness preshow and after show. For regular season games it was about 5-10 minute before the game started and 20-30 minutes after the game ended.

I will give a beginners review/answer. The more experienced @duckboy33 can confirm or give even better info. I have had it about a month now.

No issues with recordings for me so far. You can skip forward through commercials or whatever like a normal dvr. It isn't as smooth as a DVR though, if you have a slower connection it can take a second or two to buffer/slight delay.

If you join mid game you can watch live or watch from beginning. If its over, you can watch from beginning or watch "highlights". Haven't checked the highlights out yet.

Regaurding recordings being cut off, I haven't had that happen but I have only used it about a month now. It auto records UK basketball/football. For St. Peters game(overtime) it recorded about 20 minutes before the game started and over an hour after it ended. So it recorded the march madness preshow and after show. For regular season games it was about 5-10 minute before the game started and 20-30 minutes after the game ended.
Thanks! By chance do u have NBA league pass? Was wondering how that is on YouTube. I have it through DIRECTV

Yes. I’ve only had one issue. If the game runs really late, you sometimes lose the ability to fast forward through commercials. Not sure why

Reactions: dukedevilz

That’s been my experience. Well put

I'd also like to know about youtube tv. With the DVR options, does it work like a normal DVR where you can fast forward through the game?

Also, can you start watching a game before it is done recording?

@duckboy33 you've just become our youtube tv customer service hotline guy.

Most of those questions got answered but I’d add that the quality of the stream really depends on your internet speed. With average internet it buffers a bit when you fast forward. With high speed internet, that issue is minimal

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Thanks! By chance do u have NBA league pass? Was wondering how that is on YouTube. I have it through DIRECTV
I don't have it.

Ftr my internet is usually 70-100 Mbps. No issues for me with quality or fast forward.

Use a Roku ultra. Only complaint is it's hard for old people to use it. Gotta turn Roku on. Press right button to yttv. Click it. Then you gotta select home, live, or recordings. Then if watching live you scroll through all the channels to find what you want. Then click it. Then it sometimes asks to watch from beginning or live.

Much harder than turn on and enter channel number. Id imagine nobody here would have issues, but if it's likely older or technologically challenged people will have issues.

Yt tv has it so you can change the channel guide. So you can put the channels in any order you want, but no solution except to scroll through everything for live.

Edit- also it's about $70 a month. Free 7 day trial. So I'd try that before you commit if you have any concerns.

Yes. I’ve only had one issue. If the game runs really late, you sometimes lose the ability to fast forward through commercials. Not sure why
You have to dvr the following shows. No worries b/c it's unlimited dvr. SEC Now is part of my "season pass".

Reactions: duckboy33
I've had YoutubeTV for 4 or 5 years now. It was basically 40 a month when I signed up and I was passing out passes to my 6 "family members" from all of the country.

Each of the 6 family members also has unlimited DVR. I do cancel from April to August. So there's are canceled as well. Over the years they said they just signed up for it.

6 family members and unlimited dvr for all six are the largest selling points for me. Also pause subscription and come back months later and I still have games from yesteryears saved. IIRC, your DVR shows/games stay for 2 years. They self delete after a period of time. Never a need to delete anything due to space.

*after googling it they've shorten down the time your shows stay to 9 months recently. Used to be longer but I guess with more ppl signing up over the years, they had to shorten it.

• As long as you maintain your membership status, live TV recordings will be saved for 9 months. Other programs will vary based on agreements with our content partners.
Never ran into this problem for the obvious reason of watching something within the 9 month time. But something some might consider.

** one last thing that might be a negative is all your "family members" need a google account. This might come into play when a child is part of the family. You'd have to sign them up an account.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT