ADVERTISEMENT

Nova vs Uconn game thread

I don’t know about that charge call Borden ...
Not so sure either....I don't know TBH, WTF you call? No call? UConn guy was set, but Gillispe did slide step him....contact.....But, I mean, UConn guy seemed set---right? I think him hitting him in the side, opposed in the chest, made it look bad...

What you think?

Reactions: Noahtogo24
What rule needs to be fixed in this case?
Enticing the crowd....Its one thing to do so if your team is making a run, etc, etc.....But to do so after being assessed a tech, is cause for a technical foul....MOF, its damn near automatic.

Damn.....I htink you could average 8rpg in the BE, bro...
Untitled.png

:)

Not so sure either....I don't know TBH, WTF you call? No call? UConn guy was set, but Gillispe did slide step him....contact.....But, I mean, UConn guy seemed set---right? I think him hitting him in the side, opposed in the chest, made it look bad...

What you think?
Just my opinion , would have called block/ but can you imagine the crowd if the refs did ??

Just my opinion , would have called block/ but can you imagine the crowd if the refs did ??
I can see it being called either way.....Again, I think the contact not being direct to the torso, made it look more like a block. Looked to me UConn was there, and waiting---I didn't see a lean, or him slide over...Gillispe just made a side step, and the contact was to the Uconn kids shoulder/arm, instead of his chest....

And yeah, the crowd would have lost their minds....But maybe not----But I bet 90% in reality, with how it looked, thought it was a block.

See what I mean? Fukin tough game to officiate, man...

Enticing the crowd....Its one thing to do so if your team is making a run, etc, etc.....But to do so after being assessed a tech, is cause for a technical foul....MOF, its damn near automatic.

Why? People pump up the crowd all the time? Why can’t you pump up your own crowd?

I can see it being called either way.....Again, I think the contact not being direct to the torso, made it look more like a block. Looked to me UConn was there, and waiting---I didn't see a lean, or him slide over...Gillispe just made a side step, and the contact was to the Uconn kids shoulder/arm, instead of his chest....

And yeah, the crowd would have lost their minds....But maybe not----But I bet 90% in reality, with how it looked, thought it was a block.

See what I mean? Fukin tough game to officiate, man...

The block/charge rule is the second worst rule in all of sports. IMO, there’s no reason we should EVER incentivize a basketball player to fall down.

It’s dangerous to the player falling and it’s dangerous to those landing on the person/legs on the ground. There’s just no need for it. Why is falling down considered defense?

We should be incentivizing plays at the rim. Go up vertical and get a blocked shot. Don’t stand in the way and wait to get landed on.

We should do away with the charge call entirely.

The block/charge rule is the second worst rule in all of sports. IMO, there’s no reason we should EVER incentivize a basketball player to fall down.

It’s dangerous to the player falling and it’s dangerous to those landing on the person/legs on the ground. There’s just no need for it. Why is falling down considered defense?

We should be incentivizing plays at the rim. Go up vertical and get a blocked shot. Don’t stand in the way and wait to get landed on.

We should do away with the charge call entirely.
Well said.

If it's obvious, sure. A player pushes off, or driving while out of control. But weak side slide ins stink.

ADVERTISEMENT