ADVERTISEMENT

Nova now has a 130.8 Offensive Rating - We are in unchartered territory

TheNation16

Jan 14, 2018
My god, how high can it go? At this point, we are witnessing the statistically greatest offensive unit the game has ever seen.

Im a huge Purdue slappie and Im completely fine with the notion that Villanova is the best team in the nation.

The offensive numbers are insane. I like how Wright spreads the floor out and then lets Brunson abuse guards in the post since guards arent used to defending the post. Is a brilliant little tinker there.

If you shoot 15-21 from 3 you CAN beat Nova. Otherwise you’re probably going to lose and lose badly. Clearly the best team in the country and it’s really not all that close either. Does it mean they will win it all? Of course not. By they’re pretty obviously the team with the least variance and most consistency.

My god, how high can it go? At this point, we are witnessing the statistically greatest offensive unit the game has ever seen.

Problem with Nova is no depth. WTF does Jay Wright use so few scholarships every season? If you get 13 why only use 10 or 11? Pretty dumb. His plan can work if his team has no injuries.

You mean like the St. John's team thats 0-11 in the Big East and just beat Duke?
Drink that poison all you choose. You sound like the Zags last year.

Nova is good, but the ACC or the Big 12 would offer far more resistance to them than the Big Least. Gosh, they have played two ranked teams.

St. John's beat Duke. If Duke played them twice a week for the next ten weeks that would be St. John's one and only win.

Reactions: ceilo77
Problem with Nova is no depth. WTF does Jay Wright use so few scholarships every season? If you get 13 why only use 10 or 11? Pretty dumb. His plan can work if his team has no injuries.

Umm. He’s already missing 2 of his top 7 to injury. They will be back. But to answer your question he’s found what works best for his system is a 8-9 man rotation that is usually 7.5 by tourney time. Nova fans would like to see him extend to 10 men who can reasonably play because this is 2 years in a row they’ve lost 2 key players. Last year Spellman got suspended and Booth missed the season. Now Booth is hurt again and Jermaine Samuels hasn’t played in over a month. When they rolled 11 players in 2011 chemistry was terrible and everyone wanted to play 30 mins. He’s never tried that again since.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
If you shoot 15-21 from 3 you CAN beat Nova. Otherwise you’re probably going to lose and lose badly. Clearly the best team in the country and it’s really not all that close either. Does it mean they will win it all? Of course not. By they’re pretty obviously the team with the least variance and most consistency.
I like Nova. And do think they are one of the best teams. But to say clearly? Ehhhhh, I cannot get on board with that. They are without doubt, really, really good. But IMO so is Purdue. And so is UVA. And IF MSU can get their turnover issues solved, they are as good as anybody.

Like I said----love Nova. But I don't think they are head and shoulders above Purdue, UVA or MSU.

Drink that poison all you choose. You sound like the Zags last year.

Nova is good, but the ACC or the Big 12 would offer far more resistance to them than the Big Least. Gosh, they have played two ranked teams.

St. John's beat Duke. If Duke played them twice a week for the next ten weeks that would be St. John's one and only win.

Really? Because St. John's plays Big East teams twice a week for the past 6 weeks, and Duke is their only win. LOL

You're a piece of work!

(I get it now, you are an SEC guy and are insecure because your conference is perennially below the BIG 3 conferences (Big East, Big 12, ACC))

Last edited:
Nova has played the 21st toughest schedule. Duke is the only top 10 KenPom team with a tougher one. Villanova expected to play Purdue and Arizona, but those teams crapped the bed and didn't hold up their end of the bargain in the Bahamas. Kansas on the docket the next two years. Third best conference (at worst). What else can they do? (Asking for a friend)

Reactions: KisteK
Nova has played the 21st toughest schedule. Duke is the only top 10 KenPom team with a tougher one. Villanova expected to play Purdue and Arizona, but those teams crapped the bed and didn't hold up their end of the bargain in the Bahamas. Kansas on the docket the next two years. Third best conference (at worst). What else can they do? (Asking for a friend)

At least we play them next year instead when we are loaded. It's hard to not like Wright. Just think how good NCAA tourney would if when you reach the sweet 16 it went to double elimination. We would see some incredible matchups.

Really? Because St. John's plays Big East teams twice a week for the past 6 weeks, and Duke is their only win. LOL

You're a piece of work!

(I get it now, you are an SEC guy and are insecure because your conference is perennially below the BIG 3 conferences (Big East, Big 12, ACC))
The SEC had three Elite Eight teams last year. How many Big Least teams?

Umm. He’s already missing 2 of his top 7 to injury. They will be back. But to answer your question he’s found what works best for his system is a 8-9 man rotation that is usually 7.5 by tourney time. Nova fans would like to see him extend to 10 men who can reasonably play because this is 2 years in a row they’ve lost 2 key players. Last year Spellman got suspended and Booth missed the season. Now Booth is hurt again and Jermaine Samuels hasn’t played in over a month. When they rolled 11 players in 2011 chemistry was terrible and everyone wanted to play 30 mins. He’s never tried that again since.

It worked so well that his team went down last year because they had no depth.

It worked so well that his team went down last year because they had no depth.
Things happen, part of winning a title is staying healthy. Luckily for Nova, everyone will be healthy before the Big East tournament. The depth will be there this year.

I had Nova -13 this weekend. It was a 2 point game with 9:30 left and I chalked it up as a loss...7 min later they are up 21.

They are unreal offensively.

Reactions: willrocks4
Things happen, part of winning a title is staying healthy. Luckily for Nova, everyone will be healthy before the Big East tournament. The depth will be there this year.

"Things happen" to Nova a lot.

Failed to make the tourney or bounced in the first weekend 7 times in the last 8 years.

Have I said that before? SmokinSmile

Nova is a very good program (better than the team I root for) in a shitty conference that usually underachieves and falls flat on its face in March.

Last edited:
I really like Nova this year and they clearly have a tremendous offense (and I know this is adjusted for competition), but is there a single team/program in the current iteration of that conference that is known for their defense? No one is rated in the top 25 in KenPom AdjD.

"Things happen" to Nova a lot.

Failed to make the tourney or bounced in the first weekend 7 times in the last 8 years.

Have I said that before? SmokinSmile

Nova is a very good program (better than the team I root for) in a shitty conference that usually underachieves and falls flat on its face in March.

Hey buddy, you can't post your delusions and then start crying when Nova fans are picking on you.

I can only protect you for so long.

Hey buddy, you can't post your delusions and then start crying when Nova fans are picking on you.

I can only protect you for so long.

Don't like the facts?

tEFTA9c.gif

You're a miserable failure as a troll by the way. I won the minute you created another screen name and started carrying conversations with yourself on a message board.

Reactions: tw3301
Don't like the facts?

latest

You're a miserable failure as a troll by the way. I won the minute you created another screen name and started carrying conversations with yourself on a message board.

You won? I wasn't aware we were playing a game. Nice win though!

I saw you crying about getting bullied by Nova fans, so I tried to step in and stop them for you. I see now that you like to play with bees nests. Enjoy...

You won? I wasn't aware we were playing a game. Nice win though!

I saw you crying about getting bullied by Nova fans, so I tried to step in and stop them for you. I see now that you like to play with bees nests. Enjoy...

A bees nest is a solid description of your tiny, angry little fan base.

KAV95dC.gif

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I love B12 fans saying the BE underachieves in March. Take your head out of your ass, look in the mirror, and you'll see the B12 actually performs worse than the BE.

I get it, WVU had Jerry West 60 years ago. WVU has made 4 Sweet 16s in the last 10 years, Nova has made 3. But lemme tell ya something, no one cares about WVU's extra Sweet 16 in that time frame because people care about TITLES.

Last edited:
I love B12 fans saying the BE underachieves in March. Take your head out of your ass, look in the mirror, and you'll see the B12 actually performs worse than the BE.

I get it, WVU had Jerry West 60 years ago. WVU has made 3 Sweet 16s in the last 10 years, Nova has made 2. But lemme tell ya something, no one cares about WVU's extra Sweet 16 in that time frame because people care about TITLES.

wgljv4m.jpg

Reactions: KisteK and mtronce

I get it, WVU had Jerry West 60 years ago. WVU has made 3 Sweet 16s in the last 10 years, Nova has made 2. But lemme tell ya something, no one cares about WVU's extra Sweet 16 in that time frame because people care about TITLES.

I didnt say the BE underachieves. I dont even know half the teams in the Big East anymore. Nobody cares about the Big East.

I said Nova usually underachieves and falls flat on its face. That's a fact. Dance around it and talk about your title all you want. 90% of the time this decade youre done in the first weekend.

I didnt say the BE underachieves. I dont even know half the teams in the Big East anymore. Nobody cares about the Big East.

I said Nova usually underachieves and falls flat on its face. That's a fact. Dance around it and talk about your title all you want. 90% of the time this decade your done in the first weekend.

If you want people to think you don't care about the Big East, you're doing a terrible job

Reactions: theetommyt
WVU fans gerrymandering the years they want to discuss all of their Sweet 16s. Woah!!! Jay Wright has as many Elite 8s as WVU does in its entire history. And all of them have happened in the last 12 years.

WVU can't get it done in the tournament. Ever.

Reactions: 12jlkhgfdlk
WVU fans gerrymandering the years they want to discuss all of their Sweet 16s. Woah!!! Jay Wright has as many Elite 8s as WVU does in its entire history. And all of them have happened in the last 12 years.

WVU can't get it done in the tournament. Ever.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2719-1336745310-9.gif

ADVERTISEMENT