ADVERTISEMENT

Nova fans...

doogie503

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
giphy.gif

Looks like the opener is -4.5/5.

WVU looked good tonight but I also don't think Marshall had anything left.

The one Nova fan who has somewhat consistently shown his face after a loss this season.

Props to you.

He might look 40, but dont think there's anything old man about his game.

Brunson has more of the old man game. Great player though.

It was a joke about the fact that he looks 40.

I could see this as a game that Nova struggles with. Would not be shocked to see WVU pull off an upset.

Just like every nova game this is all about novas shooting. 41 three point attempts vs Bama. Live by the three, die by the three..

It was a joke about the fact that he looks 40.

I could see this as a game that Nova struggles with. Would not be shocked to see WVU pull off an upset.

Haha my bad.

I hope so. Would love to remove this board of the nova trolls for good.

Carter/Brunson should be a great matchup. Konate/Spellman is a good contrast of styles between two younger, productive big guys too.

Brunson has tried to really take over several times in tight games with mixed results. Love Brunson but I could see that going poorly if attempted against Carter.

Bridges should be key and I think ‘Nova needs Spellman to hit some shots and try to pull Konate out of the paint - which he’s more than capable of - otherwise I could see it turning into a game where ‘Nova can’t get a lot going around the rim and tosses it around the perimeter and settles for jumpers. Offense isn’t nearly as good when they do that.

‘Nova has the personnel to beat the press and attack it. I’m sure Huggins is aware of that so curious to see if he tries to take away what ‘Nova does to break it and forces them to adjust.

Should be a tight game.

Reactions: 77Pat and doogie503
Carter/Brunson should be a great matchup. Konate/Spellman is a good contrast of styles between two younger, productive big guys too.

Brunson has tried to really take over several times in tight games with mixed results. Love Brunson but I could see that going poorly if attempted against Carter.

Bridges should be key and I think ‘Nova needs Spellman to hit some shots and try to pull Konate out of the paint - which he’s more than capable of - otherwise I could see it turning into a game where ‘Nova can’t get a lot going around the rim and tosses it around the perimeter and settles for jumpers. Offense isn’t nearly as good when they do that.

‘Nova has the personnel to beat the press and attack it. I’m sure Huggins is aware of that so curious to see if he tries to take away what ‘Nova does to break it and forces them to adjust.

Should be a tight game.

Yep. I think you'll see us come out and try our tight full court man, but quickly switch to our zone pressure if Nova shows they are well schooled in breaking it (which I assume they will be). As a WVU fan I'm really excited for this game, though I don't think it's a good matchup for us. The Brunson/Carter battle alone is worth tuning in for. Those are two DAWGS and I imagine it will be a true grind with their play.

Really curious how Huggs approaches this game. The obvious move would be to try a softer press and concentrate on the perimeter, similar to how they adjusted vs Marshall. But the press kept us in the game vs Gonzaga last year shockingly and put us up 3 with a minute to play, we just couldnt close (story of this group's career).

Really disappointed in the Nova trolls. Too scared to show their faces on here and go back and forth.

But you know they'll come on here, cheese steaks in hand talking sh** if they win tonight....

@mtronce is cool though. Good luck to you, sir. Hope it's a classic tonight.

Reactions: KisteK
Of all the board rivalries I think my favorite this season has been the odd Villanova vs West Virginia tussle that seemed to come out of nowhere this year.

Doogie, this is the matchup you've practically been begging for all year. You've got to extremely excited, but also nervous as well. The result of this game could very well define your Rivals existence over the next couple years.

I'm pulling for Nova. Been a big fan since local kid Brunson got there plus I picked them in my bracket which is somehow still alive.

Yeah it's been radio silence besides me. Sad!

@doogie503 good luck to you too. Sucks that cats and eers' have to play this round given the garbage on the other side of the bracket.

I think my guys take it but I can very easily see it going the other way if the shots aren't falling or foul trouble sets in.

Yeah it's been radio silence besides me. Sad!

@doogie503 good luck to you too. Sucks that cats and eers' have to play this round given the garbage on the other side of the bracket.

I think my guys take it but I can very easily see it going the other way if the shots aren't falling or foul trouble sets in.

Dude, you don't want anything to do with Sister Jean and the other side of the bracket. Thank your lucky stars you won't have to see her till the final if you get that far.

Of all the board rivalries I think my favorite this season has been the odd Villanova vs West Virginia tussle that seemed to come out of nowhere this year.

Doogie, this is the matchup you've practically been begging for all year. You've got to extremely excited, but also nervous as well. The result of this game could very well define your Rivals existence over the next couple years.

I'm pulling for Nova. Been a big fan since local kid Brunson got there plus I picked them in my bracket which is somehow still alive.

In the old big east, i rooted for WVU over like 75% of the league and I imagine other Nova fans were the same. Wasn't the hate there like with GTown, Cuse or Uconn + everyone respected the hell out of those Belein teams.

Nova has God on it's side too. Would be a tossup.

I've seen your frail old man preacher at the end of the bench sitting amongst the walk-ons. Sister Jean would knock is ass out in under a minute. And then roll her chair back and forth over his unconscious body while whipping him with a harry potter scarf.

I've seen your frail old man preacher at the end of the bench sitting amongst the walk-ons. Sister Jean would knock is ass out in under a minute. And then roll her chair back and forth over his unconscious body while whipping him with a harry potter scarf.

Oh, Rambler with the straight right, pow! Right in the kisser.

Haha Come on now, new guy. My "rivals existence" isn't going to be defined by a couple Nova fans who just come around to troll every now and then, and have been in hiding since their loss to St. John's. Besides, I never really bad mouthed the Nova program, just those idiots who were creating multiple screen names and always hating on WVU.

They're the 1 seed, they're supposed to win. But you're right, I have been wanting this game, and I still think we have a really good shot to pull this one out tonight.

And hey, if I can bounce back from my two week meltdown after the 35-2 game against Kansas, I can bounce back from anything.Winking

Last edited:
The one Nova fan who has somewhat consistently shown his face after a loss this season.

Props to you.

My guess is the lack of 'Nova participation on this board is largely due to the Nova pay board moving off the Rivals platform and over to 247 Sports a while back. That is what happened to me. My annual Rivals subscription finally expired about two months ago. I just signed up for a month to get through the tournament, after that I'll let it expire again. It is hard to justify paying the Rivals subscription for just this forum.

Looking forward to a good game tonight. WVU worries me because Villanova has not played against a defense like WVU's but I like our chances. Villanova has been playing really well for the past couple weeks, hoping it carries through this weekend.

FWIW - the 24/7 platform sucks from a technology perspective but that is where the VU content is so that is where we all are.

What a choke job. Nova played like dog sh*t and still dominated most of the game. B12 is a joke, constantly overrated. Do you want to complain that a 10-loss WVU team got a 5 seed and had to play a proper 1 seed again?

What a choke job. Nova played like dog sh*t and still dominated most of the game. B12 is a joke, constantly overrated. Do you want to complain that a 10-loss WVU team got a 4 seed and had to play a proper 1 seed again?

Honest question. Did you get your other accounts blocked, or are you just too stupid to remember your passwords?

Make sure you send those refs a thank you card.

Oh look. A new screen name.

@Kevin Bryan, @Longstrangetrip ... you monitoring these IP addresses? Laughing

I really should ignore this ******, but I just can't.

Tiny, sad fan base. Guess that's why you play in a rat hole, and rent out an NBA arena.

Honest question. Did you get your other accounts blocked, or are you just too stupid to remember your passwords?

Make sure you send those refs a thank you card.

Yeah, I forgot my passwords because there is no "forgot password button". Classic WVU logic. God you are dumb -- which is to be expected given your fanbase.

Blaming the refs, lmao. No wonder Kansas fans (and other B12 fans) want you out. WVU is an orphan, traveling thousands of miles as a misfit trying to belong somewhere they aren't wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT