ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy injuries and COVID

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Figured we’d need a thread for all the injuries and Covid missed games that will be sure to come this year.

Malik Williams is out for at least 12 weeks. Feel for the kid. Tough loss, UL folks.

Reactions: rockycard
I can prematurely say that Josh Langford is going to get some sort of foot injury that ends his season.

Good thread idea.

As I've been compiling my top 50 list, I've seen several players that are out for the year with season-ending injuries. I deleted those names from my database because I only want to see active players, so I have to go off memory. Richmond's Nick Sherod was the most notable season-ending injury (12.7 ppg, 5.4 reb, 43.8% 3-pt). Some people had Richmond in their preseason top 25. They're still a top 50 team, I believe, but probably not quite top 25 without his services.

-Creighton's Rati Andronikashvili tore his ACL
-Ohio State lost their backup point guard, Abel Porter, to a back injury.
-Butler's Scooby Johnson is out for the season.
-Arizona's Daniel Batcho is out til at least January.
-ETSU's Patrick Good opted out for the year because of COVID concerns.

Reactions: GE Nole
I can prematurely say that Josh Langford is going to get some sort of foot injury that ends his season.

Good thread idea.
Man, I really hope not, that kid deserves to play injury free.

A backup guard for us freshman AJ Hoggard had meniscus surgery and is hopeful for the start of the season. Hurts our depth if out, we need minutes there.

Charles Mineland out 6 weeks with a knee injury, not sure exactly what part of the knee.

Not sure what kind of contributions he will give us but at some point we are gonna need warm bodies.

GD Pitino practices em to hard I tell you what.

A backup guard for us freshman AJ Hoggard had meniscus surgery and is hopeful for the start of the season. Hurts our depth if out, we need minutes there.

Think you might have missed the word “noteworthy” in the title...

Reactions: MGC_07
COVID brings an interesting challenge for seeding and at-large bid determinations. Going to be tricky weighing the wins and losses given what figures to be a revolving door of COVID in locker rooms.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Tristan Clark is retiring. Such a shame. He looked so promising two years ago.

EnC0n0hXYAAfbBi

-Louisville had another noteworthy injury recently. USF transfer, Charles Mineland, had an MCL sprain and is expected to miss 6 weeks. If healthy, I would guess he'd likely be the 6th man for UL. Here are some other notable injuries, some of which occurred prior to the season:

-It was announced yesterday that Miami's highly-regarded freshman, Earl Timberlake (#30 in RSCI), came down with an ankle injury; he is expected to miss 3-5 weeks.

-Ohio State's Seth Towns has been battling a knee injury. He was a superstar at Harvard, the 2018 Ivy League POY. Unfortunately, he hasn't played in a game in over 30 months. Sad. Hope he's able to get back on the court sometime this year.

-UNC's Anthony Harris and Sterling Manley are still battling lingering injuries. Harris only played 5 games last year, while Manley missed the entirety of the season. UNC has plenty of size without Manley, but Harris could be a very valuable piece.

-Arizona State's Luther Muhammad recently had shoulder surgery and will be out for 2-3 months. After transferring from Ohio State, it's logical that he will most likely redshirt this season.

-Dayton's Dwayne Cohill is out for the season after an ACL tear. Only averaged about 13 minutes a game last year, but he was incredibly efficient with his shooting. Would have been a major contributor this season. Big loss.

-BYU's starting power forward, Gavin Baxter, is out for the season after an ACL injury. He's arguably their most athletic player.

-Houston's Fabian White had ACL surgery last month. Forgot to mention him, previously. Houston is already really, really good. Can only imagine what they'd look like with him in the post.

-Iowa State's Blake Hinson, an Ole Miss transfer, is out for the season due to a medical condition (blood abnormality).

-Rutgers's Geo Baker has some type of ankle sprain. Out indefinitely. Not sure on the severity of the sprain.

Williamson for Louisville injured in Seton Hall game, I think it was a toe injury. Ruled out pretty quickly, and missed next game. Probably 2nd leading scorer on team when he returns.

Williamson for Louisville injured in Seton Hall game, I think it was a toe injury. Ruled out pretty quickly, and missed next game. Probably 2nd leading scorer on team when he returns.
Has anything been said about a timeline for his return? We need him.

I’ve heard dislocated toe but have no timeline for his return. We will need him Tuesday.

St John's vs Tech game is cancelled
St John's didn't want to show up in Lubbock so they used Covid as an excuse.
But truth is that if you travel to Lubbock and the only thing you come down with is Coronavirus you are a lucky person.

Louisville has canceled basketball operations for the moment because of a positive Covid test. It’s probably going to happen to everyone

Not sure what Florida's Keyontae Johnson had, maybe a stroke or an aneurysm? Sounds like he's doing better, but still a long road to recovery. I imagine his season is done.

Duke's Jalen Johnson is out indefinitely with a foot injury. Seems like a foot injury is an annual occurrence with Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT