ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina vs Kentucky

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Who wins any why??

Before the season started, I would have gone UK. I think UNC wins a close one, now.

Tar Heels 89
Wildcats 82

Part of a pretty good slate of games on Saturday!

I'm def pumped to watch this one. Love blue blood matchups. I cant imagine this one not being competitive. I think UK will push UNC to the brink, but based on what Ive seen so far, Id give the heels the nod. That being said---this would be a huge win for UK and really quiet some of the early season turmoil....most of it unwarranted b/c we are 10 games in.

Hopefully Kentucky... but from the small sample size I've seen, I'll say:

UNC 91
Kentucky 78

Thought the Zags would win. They got beat pretty easily. Pretty sure the lead was 17 at one point.

UNC - 95
UK - 82

UNC by 33.
n8QNPDi.gif

CATS 85
heels 82

White jacks up too many threes and does not connect, CATS win the battle on the boards.

I think I went

UK 88
UNC 80

On the other thread, still sticking with it.

This team has taken lumps in the bright lights thus far. I’m hopeful that this is the game it will start to click, and the young ones can get out of the own heads and just play. But, I definitely wouldn’t bet on it.

I keep hearing that UNC can’t rebound with UK. Not sure I agree.
UNC is currently 6th in defensive rebounding
& 6th in offensive rebounding

UK is 30th in offense & 71 in defense.

Not seeing why people think UK will have a rebounding advantage.

Is Kennedy Meeks back for his 10th yr? I see maye returned for his 12 th year at unc. I’ll make it easy.

Unc 104
Ky40

If you don’t beat us you guys don’t belong in the tournament. We are below the bar

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I keep hearing that UNC can’t rebound with UK. Not sure I agree.
UNC is currently 6th in defensive rebounding
& 6th in offensive rebounding

UK is 30th in offense & 71 in defense.

Not seeing why people think UK will have a rebounding advantage.

Not seeing that at all, just a few minutes ago a UK fan was talking about UNC's advantage in rebounding.

"A concern for me is that Utah (a middle-of-the-pack rebounding team) outrebounded UK by 8, while UNC doubled up Gonzaga on the glass."

Are you making up storylines again? Tisk

I haven't seen a line posted yet. Neutral site, I would say UNC will be favored by 4 or 5.

I'll go with UNC - 87 UK - 80

Cats still have a loooooooooooong way to go defensively, and they'll be easily exposed by the UNC offense (which I think is as good as any team in the country).

I haven't seen a line posted yet. Neutral site, I would say UNC will be favored by 4 or 5.

I'll go with UNC - 87 UK - 80

Cats still have a loooooooooooong way to go defensively, and they'll be easily exposed by the UNC offense (which I think is as good as any team in the country).
It's going to be tough to keep White from penetrating and kicking to Cam outside or even dishes to Little/May.

I'm not looking forward to this game.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It's going to be tough to keep White from penetrating and kicking to Cam outside or even dishes to Little/May.

I'm not looking forward to this game.
Bad match-up for UK, especially considering the guards can't keep opponents from driving the ball wherever they want, nor can they defend the 3 for shit. I wonder if Cal will utilize the zone at all, as much as he hates to. It might be their only chance to keep it close.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not seeing that at all, just a few minutes ago a UK fan was talking about UNC's advantage in rebounding.

"A concern for me is that Utah (a middle-of-the-pack rebounding team) outrebounded UK by 8, while UNC doubled up Gonzaga on the glass."

Post 9 & 10 in this thread said UK wins the boards. Where exactly did you get your quote?

If UNC out rebounds us by 8 and we get the 58/57 percentages from the floor and the 3, I'll be a happy fan. Not likely though lol....

Is Kennedy Meeks back for his 10th yr? I see maye returned for his 12 th year at unc. I’ll make it easy.

Unc 104
Ky40

If you don’t beat us you guys don’t belong in the tournament. We are below the bar
Meeks won a chicken wing eating contest against Perry Ellis for the grand prize of a 12th year of eligibility, no questions asked.

Meeks won a chicken wing eating contest against Perry Ellis for the grand prize of a 12th year of eligibility, no questions asked.
Rather watch Meeks & his championship ring eat chicken wings than Patrick Patterson eat buggers like he did vs UNC once before.

That's rich coming from a guy that searched my posts for a picture, and then used it for an avatar in a completely unrelated thread. Laughing

Just a joke.
Actually I didn’t search your post. I just came across your pic.
Love how I started out on topic but two other posters have an obsession with me & derail the thread.
Can you two just stay on topic?

Actually I didn’t search your post. I just came across your pic.
Love how I started out on topic but two other posters have an obsession with me & derail the thread.
Can you two just stay on topic?
I know you aren't referring to me, since you quoted me ITT.

Reactions: catman111
ADVERTISEMENT