Non Political Post + Thread

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Mgkcbb, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndesgeorges

ndesgeorges Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So I ask because when I was younger, some friends and I were at a bar in northern AZ after camping for a while. Pretty much everyone carried in the bar and there was a fight that broke out over a game of pool. Instead of a simple bar fight with a broken hand/nose whatever, there were shots fired and it ended up being an awful situation. That made me change my stance that I want everyone around me carrying at all times. I dont even like going to ranges anymore. Theres always one person there that I think to myself "that guy probably shouldnt own a gun".

F-Duke likes this.
  2. LetsGoDuke301

LetsGoDuke301 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Looks like I missed a lot today. Gun control has always been a blast to talk about on this board.

SNU0821 likes this.
  3. BuilderBob6

BuilderBob6 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I carry occasionally, depending on where I'm at. Need more training to carry all the time. Still not sure I would.

SNU0821 likes this.
  4. SNU0821

SNU0821 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Ok, good point. A bar is one place I don't carry (that I go to frequently) for that exact reason. Not that I don't trust myself, but don't want to mix that with only drinking.

Plus, you're not supposed to carry in any location that gets 51% of its revenue from booze. Not that I follow every one of those, but that's one I do.

BuilderBob6 likes this.
  5. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Any place where there is drinking and/or young adults (ie college) imo

SNU0821 likes this.
  6. TheDude1

TheDude1 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I tend to agree that I DON'T want everyone carrying.

I don't trust everyone to DRIVE. Look how moronic people are behind the wheel. And EVERYONE thinks they are a great driver, they aren't the problem, etc etc. Guns? Even worse.

I've been shooting and watched some of the dumbest shit EVER. I've seen guys carrying a loaded weapon around with their finger crooked on the trigger, safety off. I've watched guys sweep the muzzle of a loaded weapon across half a range as they talk with their friends. I've watched guys work to clear a jam with absolutely no idea where their weapon was aimed. I've seen guys who were putting their guns down jam it right into the dirt, and pick it back up with the barrel plugged, and they haven't even noticed. I've seen guys fire ramrods. I saw a guy once with a black powder weapon that had a hang fire, and he LOOKED DOWN THE BARREL for some unknown goddamn reason. And these are gun owners at ranges, who I am sure can recite the four rules and who look down on a lot of people about their attitudes on guns.

A lot of people are dumb, undisciplined, and have an incredibly inflated sense of ability. In order to carry there should be regular and INCREDIBLY strict testing... testing of gun care, of firing, of firing under stress, of understanding situations, etc etc.

I love shooting. I have a few friends I trust COMPLETELY to carry, because they understand the responsibility to a LUNATIC degree. We actually built a 150 yard range at one of their houses and have spent weeks just plinking away. Its a great way to spend a day. I am LITERALLY sitting next to my father in law RIGHT NOW, and he is showing me his new glock 19, which he put a new rough grip on. Literally, at this VERY second. He is looking over my shoulder now:) But yeah, a lot of people are not trustworthy, and they don't know it.

And yeah, guns and alcohol are a TERRIBLY mix. People get fired up and emotional and macho. If they throw fists, fine. But if they draw? Woof.

7. I am stupid

I am stupid Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

NBC Nightly News just stated that the UPS shooter today used an "assault pistol" in the shooting.

I'm sure there was no agenda here, considering I highly doubt an AR style pistol was used.

8. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

Eh. Might be a variable fire, large mag weapon? Who knows until we see what it was.

ndesgeorges likes this.
  9. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

Hahahaha! An assault pistol? That's amazing.

10. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Probably made up, unless it was like a MAC 10 or something with selective fire like theDude said

11. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

Why is this the concern? I apologize for quoting you, but I missed out on the beginning of the conversation. The little bit I have read makes me sick. What difference does it make if it was an AK, AR, G6 or B57? It's the person behind the gun who makes the gun a weapon. Why do these events always turn into a bullshit lib vs pub bitch fest on gun control/rights? This and race are the two topics that will never be fruitful on an internet message board.

12. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Not to speak on his behalf, but I was just responding on the idea that it wouldnt be that weird to call a MAC 10, for example, an assault pistol. Its quite arbitrary, I will not argue that.

13. F-Duke

F-Duke Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

cosmickid likes this.
  14. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

Why wouldn't the type of gun matter? When that guy shot everyone at U of Texas, if he had been using a handgun it would have been pretty amazing. Of course the type of gun is of interest.

15. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

"Possible" "a source says" yadayadayada

16. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

What the shit is goin on?

LINK

ChiTownSean likes this.
  17. ChiTownSean

ChiTownSean Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Active shooter on site is what I'm seeing

18. BuilderBob6

BuilderBob6 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm not so sure about this. Comey mentioned how a media story was totally false. Doesn't make me question all of them but Mueller runs a pretty tight ship. If someone under him is leaking they better watch their ass. Just not sure it would happen under him.
    I did talk about Coats and Rogers still playing a role in obstruction. Who the hell knows?

SNU0821 likes this.
  19. toonces11

toonces11 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yea----how in the Eff are there leaks at this level.

20. F-Duke

F-Duke Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Because the FBI is interviewing lots of people. When you see Mueller and his team walk into someone's office, you notice. The odds are it's not the FBI leaking this but people close to those being questioned leaking it.

BuilderBob6 likes this.
  21. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

There aren't. FAKE NEWS.

22. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

It seems that people are VERY quick to start this "fake news" stance. The vast vast vast majority of news isn't fake. In fact, it is INCREDIBLY rare for actual news (i.e. not a click bait website) to be fake. When did "fake news" become a popular thing? I feel like it just started a few years ago. Did it start with Trump?

Dattier likes this.
  23. I am stupid

I am stupid Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I will take a lifetime ban if he used a handgun with select fire.

Complete off season ban if he used an "assault rifle" style pistol. Mac 10 or variant, AR pistol, etc....

24. Kevin Bryan

Kevin Bryan Moderator
    Expand Collapse

This one has run the course. I am sure there are plenty of other forums you guys can find to discuss real world problems and your views on them, but this isn't it.

Longstrangetrip likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.