Nobody's talking about Baylor

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Turinturumbar, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Turinturumbar

Turinturumbar Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They're 10-4 over their last 14 and have some big wins at WVU & ISU, two tough places to win. Of those 4 losses, one was a close loss at KSU(tough place to win), one was at OSU(another tough place to win), and they led KU in AFH for 30+ minutes. They are playing good right now(if a bit inconsistent). They could make a run in the Big XII tourney and win it. I could also see them making a deep run in the NCAA tourney.

2. JustinSphere

JustinSphere Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

3. PennJayhawk

PennJayhawk Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Senior PG, long, threes, a beast in the paint and a nagging zone. They're far from perfect but they certainly have the pieces for a deep run. Like the other top Big 12 teams it'll all come down to hitting threes and clamping down defensively.

4. That MGH Guy

That MGH Guy Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Drew has led them to a pair of Elite 8s in the past. I could see him doing it again.

5. Turinturumbar

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think their ceiling is higher than that. A lot of it depends on matchups of course and how the refs are calling it. If they let them play physical, Baylor has a huge advantage, as their bigs push people around down low and get away with a lot of stuff. If they encounter a loose whistle they could be in trouble.

6. yabbadabbadoo

yabbadabbadoo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think Elite 8 is very possible. I think Final Four is possible with a couple of breaks.

7. Turinturumbar

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It's always possible with a decent team. Nobody would have picked UK to make the FF last year. Which is why I find it funny when I was reading posts on Jayhawkslant where people were saying we stand no chance to make it past the first weekend this year because we have too many flaws.... Of course this means we'll probably make it to the FF. Often times whatever your expectations are, reverse them and you'll find what will really happen.

8. RondoBaller21

RondoBaller21 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

not usually