ADVERTISEMENT

No #1 Seeds In Elite Eight

This is totally screwed up. They need to adopt the football format, with #1 Alabama playing #4 Purdue, #2 Houston playing #3 Kansas, and the two winners playing in the National Championship game.

giphy.gif

Kansas once again a part of history. We’ve been a 1 seed when all the 1 seeds made the final four….and we were a 1 seed when none of them made the elite eight.

Hope you are correct, but I think UConn might pull it off.
Uconn is playing as they did early in the year....Them and Texas look really good. But so does Miami. I mean they just thumped two pretty good teams in Indiana and Houston. Gonzaga has just gotten better and better and better.

Title winner IMO comes from that group---Uconn, TX, GU and yes, Miami.

Honestly it’s pretty fitting given what we saw all year. We all expected this tournament to be wild
And really, via preseason rankings, an throughout the season, this isn't that bad of an Elite 8 in those regards.

Gonzaga, Texas and UConn were all ranked as high as #2...Texas has pretty much been a Top 10 mainstay all year...UConn had a bad little stretch.....

Kansas State was in the Top 10 as well---I think #5?
Miami was rated as high as #10
Creighton was preseason Top 10, and reached as high as #6..

SD State was a preseason Top 20 team...

Six of the 8 were at ne time or the other, ranked in the Top 10. Only SD State and FAU were not.

Name wise its ugly----Team wise not at all.

And really, via preseason rankings, an throughout the season, this isn't that bad of an Elite 8 in those regards.

Gonzaga, Texas and UConn were all ranked as high as #2...Texas has pretty much been a Top 10 mainstay all year...UConn had a bad little stretch.....

Kansas State was in the Top 10 as well---I think #5?
Miami was rated as high as #10
Creighton was preseason Top 10, and reached as high as #6..

SD State was a preseason Top 20 team...

Six of the 8 were at ne time or the other, ranked in the Top 10. Only SD State and FAU were not.

Name wise its ugly----Team wise not at all.
Kind of great seeing coaching/team plaly instead of individual talent this tournament.

Honestly, I didn't think I would like a tournament without big names but these games are fun af.

I was and still am an idiot.

It's like watching the fundamentals of the women's teams but with men.

Reactions: speedfrk
Took us and Duke 100 fukin years to 5----Uconn could do it 23.

Yikes.
Actually if UConn wins it this year them and Duke will have both won all 5 of their titles in the same time span, 25 seasons. Duke '91 -'15 and UConn '99 -'23. Doubt either would have won in 2020, especially not UConn.

• Wow
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Actually if UConn wins it this year them and Duke will have both won all 5 of their titles in the same time span, 25 seasons. Duke '91 -'15 and UConn '99 -'23. Doubt either would have won in 2020, especially not UConn.
Amazing UConn did it/could do it with multiple coaches though.
Multiple coaches speak to the program. One coach speaks to the coach.

Doesn't really matter though.

I don't think he's all that great, but he's better than Bobby!

Seems pretty good to me. His programs consistently get better and decline when he leaves. Only took him two seasons to upgrade from his first job. And when I watch UConn, they look well-coached and fundamentally sound. This team may not have any NBA players but they look like they could roll anybody.

I’ll bet his dad would have wiped the floor with him if he’d coached at this level through.

God bless the family, that is so tragic and sad, I can't even start to understand the grief. :(
Very sad.....His finace' was leaving for college....He was gonna move close to her---Parent told his fiancee they would not pay for her college if he did.....She broke things off....An hour later, he shoots himself...

I hope her parents feel like shit. Just 20 years-old, man...Uggggh.

• Sad
Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT