ADVERTISEMENT

Nigel Pack - $800k NIL deal

RockChalk82

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
Off to miami. Sad for Kstate. He could have been an all American for them next year.

Have you guys read the Twitter stream of the guy John Ruiz supporting all of this for Miami?

seems like he’ll be on American greed in about 5 years.

I thought for sure he'd be going to Purdue. Did not see that coming. Hard to turn down $800k, obviously.
I've resigned myself to our new reality. Think I'll be playing a lot more golf during Purdue sporting events in the future.

Reactions: dukedevilz
The only difference between Miami and other schools is that Miami Ruiz publicized what he did. This has been going on for many years, under the table and that's how most teams recruited. Now they are unhappy because it is legal and the playing field is even. Please watch Duke's Lively interview where he talked about buying a house for his mother with his NIL money.
And do not take this as a shot against Lively because I think he's a super young man, but it's just to illustrate that everyone does it

Last edited:
The only difference between Miami and other schools is that Miami Ruiz publicized what he did. This has been going on for many years, under the table and that's how most teams recruited. Now they are unhappy because it is legal and the playing field is even. Please watch Duke's Lively interview where he talked about buying a house for his mother with his NIL money.
And do not take this as a shot against Lively because I think he's a super young man, but it's just to illustrate that everyone does it

This is sort of a weird post, no? Seems like everyone in the thread is saying it was a good deal. Don’t think anyone on this board is blind to the fact that these have been happening for decades.

Reactions: KisteK and TKBray
ADVERTISEMENT