ADVERTISEMENT

NFL guys.. season just two months away!

I enjoyed watching football a lot more when I wasn't looking for the flag after every great hit. I understand the NFL is trying not to get sued anymore, but football without the violence is a lot less appealing to me. Ever since high school, it's just a reminder that I'll never put on shoulder pads and a helmet again, which is kind of a bummer, too. I watch on Sundays because it's something to do and an excuse to drink and pig out, but I don't get pumped up for football season like I used to. Fantasy football is really the only thing that keeps me interested in the season. And I'd like to see my dad's Jets do something competent on the football field for once.

I agree it's much better than baseball season, though. God, I hate watching baseball highlights.

I enjoyed watching football a lot more when I wasn't looking for the flag after every great hit. I understand the NFL is trying not to get sued anymore, but football without the violence is a lot less appealing to me. Ever since high school, it's just a reminder that I'll never put on shoulder pads and a helmet again, which is kind of a bummer, too. I watch on Sundays because it's something to do and an excuse to drink and pig out, but I don't get pumped up for football season like I used to. Fantasy football is really the only thing that keeps me interested in the season. And I'd like to see my dad's Jets do something competent on the football field for once.

I agree it's much better than baseball season, though. God, I hate watching baseball highlights.
Doing three leagues this year, did four last year. Love me some fantasy. I know the game has been watered down over the years, but the NFL is still my favorite sport along with college hoops. I bleed Panthers blue and black. And yea, can’t stand baseball.

Reactions: dtgold88
September 6th is kickoff for the 2018 season. I don’t know about you all, but I’m dying for some football. Summer sucks without hoops or pigskin.

Panthers Super Bowl 53 champs ;)
The games don't count, but once preseason starts it almost feels like football season to me. Not even a month away until HOF game I don't think.

The world will be right again!!

Reactions: JimboBBN
Doing three leagues this year, did four last year. Love me some fantasy. I know the game has been watered down over the years, but the NFL is still my favorite sport along with college hoops. I bleed Panthers blue and black. And yea, can’t stand baseball.
As I've probably mentioned a few times, I told my son during the Cavs parade just a Browns division title would dwarf a Cavs' championship.

I still love the Tribe (they are my second choice to win a title), but admit I cannot watch a baseball game if I don't care who wins.

Reactions: Ytry and JimboBBN
Still disappointed in the shellacking the Vikes received at the hands of of the Eagles. Hopefully it left a bad taste in the players mouths and they use it as motivation.

With Cousins, Diggs, Thielen, and Cook, we should have enough on the offensive side to get it done. We also return every major piece on defense and add Sheldon Richardson, to what should be one of the best D Lines in football. Unfortunately, as a Vikings fan, the team will probably find some way to disappoint.

Still disappointed in the shellacking the Vikes received at the hands of of the Eagles. Hopefully it left a bad taste in the players mouths and they use it as motivation.

With Cousins, Diggs, Thielen, and Cook, we should have enough on the offensive side to get it done. We also return every major piece on defense and add Sheldon Richardson, to what should be one of the best D Lines in football. Unfortunately, as a Vikings fan, the team will probably find some way to disappoint.

giphy.gif

The games don't count, but once preseason starts it almost feels like football season to me. Not even a month away until HOF game I don't think.

The world will be right again!!
I’ll watch the first drive or two of preseason games, but after that it’s all back ups. I guess it’s better than nothing, but you can’t get a feel for the team really in those games.

Think you guys will definitely be up there in the NFC. It’s crazy how much more stacked our conference is than the AFC. Hell, I could argue outside of the Patriots, the 4th or 5th team in the NCF would be on top of the AFC.

Reactions: RiordanJC
I’ll watch the first drive or two of preseason games, but after that it’s all back ups. I guess it’s better than nothing, but you can’t get a feel for the team really in those games.
I on't watch much of the games not involving the Browns, but watching them and I know we're almost there.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Preseason is interesting when your team has no stars and there are multiple roster spots available. A lot of 3rd stringers try hard and play hard. It's also interesting when you have shitty QBs trying to earn the starting job.

Preseason is interesting when your team has no stars and there are multiple roster spots available. A lot of 3rd stringers try hard and play hard. It's also interesting when you have shitty QBs trying to earn the starting job.
I do get excited for the first game just to see my team again. And, yes, what you mentioned can hold interest, but really by the middle of the second game I just get more antsy for the regular season.

i am just going to throw this out there (most hope is lost)

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT