ADVERTISEMENT

NFaly Dante ineligible

It’s clearly because at one point he was considering going to Kentucky.
...and UK cut off ties. Amazing how many darts we've dodged.

Seriously though, College basketball fans are the one to suffer. It would have been great watching him at some other school.

They could still have him for the second semester, however. If he's able to suit up, I think Oregon is a legitimate Final Four contender.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Did he reclassify? Was he supposed to play this year?

Yes, he reclassified during late summer with the intention of playing this year. I think we'll see him play once the fall semester concludes.

Seriously though, College basketball fans are the one to suffer. It would have been great watching him at some other school.

Cut off ties, lol. I remember a couple of clowns on this board literally predicting he’d join Uk up until the day he committed to Oregon @Rupp'sRunt

They could still have him for the second semester, however. If he's able to suit up, I think Oregon is a legitimate Final Four contender.
Hopefully he'll be able to go the entire second semester. I was a little crass with my first post. it sounded better in my head. I blame @coryfly

Lol, I didn’t think you sounded harsh.

You obviously weren’t the paranoid, NCAA is out to get us, UK fan I was messing with either though.

Cut off ties, lol. I remember a couple of clowns on this board literally predicting he’d join Uk up until the day he committed to Oregon @Rupp'sRunt

I thought he was joking, playing off the UK fan generalization I was rolling with.

Nope, Nike checks ALWAYS clear.

Hell im Still waiting to see an actual Nike team punished for all this widespread corruption. And by actual I mean relevant/big name school like idk Arizona or LSU whose coaches are still employed despite being caught on the wire discussing paying recruits.

Reactions: Montana81

Hell im Still waiting to see an actual Nike team punished for all this widespread corruption. And by actual I mean relevant/big name school like idk Arizona or LSU whose coaches are still employed despite being caught on the wire discussing paying recruits.

...you're gonna continue waiting a long time. The lengths Adidas has gone to in a futile effort to keep up with the leader of the shoe market is quite obvious.

...having said that, there are some 'lesser' hoops programs (like LSU) that have crossed the line.

Patience, young grasshoppa. They'll get what's coming to them, as will Louisville.

This type of ish is why I’m liking the NBA product much more than ncaa hoops. Easier on the eyes, and less faux drama.

Reactions: Montana81
It appears the NCAA missed NFaly Dante's clearance date. Suppose to be eligible on Dec 14 the day Oregon plays Michigan.

Just goes to show what the NCAA does (or doesn't do) when one doesn't commit to a blueblood. We (UK), Duke and UNC have them in our back pocket. KU not so much for the time being.

...you're gonna continue waiting a long time. The lengths Adidas has gone to in a futile effort to keep up with the leader of the shoe market is quite obvious.

...having said that, there are some 'lesser' hoops programs (like LSU) that have crossed the line.

@IUfanBorden i need the ostrich head in sand gif.

Adidas weren’t battling it out over the shoe market, they were battling it out over players to play for their schools, yes including the flagship programs for each company. You already admitted that some “lesser” Nike schools have crossed the line, so why would Nike go out of there way to cross the line for LSU in basketball, when the flagship program for hoops in the SEC is UK, and they are also Nike school. Unless they were helping both and all Nike programs, but since we all know the burden of proof requirement on this board, I guess tell me how the sand tastes.

@IUfanBorden i need the ostrich head in sand gif.

Adidas weren’t battling it out over the shoe market, they were battling it out over players to play for their schools, yes including the flagship programs for each company. You already admitted that some “lesser” Nike schools have crossed the line, so why would Nike go out of there way to cross the line for LSU in basketball, when the flagship program for hoops in the SEC is UK, and they are also Nike school. Unless they were helping both and all Nike programs, but since we all know the burden of proof requirement on this board, I guess tell me how the sand tastes.

....it's all part of marketing. Adidas has gone to greater lengths to steer players to help their brand because they're always chasing Nike.

How can u say Adidas went to greater lengths when Nike schools like Arizona and LSU were caught doing the exact same thing?

Last edited:
How can u say Adidas went to greater lengths when Nike schools like Arizona and LSU were caught doing the exact same thing?

LSU's had nothing to do with Nike but with a former Adidas employee.Neither did Arizona. The biggie for AZ was miller discussing payments with Dawkins, who worked for an agent. The other one, the assistant coach was caught offering payment to a hs coach to add a class to a former player's transcript so they could get the player eligible.

Yes they're both Nike schools, but Nike wasn't involved.

.....AZ and LSU didn't have strippers in the dorms and put up $$$ for recruits, parents' staying in the Galt House WHILE already on probation.

.....AZ and LSU didn't have strippers in the dorms and put up $$$ for recruits, parents' staying in the Galt House WHILE already on probation.

Adidas didn’t do that either, it was dumbass assistant coach Andre McGee. U think adidas was funneling McGee money for those stripper/hos?

LSU's had nothing to do with Nike but with a former Adidas employee.Neither did Arizona. The biggie for AZ was miller discussing payments with Dawkins, who worked for an agent. The other one, the assistant coach was caught offering payment to a hs coach to add a class to a former player's transcript so they could get the player eligible.

Yes they're both Nike schools, but Nike wasn't involved.

So Nike wasn’t involved in paying any players/families anywhere so Adidas was in bidding wars with themselves? And a former adidas employee paid a kid out of his pocket for him to go to a Nike school? That sand must really smell good. Guess bagleys and Zions recruitments were all clean as a whistle too despite Nike paying bagleys dad 200k to coach an aau team.

And this dawkins guy was the same guy that had a ledger that read bam adebayo 30k bad loan, but since that was only written and not caught on the wire it just can’t be true. And if Dawkins was/is an agent or working for an agent why would he even care what school the player he paid went to. Seems he was making the payments to hopefully secure ayton as a client once he got to the nba, but why would he care that ayton ended up at zona so badly he was willing to pay 150k or more to get ayton to Arizona. so again why would he help steer any player to any school regardless if it was a Nike, adidas, or under armour school if he’s just an agent looking to pay players in hopes that when said player goes pro he will become a client of his agency. Is he a zona alum or something?

Last edited:
And merl codes (former nike employee that is now with adidas) blanket statement was just a lie even though he didn’t even know the wires were tapped.

Not to mention the dude who worked for Nike was texting KP (Payne) about how Nike was paying players and their families small ransoms just to play on 38/40 of their aau teams but weren’t willing to cross that line to pay for the players to go to Nike sponsored colleges, like having them on the Nike aau circuit made Nike enough money to justify making those small ransom payments???? Ok then nothing to see here

Last edited:
After everything that has come out in this widespread corruption, if U still think Nike had nothing to do with paying any players to attend Nike schools then we really don’t have anything to talk about. We can just agree to disagree.

Anymore insight on Nike being above paying players to go to Nike schools??

Oregon is a quarters school so he could hypothetically play earlier than if he was at a semester school because quarters start earlier than semesters for Winter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT