ADVERTISEMENT

New vegas odds released

JC for 3

Oct 21, 2003
Ft. Thomas, KY
Team
Kentucky
Kentucky was listed at 10-1 behind Duke, Kansas and Villanova prior to Tuesday’s update to the odds. But with the recent addition of Reid Travis and Ashton Hagans, the Cats moved to the top at 6-1 to to win John Calipari’s second title in Lexington.

Oregon 4th? What the hell?

Who knows how it'll shake out. All of the supposed top three have a billion new pieces. Chemistry will come into play.

Was Villanova the preseason favorite last year? Or UNC the year before that? Or Villanova the year before that?

Reactions: 829305
Was Villanova the preseason favorite last year? Or UNC the year before that? Or Villanova the year before that?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and....
sNpDJ6u.gif

Reactions: jhmossy
Pre-season polls and Vegas odds posted in the summer are normally two of the biggest stories of the year for Kentucky fans.
Sadly, it is becoming that for Duke fans. If it hasn't already. That and the recruiting "title". Just another year of OADs , another year of putting unfair expectations on a team of unprovens. Another year of being the title favorites despite the fact that this method has only proven to fail.

But, that's why they play the games.

I don't think there is an argument being made that half their titles shouldn't count. They just don't have the bragging power because of the fact that their 4th title came 60 years ago. I wasn't born when they got their fifth and their sixth came 18 years after that.

8 titles is great, let's just go ahead and say that. But let's also not pretend that it is not Kentucky fans who bring those numbers up any time other fans make an argument for having recent success.

I don't think there is an argument being made that half their titles shouldn't count. They just don't have the bragging power because of the fact that their 4th title came 60 years ago. I wasn't born when they got their fifth and their sixth came 18 years after that.

8 titles is great, let's just go ahead and say that. But let's also not pretend that it is not Kentucky fans who bring those numbers up any time other fans make an argument for having recent success.
I was just making a joke and Mr Cliche reared his giant green head. But yeah, 8 titles is great.

Kids today is going to one day discount everything from the 1900's like "grown ups" today discount mid 1900's. If I'm still around I'll point and laugh at them too.:)

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I was just making a joke and Mr Cliche reared his giant green head. But yeah, 8 titles is great.

Kids today is going to one day discount everything from the 1900's like "grown ups" today discount mid 1900's. If I'm still around I'll point and laugh at them too.:)
It's all relative. Like in my case, in my years on earth Duke has 5 championships and Kentucky has 3. So for me, 5>3.

ADVERTISEMENT