ADVERTISEMENT

New AP poll

UNC from #1 to #18. 😬

UK dropped 4 spots and they didn't even lose. Just shows how many teams towards the bottom of the top 25 surged to the top.

Looks pretty accurate to me overall. I think maybe Purdue could've gone even a spot or two higher but they did rise 19 spots. Might be the craziest top 25 fluctuation in 1 week that I've ever seen, at least that I can recall.

UNC from #1 to #18. 😬

UK dropped 4 spots and they didn't even lose. Just shows how many teams towards the bottom of the top 25 surged to the top.

Looks pretty accurate to me overall. I think maybe Purdue could've gone even a spot or two higher but they did rise 19 spots. Might be the craziest top 25 fluctuation in 1 week that I've ever seen, at least that I can recall.

I wouldn't been mad had UNC dropped out the top 25.

Vols 13th with a bullet and in striking distance.

If not mistaken, last time IU/PU were in the Top 10 at the same time was either 1993-94, or 1986-87.

Sheesh
Yeah, it's definitely been a while. The last time Purdue and Indiana played each other was when #6 Purdue beat #3 IU 75-64 on 2/26/87. IU beat Purdue 4 weeks earlier 88-77 when they were tied for 4th.

Reactions: cdbearde
Well they don't play the first game for over a month and a half from now, so there's plenty of time for UK to drop out of the top 25 altogether by then. 😂
I hope y'all have a resurgence between now and then. UK fans only have two modes: 1. World beaters 2. Sky is falling.

Y'all are way more fun when you "think" you're on top of the world. You really bring the smack then. If you're down, I'm having to sooth ya and attempt to build you up. I hate the later one.

I hope y'all have a resurgence between now and then. UK fans only have two modes: 1. World beaters 2. Sky is falling.

Y'all are way more fun when you "think" you're on top of the world. You really bring the smack then. If you're down, I'm having to sooth ya and attempt to build you up. I hate the later one.
A wise man once said......
if-you-aint-first-youre-last-gary-cole.gif

01-3-before.jpg

A wise woman once said, "you'll need to clean the basement up before you move your stuff down there." Glad to see you're on it.
UK will never live in the basement, Della. That's usually reserved for Vandy, UGA, USC, etc.

UNC from #1 to #18. 😬

I don't remember this much fluctuation before. A 19 spot jump is pretty huge. I'm ok with where they have us. If we are better than that, it will work itself out. If not, then it wasn't meant to be.

Yeah, it's definitely been a while. The last time Purdue and Indiana played each other was when #6 Purdue beat #3 IU 75-64 on 2/26/87. IU beat Purdue 4 weeks earlier 88-77 when they were tied for 4th.
Just did the footwork....

1998-99 season...

Dec 7 thru Dec 28th.

IU--#10, #10 and #8
PU--#9, #8 and #9

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Just did the footwork....

1998-99 season...

Dec 7 thru Dec 28th.

IU--#10, #10 and #8
PU--#9, #8 and #9
Hence why UNC/Duke is the best rivalry now. In the 80's and 90's, it could be argued Purdue/IU was bigger (or at least on par).

Hence why UNC/Duke is the best rivalry now. In the 80's and 90's, it could be argued Purdue/IU was bigger (or at least on par).
Eh, no disrespect, but my sister lived in Indianapolis for 7-8 years - she was a Butler grad and Illini fan, so no dog in this fight. I think due to the great high school basketball history in the state, IU and PU fans TEND to be a bit "Indiana-centric" in their thinking, especially when it comes to this rivalry. Whether or not IU-PU actually WAS on par with Duke/UNC in the 1980s, I am not sure. However, I can tell you that I highly doubt anyone in Chicago (where I live), as an example, would have thought that, and I would wager the same skepticism of this claim would be prevalent in most areas of the country.

Also, as someone who always checks for the new AP poll on Mondays, I want to say how hilarious it is that the Coaches Poll always comes out JUST a little bit later so that the coaches who didn't watch any games at all can pretty much copy the AP poll and move one or two teams around due to personal bias and act like they're adding some independent thought to the thing. 😂

What happened to UNC? From AP #1 to #18 within a week, and now struggling against Indiana. This is supposed to be the clear-cut best team in the nation, but now they are playing like a borderline top 25 team.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
What happened to UNC? From AP #1 to #18 within a week, and now struggling against Indiana. This is supposed to be the clear-cut best team in the nation, but now they are playing like a borderline top 25 team.
I've been wondering the same. Just don't look the part.

Are we witnessing the fall of the Blue bloods?
If Blue Bloods fall, aren't they still blue bloods?

They've all had down years before. It's the consistency instead of being decent with a certain coach.

Anyone can be a flash in the pan or a johnny come lately.

If Blue Bloods fall, aren't they still blue bloods?

They've all had down years before. It's the consistency instead of being decent with a certain coach.

Anyone can be a flash in the pan or a johnny come lately.

When Louis the XVI was beheaded on the guillotine was he still king? Does it matter?

Can you consider a fire that has been raging for a decade a flash in the pan? At what time do you finally consider it an inferno? 🙂

Last edited:
When Louis the XVI was beheaded on the guillotine was he still king? Does it matter?

Can you consider a fire that has been raging for a decade a flash in the pan? At what time do you finally consider it an inferno? 🙂
Blue blood is like eternal flames.
Others are kind of like firecrackers. Watch them go off, make a big noise, and show, and then poof.

When a team can suck for a few years/decades and still be better than most others....that's strong.

Blue blood is like eternal flames.
Others are kind of like firecrackers. Watch them go off, make a big noise, and show, and then poof.
d7s.gif

Blue blood fans are kinda like believers of the Mayan calendar. The prophecies ain't going to happen and they ain't coming back.

The fallacy of the firecracker analogy is when they continue to blow your ass up year after year.

d7s.gif

Blue blood fans are kinda like believers of the Mayan calendar. The prophecies ain't going to happen and they ain't coming back.

The fallacy of the firecracker analogy is when they continue to blow your ass up year after year.
blue blood means coming back and hitting right in the face of doubters. You keep harping on BB's being down. They've been down before.

Consistency is key.

blue blood means coming back and hitting right in the face of doubters. You keep harping on BB's being down. They've been down before.

Consistency is key.
Are you saying they are consistently down? That’s somehow a good thing?

ADVERTISEMENT