ADVERTISEMENT

New #1

Ohio State is undefeated and beat Villanova by 25, UNC by 25 (on the road), and Penn State by 32. Also, took down Cincinnati in the season opener. Hard to argue anyone being #1 outside of tOSU.

I don't think that any of those teams are actually good right now, but the way they've pummeled them has been impressive.

Ohio St will be #1 in the coaches poll at least.

I don't think that any of those teams are actually good right now, but the way they've pummeled them has been impressive.

Probably not any Final Four teams, but three very solid teams. And Cincinnati is decent, too. Here are their KenPom Rankings:

Villanova- #20
Penn State- #23
UNC- #24
Cincinnati- #51

Reactions: mddcbuck

not surprising that you think everyone sucks except for kansas and whoever kansas plays

Pissing our pants against duke with turnovers still irks me. No disrespect to dukes defense, but we had so many unforced errors in that one. Dotson looked like a High school player that night. I'd take a loss to a small school if you can replace it with a blue blood win.

Pissing our pants against duke with turnovers still irks me. No disrespect to dukes defense, but we had so many unforced errors in that one. Dotson looked like a High school player that night. I'd take a loss to a small school if you can replace it with a blue blood win.

I wouldn't. Losing to a weak midmajor at home shows serious flaws. Losing by 2 to one of the top teams in the country after spotting them 14 extra possessions is annoying, but also kind of promising. Sloppiness is one area that a team can and usually will improve as the year goes on.

If you're going to have an awful game, the first game of the year is the best time for it.

I have no problem with tosu being the number one team in the country. They have looked impressive and the only reason we are ranked ahead is preseason rankings. No qualms from this ku fan.

Reactions: KisteK and mddcbuck
Ohio State is undefeated and beat Villanova by 25, UNC by 25 (on the road), and Penn State by 32. Also, took down Cincinnati in the season opener. Hard to argue anyone being #1 outside of tOSU.

They showed a stat last night that OSU is the 4th team in history to beat 2 top 10 teams by 25 points or more. The other 3 all went on to win the national championship.

Virginia still would’ve done it first though.

giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Had OSU been able to get the win tonight, I think they would've jumped KU in tomorrows new poll. That #1 ranking will continue to be a revolving door for the remainder of this season. Not saying KU can't keep it for a while, but with the way this season has played out already, the spot for #1 will probably be open to change from here on out.

We still have to go to Villanova next Saturday. I won't be surprised if they end up winning.

Dang, Ohio might be the first team to choke before they were annotated #1.

Note, home team in the Big Ten this year are 13-0

So Kansas will be the #5 number 1 this season? And if they lose saturday to Nova, Zags could make it #6....

Reactions: KisteK
Home teams in the Big 10 are 0-2 vs DePaul.
maybe we can play again in the NCAAT. to me you caught Iowa at a bad time, that was your 4th game while is just Iowa's 2nd game.

Fran was replacing 3 starters in these
Cook Garza moved up to take his place
Moss was replaced by RSFR Fredrick
Jordan [did not play] replaced by RSSO Connor

Nunge stepped into the void when Garza moved to Cooks role. now the players are settling into their new roles, plus they are adjusting to playing W/O Nunge, Patrick and now maybe Jordan.
this will make Fran play with a 8 man rotation vs his normal 11-12 player rotation.

maybe we can play again in the NCAAT. to me you caught Iowa at a bad time, that was your 4th game while is just Iowa's 2nd game.

Fran was replacing 3 starters in these
Cook Garza moved up to take his place
Moss was replaced by RSFR Fredrick
Jordan [did not play] replaced by RSSO Connor

Nunge stepped into the void when Garza moved to Cooks role. now the players are settling into their new roles, plus they are adjusting to playing W/O Nunge, Patrick and now maybe Jordan.
this will make Fran play with a 8 man rotation vs his normal 11-12 player rotation.

all I know is we shit kicked you guys at your own home.

And if you want to start comparing who has more new pieces, you're gonna come up short in that one as well. We brought back 3 players total from last year's team.

Reactions: dukedevilz
all I know is we shit kicked you guys at your own home.

And if you want to start comparing who has more new pieces, you're gonna come up short in that one as well. We brought back 3 players total from last year's team.
and how many transfers? or SR's. right now I like Iowa's chances at winning the game.

and how many transfers? or SR's. right now I like Iowa's chances at winning the game.

well good luck with that in fantasyland. I'm happy living with the reality of already knowing that we destroyed you guys by like 20 in your own building.

Only way you can possibly redeem that is come to Chicago and beat us at ours. And that sure ain't happening anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT